Craggy Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think the combination of chicken with a standard pizza base tastes awful. Stunningly reminiscent of cardboard, in fact. I prefer my chicken by itself, seasoned somehow, with barbecue sauce to dip it in. Now, salami and bacon, there are a couple of meats made for pizza.

Ick, doesn't sound fun. I was worried I was coming down with something a couple of days ago, but it seems drinking more water than normal and having extra vitamin C has helped keep it at bay. Or maybe it was just a trick of my sinusitis. That'd be typical of it.

If I had the choices in front of me, I'd choose sausage over any of the other pizza meats every time. :drool:

I felt a sore throat coming on around Tuesday and took some airborne and drank some juice, but I think my immune system is so worn down from various other stress that it just had it. Hopefully it's on it's way out, the coughing is just terrible, though.

Sorry to hear about your cold. However, I agree with the bloke about the chicken. If it doesn't work between you two, what's his number?? :D

:hmm:

Nah... :wink: lol

I think i'll be wise to call it a night.

Definitely have to make a point of staying up until the wee hours at some stage, but not when i may be going to the moooooooooooovies tomorrow. I'm not paying a premium to sleep in a dark, noisy room!

:laugh:

Yeah, I'll probably be out early too, due to exhaustion from last night's lack of sleep.

Have a good one! :wave:

I fucked paid the price for last night this morning. Holy shit. Four hours of sleep. Ugh.

My computer failed about five minutes before YLB's rant.

If I had the choices in front of me, I'd choose sausage over any of the other pizza meats every time. :drool:

I felt a sore throat coming on around Tuesday and took some airborne and drank some juice, but I think my immune system is so worn down from various other stress that it just had it. Hopefully it's on it's way out, the coughing is just terrible, though.

I've never been too keen on sausage on pizza either. I'll deal with it on meatlovers pizzas, but it's not something I'm usually in a hurry to choose.

I pretty much told my immune system that now that I'm done with uni for semester, it's not the time to fuckin' get sick and waste my holidays sitting around home feeling miserable! :laugh:

I fucked paid the price for last night this morning. Holy shit. Four hours of sleep. Ugh.

My computer failed about five minutes before YLB's rant.

I was wondering what had happened to you.

And four hours of sleep is harsh. That's what I'm running on right now too.

Sorry I haven't been here much tonight, guys. Internet's been awful, only now really that it's remotely working. Plus I went out for tea.

I just hope you're not planning to catch up on everything, given the way this place has been chugging along today. :wink:

:lol: Nah, probably not. Read Peterrrrrrrrrrrr's two threads and the Coldplay one. That's enough for me.

Oh, I see that Bono and Edge sang happy birthday for Mandela, too - and folks along the lines of Rob are all 'gee whiz but man is Bono really singing the best he ever has :) :)' but I don't care.

You actually suffered all through the Coldplay thread? I certainly couldn't be bothered. I've just caught what's happening while I've been up. Reading back just seems like too much of a pain.

And yeah, I can't say I exactly care about Bono and Edge performing Happy Birthday. Woopdeedoo. They probably sung it for Bono's daughter or someone a month ago too. So what. If they'd played a proper song, then I might care.

You actually suffered all through the Coldplay thread? I certainly couldn't be bothered. I've just caught what's happening while I've been up. Reading back just seems like too much of a pain.

And yeah, I can't say I exactly care about Bono and Edge performing Happy Birthday. Woopdeedoo. They probably sung it for Bono's daughter or someone a month ago too. So what. If they'd played a proper song, then I might care.

Oh yeah, and there was MUCH suffering. Like every post by Lazarus, for example. He just keeps on acting like his opinion's totally super right and argues about it for ages and then says "This is juvenile. I'm going to stop right now.", maybe some name calling, and even when he says he stops he just goes back to it and the only way he'll get out of it is always something along the lines of "well I'm sorry to leave you fools, but I've got a date at an underground nightclub in Manhattan and the DJ tonight is Johnny Marr/Bernard Summer/Richard Ashcroft's session musician cousin so you can compare your lives to mine and kill yourselves."

But Rob's stuff is always value for money, frustrating as it is.

Oh yeah, and there was MUCH suffering. Like every post by Lazarus, for example. He just keeps on acting like his opinion's totally super right and argues about it for ages and then says "This is juvenile. I'm going to stop right now.", maybe some name calling, and even when he says he stops he just goes back to it and the only way he'll get out of it is always something along the lines of "well I'm sorry to leave you fools, but I've got a date at an underground nightclub in Manhattan and the DJ tonight is Johnny Marr/Bernard Summer/Richard Ashcroft's session musician cousin so you can compare your lives to mine and kill yourselves."

But Rob's stuff is also value for money, frustrating as it is.

What really pissed me off about laz's posts is that normally he's one of this site's more coherent and intelligent posters. I suppose everybody has to have an off day/off thread though. Couldn't believe how much he relied on "HAY GUYZ SEE THIS REVUE".

GibsonGirl's fucking owned the Coldplay threads, though. I really wish she posted in here.

*just came back from watching Indiana Jones*

Wow. Glad I didn't have to pay for it. :|

Hey Bonnie! :wave:

It's that bad?

Can't say any of the franchise holds an interest for me, though. I'm sure I'll end up watching it one day, it seems inevitable, but that could be in 25 years. :wink:

It's fairly ludicrous in many places... :huh: Not bad if you're not paying and you bag the shit out of it all the way through... :wink:

I'm not too bad, Bonnie... how's you?

Thinking of getting to bed, actually... although I didn't wake up till midday. Hibernation FTW!

What really pissed me off about laz's posts is that normally he's one of this site's more coherent and intelligent posters. I suppose everybody has to have an off day/off thread though. Couldn't believe how much he relied on "HAY GUYZ SEE THIS REVUE".

GibsonGirl's fucking owned the Coldplay threads, though. I really wish she posted in here.

I really only see Laz's posts in B&C and I find that our tastes are pretty different and he tends to be like "you MUST like this instead of this blah blah blah" too often, to the extent that any competent spelling and composition and ocassionally thoughts in his other posts just lose me. I think it was he that said something like "you're retarded if you think Joy Division are better than New Order". Maybe not the exact words, but he went with this for like a whole thread. I guess you and I show our opinions similarly sometimes but we do it with a smirk and a wink, notso Laz though. He takes things to the bone and marrow.

GibsonGirl is awesome. What keeps her away from the superthread?

Thinking of getting to bed, actually... although I didn't wake up till midday. Hibernation FTW!

Bah, I'm jealous. I went to sleep at 5am and woke at 9am. It was too bloody light for my body to go back to sleep, so that was that for me.

It's fairly ludicrous in many places... :huh: Not bad if you're not paying and you bag the shit out of it all the way through... :wink:

I'm not too bad, Bonnie... how's you?

I'm good thanks, plane trip wasn't bad at all, and I had a pretty nice tomato and bocconcini pizza tonight. :drool:

I would have slept in til midday if it weren't for the flight, I think I had a few too many beers for the last night in Melbourne!

I really only see Laz's posts in B&C and I find that our tastes are pretty different and he tends to be like "you MUST like this instead of this blah blah blah" too often, to the extent that any competent spelling and composition and ocassionally thoughts in his other posts just lose me. I think it was he that said something like "you're retarded if you think Joy Division are better than New Order". Maybe not the exact words, but he went with this for like a whole thread. I guess you and I show our opinions similarly sometimes but we do it with a smirk and a wink, notso Laz though. He takes things to the bone and marrow.

GibsonGirl is awesome. What keeps her away from the superthread?

Ah, yeah, I tend to outright ignore most of the threads he'd post in on B&C, so I don't get confronted by his attitude in that sense much. I'm mainly accustomed to seeing him post on EYKIW/WTAHNN, where he owns the over-eager and ridiculous fans with coherent argumentation.

But yes, I remember that JD/NO comment, I think I was involved in that thread. Personally, I can't fathom why anybody would think New Order were even a tenth as good as Joy Division, but each to their own. I prefer the dark post-punk stylings of Joy Division to the direction New Order went post-Movement. Dreams Never End is a fucking great song, though.

As for GG, whatever it is that keeps her from the Superthreads, we need to get rid of it because she needs to be here.

I'm good thanks, plane trip wasn't bad at all, and I had a pretty nice tomato and bocconcini pizza tonight. :drool:

I would have slept in til midday if it weren't for the flight, I think I had a few too many beers for the last night in Melbourne!

Ah right, I couldn't remember if you were going back today or yesterday... who were you flying with, just out of curiosity?

Is bocconcini those little round cheeses?

I've been on such a cheese bender lately... :drool:

So we were both drinking. 5 glasses of sauvignon blanc/semillion and 2-2.5 glasses of tawny port at this end. In the space of two hours.

Yet I was still perfectly coherent (seriously, go back and read my posts!) and thought logically and rationally. Khan made a remark about how I necessitate a new category of drunk. There are sad drunks, happy drunks, angry drunks ... and me, the nerdy and smart drunk.

OK, Bonnie, you're into interesting stuff, so you may appreciate this. Ever listened to the band Tinariwen? I have been completely hooked on their music for the last couple of days. I've seen it described as "desert blues" - basically, a bunch of folk from the middle of the fucking Sahara, a couple of whom happen to have electric guitars, making fucking amazing music. Lyrics are in the Tuareg and French languages. Apparently some of them were actually rebels at one point and one of the singers/guitarists was known to go into battle with a gun in one hand and his guitar strapped over his back. Their music got banned by the Malian and Algerian authorities due to its political themes.

OK, Bonnie, you're into interesting stuff, so you may appreciate this. Ever listened to the band Tinariwen? I have been completely hooked on their music for the last couple of days. I've seen it described as "desert blues" - basically, a bunch of folk from the middle of the fucking Sahara, a couple of whom happen to have electric guitars, making fucking amazing music. Lyrics are in the Tuareg and French languages. Apparently some of them were actually rebels at one point and one of the singers/guitarists was known to go into battle with a gun in one hand and his guitar strapped over his back. Their music got banned by the Malian and Algerian authorities due to its political themes.

Oh yes, I've heard of them. Never listened to the music, I'm afraid to say, though!

Please feel free to bring some cheese around to my place at any moment. Hint hint. :wink:

Well, we pretty much finished off the brie tonight, although there's still a block of cracker barrel in the fridge... and I'm not sure if I'm ready to share my nostalgia-cheese yet. :wink:

Dude, we've got some proper Bono-style howling winds going on over here... :yikes:

Oh yes, I've heard of them. Never listened to the music, I'm afraid to say, though!

The whole communal nature of African music really comes through. It's amazingly catchy and very involving. The multiple vocals on the choruses. The handclaps carrying the beat. The way they play the guitar. It's incredible.

Ah right, I couldn't remember if you were going back today or yesterday... who were you flying with, just out of curiosity?

Is bocconcini those little round cheeses?

I've been on such a cheese bender lately... :drool:

Qantas, with my parents. I went with Virgin on the way over, with my brother. I usually prefer Virgin.

Yeah bocconcini is like young, rubbery mozzarella or something, probably not mozzarella but something like that, just put little balls of it on pizza, seasoned just right... delicious!

Cheese. :drool:

Qantas, with my parents. I went with Virgin on the way over, with my brother. I usually prefer Virgin.

Yeah bocconcini is like young, rubbery mozzarella or something, probably not mozzarella but something like that, just put little balls of it on pizza, seasoned just right... delicious!

Cheese. :drool:

:drool: Sounds nice!

The last time I flew Qantas I was 3 years old, so I don't remember it... except for the flight attendant giving me a colouring book. :lol:
I had no problem with Virgin though, when I flew between Canberra and Melbourne. Although the crew was almost disturbingly smiley and perky and chipper. :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom