Coolest Person of 2001?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hermes

Acrobat
With all the year end list and crap, I thought I would add to the array of useless polls.

Who was the "coolest" person of 2001?

It means the whole package. She/He has to have a real style and sense of self. Has to act and look "cool" whatever your definition of that may be. Also the person has to have done something noteworthy and "cool" this year.

So who is your choice?

------------------
Steve
SAME OLD STORY- Hardcore American Comedy

2001 was not a good year for cool people. I honestly haven't a clue. Racking my brain.

Bono isn't 'cool' exactly. That's the whole point of him. Though one admires him enormously.

People who think they're cool. Now that's another story entirely. Somebody shoot the staff of NME. Make that the British music press en masse.

I think that Bono is cool. It was very cool of him to get all the young artists together for Artists Against Aids, and it is cool of him to use his Celebrity for the Drop the Debt program. He is also, without a doubt, the coolest singer, and mover when he is on stage!!!

Bono is not just the European of the Year, He should be the person of the year!!

11a.jpg

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-28-2001).]

Dale Lewis? Nah i actually think it was this guy...

gah, should be a pic here

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 12-29-2001).]

The coolest person of 2001 is Hermes for starting this delicious thread. It's a knockout punch in the dying moments of the year (and this forum, which is pretty dead itself at present).

Yea, this year really did suck for cool people. Hmmm...*scratches head with quizzical look on face*. Let's throw out Tony Blair. That's for backing up the US on its campaign to stamp out terrorism.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Bono for all his work on the drop the debt campaign and his continued effort to make this world a better and less violent place. Also on a personal note for having saved may life a number of times over the past year and a bit through his lyrics and giving me a sense of purpose and helping me find myself.

Angela Harlem you have heard of Darren Hayes
smile.gif
cool. Not many ppl know who he is.

Goran Ivanisevic - this years Wimbeldon winner - a little bit nuts, but totaly cool

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
11a.jpg

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-28-2001).]
!!!! WHO is this cutie pie?

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

Did you know that Hugh Jackman claims to have slept with over 10,000 women???

Okay, if that's true he would be constantly "sleeping"! The man isn't THAT old!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

the Jackman thing was a joke, he likes to kid around and said it as a joke to a reporter and it got out of hand.

The Kleiber. He asked a girl to play "Tekken" on PlayStation with him. He just wanted to...
I think, this is cool.

------------------
beLIEve

Back
Top Bottom