Corny Point, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Serena. :wave:

Wow, loads happened in the last half hour or so here ...

Now I must vanish to uni, though. I'll be back in a couple of hours. :wave:

Awesome, thanks. Anything in particular that stood out to you?

honestly, that last song was quite excellent. There wasn't a lot that stood out, it was quite ambient, which, was your goal sorta right?

honestly, that last song was quite excellent. There wasn't a lot that stood out, it was quite ambient, which, was your goal sorta right?

Glad you liked the last track, as it was the whole impetus for the list. Yeah, I wanted it to be something ambient and atmospheric and soundscapy to go with the last track, and although it wasn't my initial intention, very early on in the picture it became the sort of list I can study and write to. I have a hard time finding good music for that, but when I do, it always makes the writing process much easier.

The thing about the list that i can't decide if I liked or didn't like was that a LOT of it sounded like EITS

The thing about the list that i can't decide if I liked or didn't like was that a LOT of it sounded like EITS

That's post-rock for you. The going joke is that if it doesn't sound like EITS or GY!BE, it's not post-rock.

In much the same way that the more something sounds like Images & Words, the more progressive it is.

That's post-rock for you. The going joke is that if it doesn't sound like EITS or GY!BE, it's not post-rock.

In much the same way that the more something sounds like Images & Words, the more progressive it is.

So are you telling me that progressive rock should sound very similar to albeit different than, 80s hair metal? :wink:

So are you telling me that progressive rock should sound very similar to albeit different than, 80s hair metal? :wink:

:lol:

God, prog rock really is stale sometimes, with bands trying and failing to recreate I&W.

I just...the very first impression I had of DT was Another Day, and it reminds me SOOO much of Dreams by Van Halen

Heh, I've always considered Another Day to be one of the two weakest I&W tracks.

Liam, I'm surprised you haven't gotten all defensive here about DT/prog.

They don't have it...bastards...well that just means I won't be renewing my account any time soon :madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom