Counting Crows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Has any band in the entire history of music ever fallen farther from making good music? Ever?

Auguts and Everything After - great album that is built on the wisdom that "D-minor is the saddest of all chords...."

Recovering the Satelites - decent album. pretty good as far as second albums go....

Everything after that - too bad they didn't break up.

can you remind my woeful memory on the singles that were being released during this? i quite like them, but only went so far as to get that movie soundtrack best of thing they released. something about ghosts. it wasn't too bad at all, i thought, but i've never really paid much attention to their career.

I think Hard Candy is nearly as good as August..., but I don't care too much for the inbetween albums. How Holiday in Spain made it onto the best of but Daylight Fading, Butterfly in Reverse, and Richard Manuel is Dead did not make it I'll never know.

i hated them until i saw them live about 5 years ago. :shrug: i like this desert life, but not much more.

August and Satellites are great, but ever since they started (poorly) covering Joni Mitchell and making songs for Shrek, their music has sucked.

I'm gonna have to agree completely, Dalton. 'August and Everything After' is a masterpiece. 'Recovering the Satellites' is a decent enough follow-up with a couple of really nice songs. And :down: to pretty much everything after that.

Back
Top Bottom