CREED Guitarist Impersonator Sentenced To 25 Months In Prison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
A Florida man who impersonated CREED guitarist Mark Tremonti, running up large tabs at bars and restaurants and stealing more than $1,000 from a woman, was sentenced to 25 months in prison Friday (Dec. 19), according to the St. Petersburg Times.

Kevin Eckenrod is described as a nomadic career criminal who has more than 30 aliases and had amassed more than 60 criminal charges in Florida over the last decade, many of them for scamming and swindling. He also has pretended to be the son of New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner.

Eckenrod, 40, is said to have a slight resemblance to Tremonti, though he was 11 years older than the guitarist when he pulled the scam. Residents and bar-goers along other Pinellas beaches also reported seeing someone posing as Tremonti last spring.

When Clearwater police arrested Eckenrod in April, he told officers: "It's my hustle. I am a stone-cold alcoholic, and it's my way of getting my drinks and a place to stay."

He also said: "This is getting old, but you have to admit, I do look like the guy from CREED."

Prosecutor Bill Burgess said an attorney for the rock guitarist called him and said Tremonti wanted Eckenrod sent to prison.

"His client was very concerned about this (and) he wanted to make sure the case was thoroughly prosecuted," Burgess said.

Why wasn't the real guy imprisoned to for crimes against music?? :lmao:

:lol: I was thinking the same thing, martha

Creed
Creed
Creed
Creed
Creed

Alright...I'm grossing myself out... :D

I'd give the guitarist from creed some money.....

to take some guitar lessons.

This story sounds alot like the Nikki Sixx/Matthew Trippe story from the 80's.
I'm sure many here are too young to know of it, but it was interesting because of the guy's defense.
From what I recall: In 1983, a man named Matthew Trippe was impersonating bassist Nikki Sixx. The case went to trial and I believe Trippe was sent to jail. The fascinating thing was he said he had been hired by Motley's management to replace Sixx who had supposedly beeninjured seriously in a car crash. Trippe claimed to have performed concerts with the band and made many other public appearances. He also sued for royalties for songs he claimed to have written, a suit he dropped in 1993. It was fairly big news at the time on MTV and in RollingStone etc.

Last edited:
How stupid are people? If the Edge came up to me at a bar and asked me to buy him drinks or give him money I'd tell him to shove it.

we've been able to type creed for a while haven't we?

I wouldn't know the guitarist for Creed if he came up and bit me on the ass, so this other guy wouldn't have gotten a dime from me.

i wouldn't know either.

Back
Top Bottom