Cricket Super Series-- Australia v World XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe they're scoring at a run a ball and have lost only 3 wickets.

:sad:

I think Pietersen will be fine. I'm sure he'll be out there batting in an hour or two. Not that it really matters. Australia have already won, even without McGrath.

They are indeed the best team in the world, and they're proving it again today.

I'm convinced every single country represented in the World XI would do better against Australia and probably win. This cobbled-together team was poorly picked and it's no wonder they're being taken to the cleaners.

Wow, Gayle is batting awesomely well!

timothius said:
I can't wait until the Chappel/Hadlee series next month. :drool:

Why do they have to mention the name Chappel? :mad:

I blame Pollock and Kallis entirely for that loss. Pollock because he was stupid enough to send in Kallis, and Kallis because he 1. slowed up the runs and 2. ran out the on-fire Sangakarra. Everything fell apart from when Kallis was sent in by Pollock.

Idiots. :madspit:

Axver said:
I blame Pollock and Kallis entirely for that loss. Pollock because he was stupid enough to send in Kallis, and Kallis because he 1. slowed up the runs and 2. ran out the on-fire Sangakarra. Everything fell apart from when Kallis was sent in by Pollock.

Idiots. :madspit:
I blame Kallis. He was utter shite.

As for Pollock, its kind of tough to blame him, as you never know where these player's hearts lie. Best example is Lara. I don't think he's all that interested in this series. But Pollock has no choice but to play him in ODI 3.

Hey, cleazer, where are you actually from? Most Americans don't seem to like cricket.

Anyway, Freddie Flintoff has said that the prospect of 20+ hour flight to Australia to play even more cricket against a team that England just beat hasn't actually appealed to him much.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Anyway, Freddie Flintoff has said that the prospect of 20+ hour flight to Australia to play even more cricket against a team that England just beat hasn't actually appealed to him much.

A damn good point it is too. The series was a bad idea, that messed around the ICC Calandar and has made room for baseless comments such as

"I still feel we are the best cricket team in the world in both forms of the game."

Naturally how they gel with comments made just weeks earlier with no tests inbetween such as:

"Like everyone else I tried as much as I could but England were too good."

... I cannot fathom.

The real comedy will come in the C-Hadlee Series where the "best in the world" will be shown who the true ODI champion are. :eyebrow:

Nice Avatar by the by yert!

Thanks. I'm a bandwagon jumper due to the Ashes so Flintoff's the only cricketer I know so far who doesn't have crap hair! I mean Pietersen's mullet, my goodness.

Borrowed a couple of books today on the Cricket World Cup and one by Mike Atherton explaining the rules and stuff to help me get better knowledge. Cricket's great, I don't know why I took this long to appreciate it.

Likely line-ups for ODI 3:

World XI 1 Chris Gayle, 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (wk), 4 Rahul Dravid, 5 Jacques Kallis, 6 Brian Lara, 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Andrew Flintoff, 9 Shaun Pollock (capt), 10 Daniel Vettori, 11 Muttiah Muralitharan, 12 Makhaya Ntini.

Australia 1 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 2 James Hopes, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Michael Clarke, 7 Shane Watson, 8 Andrew Symonds, 9 Cameron White, 10 Brett Lee, 11 Glenn McGrath, 12 Nathan Bracken.

Assuming Pietersen is out, and Shoaib takes a break before the test, Afridi and Ntini will play for the World XI.

Meanwhile, for Australia, Hopes replaces a possibly injured Katich, and McGrath comes back for either Clark or White.

Have you guys looked at the World XI Test squad? As of right now, it looks like a complete joke! There's no need for the test to last 6 days, as Australia will surely win it in four!

The only two World XI batsmen worth keeping, Sangakkara and Gayle, aren't part of the test squad!! Unless Lara decides to hit a century or two, this is going to be ugly.

Back
Top Bottom