Crowded House Adoration & Worship Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rest of my stuff is mp3 sourced though... I'll probably pop up the Newcastle Jam show. :yes:

I'm trying to find somthing hillarious as the "induction" talk at the Opera house though. :shrug:

timothius said:
The rest of my stuff is mp3 sourced though... I'll probably pop up the Newcastle Jam show. :yes:

I'm trying to find somthing hillarious as the "induction" talk at the Opera house though. :shrug:

I don't mind MP3s for my own personal listening. All the stuff on my computer is MP3/M4A for two reasons - 1. space constraints and 2. so that Audioscrobbler logs it.

If I'm trading, I abhor MP3s, heh. I can tell the difference, but generally only at high volume on lower bitrate MP3s.

(I also need to decode that Sydney Finn show of yours and have a listen! Did you hear yourself?)

Axver said:

Did you hear yourself?

:yes:

In the interlude between Shark Attack & Message To My Girl... there is a whole lot of yelling, it goes quiet... then you hear a ridiculous call of "Choccie!!!!" plain as day... it wierded me out the first few times I heard it.

PS: My accent sounds quiet like an Australian :sad: :cut: :bleed:

Last edited:
Oh, now I have to decode it (after listening to some Shihad, who I've been meaning to play all morning but haven't yet! It's those Finn Brothers stopping me!). Ah, sigh, accents. Some Kiwis reckon I'm sounding more like an Aussie now, while Aussies still say I sound very Kiwi.

I also think one of us needs to do a Kiwi Music Appreciation thread. Sound like a good idea?

Audeince Viewpoint Time is so good... its from Paul's last show in Atlanta when he left the band with 1 hours notice. :(

I love the line... "If you do I Got You tonight the whole world will just be a great place" :cute:

timothius said:

It's the Recurring Dream Limited Edition Live Disc...

So if your copy of RD was 2 discs (this one was blue and the normal one was red) then you have it... if not - it's new. :)

In that case, let me say WOOHOO NEW STUFF!

(Wish I'd known there was a 2CD version ...)

The ending to "Hole In The River" was cool! I've not heard many live versions of that song, but the ones I have heard have always been really good, and this one was no exception. They were just playing the hell out of the song there for a bit towards the end, weren't they?

God, I wish I could've seen these guys live...

Angela

Hole In The River. :love:

There is a Neil Solo version from Abbey Road studios as a request where its just him on a piano... its moving as well... but that Live version (and the segue from LYTTDID) is just amazing.

timothius said:
Hole In The River. :love:

There is a Neil Solo version from Abbey Road studios as a request where its just him on a piano... its moving as well... but that Live version (and the segue from LYTTDID) is just amazing.

:yes:. I'll have to hear that solo version, too. I love the piano/keyboards/whatever in that song.

I liked the version of "Whispers And Moans" I heard earlier! That was awesome. "It's all about the whispers, and the moans..." LOL :D.

Course, I just love that song anyway, so...:up:.

Angela

timothius said:
Whispers rules all live... that last tag at the end... "We are mirrors of each other in an age of suspicion...'

:yes:...

Just listened to "Sister Madly". That. Kicked. Ass. LOL. That was great!

The audience participation bit you referred to earlier was funny, too. "Get rid of everyone but Crowded House!". Also, the lady who said "New Zealand sucks!"...uh...I'm sure Neil appreciated that...:p.

Also, I just want to say I love these guys' accents :D. It's fun to hear them talk.

Originally posted by timothius
BTW... How much is There Goes God live?

What do you mean?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Also, I just want to say I love these guys' accents :D. It's fun to hear them talk.

When it comes to Neil, what accent? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom