Cool bosses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My boss is pretty darn cool. I've never had to ask for a raise; he's always just given it to me (on 3 different occasions over the last 2 years). He gives great bonuses, great holiday pay, and throws an awesome Christmas party every year, even though he doesn't celebrate Christmas.

We're pretty much free to make our own schedules (within reason). He just said to me the other day "I trust you," which may seem trivial, but meant alot to me.

I babysit and work with his kids too, and they're awesome too (and cute). :)

I'm lucky....my boss is great, in myriad ways....he gives me a lot of autonomy, which I like and take full advantage of. I'm a boss, too, and I hope I'm 1/2 as cool as he is.

180pxstevecarellofficewx4.jpg

Ain't no party like a Scranton party, 'cause the Scranton party don't stop!

My boss is pretty chill. He takes his job seriously, and not just the tasks he does everyday, but the fact that he's a supervisor/team leader. He's really better at leading people than he is knowledgeable about the IT stuff we support.

When I was a student worker, he never gave me trouble for taking a week off for a family vacation. In fact, he often encouraged it and would tell me he'd rather be without me for a week than have me snap or burn out. He hired me even though I had zero experience in the field (hey I was like 17 and applied for every open part time position on campus). A year after I started, he fought to get me a raise of $3 an hour ($3 plus what I was already making). Now as a student worker, you're LAST on the totem pole, you start at $5.50/hr and get a $0.25 raise each semester if you pass review, so that was HUGE for me.

In September, he re-hired me as full time staff, even though my degree is totally unrelated.

But even as a student, he gave me the same responsibilities as the other staff and let me train the new students.

My job is really independent, so I love not having to make a quota or have someone hanging over your shoulder. We do weekly reviews based on the surveys our users can fill out, but there's no requirements or punishments.

Now, you do not punish someone, Dutch or otherwise, for having big boobs.

I'm jealous! I want to work for one of your cool bosses! I wanna sit around the office and post on the blue crack all day! :scream:

At least my current boss and I both listen to The Boss. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom