CR SURVIVOR: News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
The game is postponed.

It's turning into insults and shouting and accusations and personal attacks, so I'm ending it, at least for the time being.

Congrats, and thanks for ruining the game, folks.

:tsk:

Dave don't end it. I think there are some people who take the game way too seriously. Maybe they should take a break from the game and not ruin it for the rest of us.

Dave, ignore the bickering people. Most of the rest of us were behaving ourselves. Please dont reward a few peoples inappropriate behavour by ruining it for the majority.

If you would like me to run one round to see if they have calmed down now, just holler.

I think there are some people who take the game way too seriously. Maybe they should take a break from the game and not ruin it for the rest of us.

hey...that's an idea. why don't they?

i don't know how much of this is pinned on me, but i don't like it when people say that i only listen to some band because i don't like hippies or because u2 like them. online or offline. it's one thing to state an opinion, it's another to tell someone that their opinion is wrong.

i know i'd make it onto your banned list if you could keep certain people out of this game, but come on...have a sense of humor, people.

Maybe we need a big disclaimer at the top of the page to state that its all opinions, solely opinions and it is only music - not a life and death situation.

Not only do opinions vary from individual to individual they vary from country to country. Bands that are popular in the USA may not be elsewhere and vise versa. (And all the 'elsewheres' may well have wildly different tastes too).

It doesnt matter if someone doesnt agree with your opinion. Stake your claim and get out. No slandering. :up:

If people really wanting to push their barrow, Amnesty are always looking for passionate letter writers to communicate with despot dictators. Look em up in the book. :up:

Given all the bickering over these polls, Im curious as to what happens at Interference when something more important musically happens eg a new U2 album arrives? Should I unsubscribe and go looking for a bomb shelter now?

Well I recall some comments when The Best of 90-00 came out...

"what a clusterfuck this is shaping up to be" - Re the Mysterious Ways edit
"where the fuck were their minds when they left off Lemon???"
"What the hell are they smoking"

and so on.

Don't unsubscribe, just buy a good flak jacket and maybe a pith helmet to go along with it.

Don't unsubscribe, just buy a good flak jacket and maybe a pith helmet to go along with it.

WWI german-style* with the spikey things...makes headbutting twice the fun!

*i'm not entirely sure whether it was the germans...come to think of it, i can't really remember what war it was either.

Can we still keep going and ignore the bickering, pretty please. Either that or we send the bickering ones off to a war zone so they can get a sense of reality.

We have a comedian here who dressed up like one of those poncy blokes on facial moisturiser adverts, had a bimbo sidekick and went on and on about "Are you worried about fine lines? Crows feet? Skin dryness? Lack of luster............. Well then, go and visit the burns unit and get some perspective". :lmao:

I would like the games to continue. Its quite interesting watching the results. I havent agreed with one champion yet!

We could run it as a poll so not everybody feels obliged to say why they made their choice?

oh wow, i have always wondered how you spell that.

So should we start our own poll? 70s music

ABBA
Kraftwerk
KISS
Blondie
errrmmm. The Clash
The Sex Pistols
Earth Wind and Fire
Barry White

hmm

Nick Drake
T.Rex
Big Star
Kraftwerk
The Clash
The Sex Pistols
Stiff Little Fingers
Nick Lowe
Elvis Costello
The Jam

could probably think of more if I could be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom