Cumby, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and besides that, i had a class not show up at school, but now i've gotta get back for the next class! i'm in the "american corner" of the library wiht books, magazines, and slow-ass intenret, like i said som threads ago, most other americans got internet in their homestays :sad: but at least i'm sleeping more.

like i said som threads ago, most other americans got internet in their homestays :sad: but at least i'm sleeping more.

Boo! We miss you here.

And just so you know, when we hit thread #100 in a couple of threads' time, we're going to Vaduz.

Here's the Greek options: Greek restaurants in Melbourne, VIC

Sort it by suburb and have a look at the Inner Melbourne and Southbank section. Can't say I'm 100% convinced to go to any of them really. Looks like we should avoid Stalactites at any rate.

I don't want to choose! If it's shit, then it's my fault! :laugh:

Viva La Vida, duh.

:lmao:

I actually listened to it:

Review: Viva la Vida by Coldplay

Being a reasonably hardcore U2 fan, it felt like blasphemy of sorts to be pushing Coldplay's latest CD into my car CD player - much akin to attending a Mormon church, or driving a Proton.

However, the CD starts off well with an instrumental track, Life in Technicolor - which, the American misspelling notwithstanding, is excellent. However, the album then goes into Cemeteries in London, which, whilst being a pretty decent song, is quite possibly the worst jump/segue in any album I've heard.

A few other songs flow gently past, before coming to the excellent title track, Viva la Vida. This is, for want of a better comparison, Coldplay's Beautiful Day - an anthem that is distinctive, standout and great fun. The album then continues on with the "grower" Violet Hill, before coasting on to an end.

All in all, the album is, scarily, much like what Chris Martin himself said it to be - Coldplay's Unforgettable Fire. It is an experience that is all about sound and atmospherics, rather than pushing a point or hitting hard. The ambience and sheer brilliance of some of the instrumentation on this album are very reminiscent of the Unforgettable Fire, however Viva la Vida is let down by one thing and one thing only - Chris Martin.

His bland, slowly grating voice and equally bland lyrics are what prevent this album from being a genuine hit. If Martin were Bono, with Bono's earlier lyrical ability and voice (as he sometimes seems to wish), this album would have taken off the ground and never looked back. Instead, it wavers gently on the boundaries of greatness and mediocrity, hoping to tentatively make a foray into foreign territory.

Three out of five.

Bet you a dollar it ends up so we all walk around the city, finding we needed a booking, and finally eat at McDonalds or something.

For any last-ditch option, Young & Jackson's is pretty good too.

Bet you a dollar it ends up so we all walk around the city, finding we needed a booking, and finally eat at McDonalds or something.

For any last-ditch option, Young & Jackson's is pretty good too.

If we can get definite numbers tonight/tomorrow, one of us can book either Curry Vault or Tsindos.

I'd prefer if I don't have to make the booking. Don't like using phones.

If we can get definite numbers tonight/tomorrow, one of us can book either Curry Vault or Tsindos.

I'd prefer if I don't have to make the booking. Don't like using phones.

I'll pass on booking. Let Bonnie do it! :laugh:

Actually, let's let Ian do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom