Countdown to Australia's Ashes Loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going by the headlines that I saw on Channel 7, the English media think they've already won the ashes...if that was to go through the playing team, I think Australia has already won :)

Should be a good series....hopefully.

bono_man2002 said:
:lol:
I couldnt believe this while watching.

I know, I know...

Did you see Ponting after the match confronted about Symonds?

"When did you become aware about the situation regarding Andrew?"
*10 second pause*
"Uh... about 10 minutes before I tossed"
*Eyes glare at him knowing he is a rotten liar*

:lmao:

This is great fun, hopefully today is another great game & another loss :D

Now they are talking about sending Symonds home? What did he do?

Should be an interesting match tonight.

bono_man2002 said:

He 'Broke Team Rules'.......could be a number of things.

I just heard drinking & staying out the night before a game. I don't see how in the Australian team this would be a problem. Maybe he refused to go out and drink the night before a game - thus breaching team rules.

timothius said:

I just heard drinking & staying out the night before a game. I don't see how in the Australian team this would be a problem. Maybe he refused to go out and drink the night before a game - thus breaching team rules.

:lol: Maybe.

I couldn't belive they lost to Bangladesh...249 isn't all that bad...did Bangladesh lose a wicket?

Should be a great tour though. It seems Martyn hasn't lost his form...77 i think. 29th ODI 5O. He doesn't get enough credit.

Humiliating. This is one of THE sports stories of the year.

I think England will cause serious problems..... especially if Flintoff and Harmison are on top of their game.

Lets keep this thread alive thru the summer...

Our confidence is down, We might not do well in the One days after Loosing again yesterday....If we dont beat Bangladesh on saturday...we're in MORE real trouble.

Im sure the Aussies will pick up real soon. I won't surprised if they destroy Bangladesh.

But Kevin Peitersen continues to dazzle in the shorter version of the game. Great stuff.....

Love the Aussies songs they have chosen when they walk on the field , or hit a 4 or 6.

Gilly just hit one and over the PA.........EL-E-VA-SSSHOOON!

0/22...its a good start! :)

bono_man2002 said:

Gilly just hit one and over the PA.........EL-E-VA-SSSHOOON!

They won... so now I don't want to talk about cricket :madspit:

When the kiwi's came out last tour Brendon McCullum had Beautiful Day as his music, Jacob Oram had Vertigo, and the tour before that James Franklin had Elevation. :hyper:

NZ = Best Taste In Music :hyper:

I also remember Warne had Yellow by Coldplay in 2001-2. This was a major stumbling block in me liking the band. :reject: I'm serious....

I want to talk about cricket. :laugh:

What a great win. England at one stage were what? 3 for 9 runs and 8 overs :lol:

Excellent win. Bring on the weekend.

The funny thing about the win was that it was the two players who were out in the first two games that won it for us - Symonds made 73 and Lee took 2/27 off 10. Which prompts me to ask the question -

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ENGLAND?

Here is a side who absolutely smacked Bangladesh and recorded the second highest one day score in history and they lose to a second-rate side like Australia [:wink:]. What the hell.

SO I hear most aussies don't like Shane Warne now, with all his antics. So can somebody update me on the tri-series and the results, just can't be bothered looking up the results, and also what is happening in the Ashes Series? We don't get coverage here in NZ except Sky TV which I don't have.

D'oh! Do you support India? I'm guessing you do. How are they doing at the moment. I haven't heard much lately on the team. Is John Wright still the coach?

U2NZ said:
SO I hear most aussies don't like Shane Warne now, with all his antics. So can somebody update me on the tri-series and the results, just can't be bothered looking up the results, and also what is happening in the Ashes Series? We don't get coverage here in NZ except Sky TV which I don't have.

D'oh! Do you support India? I'm guessing you do. How are they doing at the moment. I haven't heard much lately on the team. Is John Wright still the coach?

I am a very close follower of the game. India haven;t played for a while, but the last result was a humiliating 2-4 loss to Pakistan in an ODI series at home.

John Wright is no longer coach, last month he was replaced by Greg Chappell.

Sachin Tendulkar recently injured himself, he is now out for atleast 4months (season starts in August).
It is quite exasperating supporting this time, when they play their best, they can beat the aussies down under, at there worst, the lose to Bangladesh. Inconsistency is a chronic problem....

Back
Top Bottom