Creed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
I have had the new Creed song in my head for weeks. I DON'T EVEN LIKE CREED!!!
frown.gif

P.S. IN EYKIW awhile ago someone posted the cover of the new Creed CD -- it had a tree with the guys faces carved in. I thought that was a joke! I thought someone made that up to make fun of how Creed is trying to do the JT of the 21st century or something.

Then I get my Pulse magazine from Tower, flip it over, and there's CReed on the back cover, and there's a picture of the new CD. It's the tree thing!! How gross.

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

Creed...

the only song I liked was 'arms wide open' and thats simply because my friend nat turned it into the song 'with legs wide open' a song to tribute this total WHORE that wanted me to sleep with her, but she was dirty and seriously manish... so I was just like ummm ewww bye bye... anyways, it was just hilarious LOL

With arms wide open

is my LEAST fav Creed song. It's just disgusting. I don't like it. And the video looks like a Skittles commerical.....
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

Originally posted by WildHonee:
P.S. IN EYKIW awhile ago someone posted the cover of the new Creed CD -- it had a tree with the guys faces carved in.

Where!??

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that "With arms wide open" was a line from a "Star Trek" episode, and that Creed ripped it off from that. I'm not well-versed with my Trekkie trivia, so I'm not sure...I think my dad told me that

I'm a big fan personally and they put on a great live show. What's the big deal about the album cover? I've been a U2 fan since I was 6 and never even thought that it was a rip off of JT...but I do agree it is quite ugly. I think it's stupid that everyone rips on 'em because of Stapp's ego....psss...it's no larger than Bono's. It's all about the music anyway. But to each his own I guess...

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 10-31-2001).]

That has got to be one of the most retarded and convoluted album covers I have ever had the displeasure to lay my hazel eyes on.

rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
sweathered.jpg

Ew

THE HORROR! THE HORROR!! See, doesn't it look like a joke?
But Pulse magazaine never lies....

------------------
~*Mona*~
Ramble on,
Sing my song

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Originally posted by Se7en:
I think it's stupid that everyone rips on 'em because of Stapp's ego....psss...it's no larger than Bono's.

You have to earn the right to have an ego. A lot of people, including myself, are annoyed by Creed because they seem to act like they are bigger than what they are. I've also heard on many accounts that in real life they are a bunch of pricks, unlike how U2 are humble. And plus, Scott Stapp's voice is just fucking annoying. (WITH AAMMSS WIDE OPUH!)
wink.gif

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

sweathered.jpg

I'm affraid it's really ugly
But, the only song i heard was "With arms wide open". At first I liked it, but when it got to be the number1 song for 10 weeks in a row , i totally got disgusted by it.

------------------
*~"Bono's Pupeteer"~*

Originally posted by mikal:
You have to earn the right to have an ego.

"Human Clay" has sold over 10 million copies and I believe "My Own Prison" is at around 6 million. Don't know about you but that would give me a bit of an ego.
wink.gif

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 11-01-2001).]

creed is just a sophisticated ac/dc. all their songs sound the same. the new song would have fit nicely on the last album. if they want to become the biggest band in the world they're going to have to branch out and evolve.

did any songs on the unforgettable fire sound like songs off war, did any songs off the joshua tree sound like songs off the unforgattable fire.. see what i am getting at.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Actually, I think the Joshua Tree is perfectly blended between the Americanized Rattle and Hum and the experimental Unforgettable Fire. I've heard another song off of the album by Creed, and it sounds NOTHING like the other albums.

Originally posted by david:
creed is just a sophisticated ac/dc. all their songs sound the same. the new song would have fit nicely on the last album. if they want to become the biggest band in the world they're going to have to branch out and evolve.

I completely agree. However, they will never be biggest band in this Pop-laden world with that loud, brash, heavy guitar sound. Even if their messages are uplifting - that's too hard a noise for the masses to sway to.

Originally posted by Hewson:
Where's a nice sharp lumberjack's axe when you need one??

LOL!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"It's not rocket surgery" ~My KatiePie

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Yeah, well they sure as hell cleaned up at the MY VH1 AWARDS!!!
wink.gif

oooooohhh... watch out! LOL

------------------

"Human Clay" has sold over 10 million copies and I believe "My Own Prison" is at around 6 million. Don't know about you but that would give me a bit of an ego.
wink.gif

But have they won the Grammy for Album, Record, or Song of the year? Or been on the cover of TIME magazine?

------------------

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom