Conjure One - Extraordinary Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleazer

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I bought this new album last week, and I have absolutely fallen in love with it over the past 4-5 days. It didn't take long at all.

Are there many Delerium/Conjure One fans here? There should be!

On the new album, Pilgrimage was the first song to strike me as a work of pure brilliance, but after a listen or two, I love just about all of them. Endless Dream is a great way to start the album.

front. line. assembly. :drool:

i haven't been a fan of the side projects as much as i have of the original collaboration. in fact, i've pretty much stopped following them as, in my mind, they've never matched what i loved about frontline. that said, delerium's 'semantic spaces' is an excellent cd, and i believe bill leeb and rhys fulber are (or should be) legendary among their peers.

i'll definitely check it out for the rhys fulber connection alone. :up:

Haven't heard any Conjure One but I know the name because Rhys Fulber has produced the last two albums of my favorite metal band Paradise Lost. Plus, from what I've heard Nick Holmes the lead singer of Paradise is involved in Conjure One. I should check it out.

ok, so i had a listen to this and it's very new-style delerium, which is not really my thing. their (his? delerium and conjure one are really just rhys + guests) older cd's had a darker flavour to them, which i much prefer over their later adult contemporary style. be that as it may, pilgrimage is quite a pleasant track. :up:

i can't be the only one around here who had an electro-industrial/ebm fetish in the '90's?

skinny puppy
frontline assembly
front 242
imminent starvation
wumpscut
cubanate
nitzer ebb
funker vogt
suicide commando
vnv nation

those were some dark, goth-tastic days... :drool:

if HG and mofo were still around, i'm sure they'd put a plug in for vnv. :(