Congratulation!!! Your Email Address Has Won A Lottery Read Below:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Why the hell would I even bother with an email subject line like that? What is the idiot spammer's objective here? :banghead:

I've gotten a lot of those lately, but I've been baffled by how many of those scam emails I've been getting ... you know the ones:

"Greetings! I am Lord So and So of Blah Blah Blah country. I have $2,234,364,752 pounds that I cannot access and I need your help to free the rebel fighters and give me your bank account and I'll wire you a gajillion dollars immediately!"

Did I somehow give my email address to a website that identifies me as a complete rube, or what?

corianderstem said:
I've gotten a lot of those lately, but I've been baffled by how many of those scam emails I've been getting ... you know the ones:

"Greetings! I am Lord So and So of Blah Blah Blah country. I have $2,234,364,752 pounds that I cannot access and I need your help to free the rebel fighters and give me your bank account and I'll wire you a gajillion dollars immediately!"

OMG yes! :crazy: I mean WTF are they trying to sell with these lottery spam emails??? :mad: Anybody with half a brain can clearly tell by the totally retarded subject lines that they are fake! Arrrghhh!

I've gotten a lot of those lately :angry:

"I'm Prince Babushkimama here to tell you that you've won the online lottery! To claim it, enter your name and address here and you'll recieve 2 bajilliongazillion dollars!" :happy:

I mean what kind of lowlife would one have to be to constantly fill up people's inboxes with messages that don't make any sense???

These people should be found out and punished! What's a good punishment? Electric Chair? :hmm:

194065008_7cfd735b6c.jpg

When the deposed son of the king of Nigeria asks for you to send him money, you don't ask questions. I mean, his father ran the freakin' country!

Electric chair would be far too kind.....I am sooooo over it!!! Every day when I log into my email I have at least 20 of stupid spam emails....every single freakin' day! :madspit:

I constantly get those UK lottery things in my gmail account. I have no idea how - I never registered that e-mail anywhere. Most of them go to trash, but every once in a while one escapes and makes it into my Inbox.

Yeah, where are those list makers........and I don't recall ticking any boxes anywhere that allowed my email address to be used by someone else!!!! :madspit:

Yup...I get those daily. They suck. It just makes it more difficult to sort through the good mail. :angry:

They end up in my junk mail, but it still bugs me as I'm too pedantic and check to make sure nothing went in there by mistake......I'm starting to really hate Nigeria.......

Here's one I got the other day :rolleyes:
Dear Friend,

I am Mr. Garba Shehu,the senior special assistant to the former vice
president of Nigeria,Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and also the co-ordinator/Media
Campaign Organisation in his 2007 election.my boss has mandated me to look
for a partner in your country that will assist him in safeguarding the sum
of Fifteen Million U.S Dollars (US$15,000,000.00),being part of the money
earmarked for his April 2007 presidential campaign/election which he lost
out in the excise.
The funds was deposited with a security company in oversea by me on his
behalf,Meanwhile he intends to invest the money into real estate and
Stocks in your country.

You will be expected to keep 10% of the total amount as your own share for
assisting us to safeguard the money.Please note that this transaction is
legitimate,risk free and confidential and must not be disclosed to any
third party.

I will be grateful if you could disclose your private telephone numbers in
your reply for easy communication. I shall details you more towards the
futher steps as soon as I hear from you.

Finally, if this proposal is acceptable to you, please contact me
immediately via my private e-mail address(shehugarba@mail.md) bellow and I
will be grateful if you could disclose your private telephone numbers in
your reply for easy communication.

Looking forward for urgent response.

Kind Regards,

Garba Shehu.

My father had a lot of fun with one of those Nigerian scammers. The guy had included his phone number in the e-mail. It was the scammer's home telephone number too. My father checked it out first, making sure that it was indeed someone trying to transfer billions into his bank account and not some poor soul whose number had been nicked from the phone book. Once he was sure, he called the guy's house at 4:00AM Nigerian time for about a week, swearing at the top of his lungs the moment his call was answered. It didn't cost us hardly anything, because we get call cards to phone family members back home in South Africa.

He still calls up his "Nigerian friend" every now and then, just to keep him on his toes.

Just make sure to never give any of your real information. Get a gmail address, they don't give out your IP address. Fake name, fake address, if they ask for your phone number make up an excuse - I'm deaf, my phone is broke - or go to a anonymous web voicemail like K7 http://www.k7.net/about.htm

The 419eater site I posted earlier has a lot of good tips.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

I've been assisting the rebel fighters with regular deductions from my pay-cheque :(

The sad thing is, these people can ruin the reputations of those trying to make a real difference. If you fall for one of the scams, and get burned, you might be less inclined to support something truly legitimate.

This is one I received the other day...the scary part is how it references an actual news event :huh:

GREETINGS MY BELOVED,

Getting your contact was not an easy task because since I am not computer literate, I ordered an expert to seek a fellow very far away and he went to the institute of International Business to apply and he paid them the charges.

I am Lady Toreth, married to Sir Richard Hughes an Englishman who is dead; he died in a train bomb blast in Spain when he was going for his medical check up in 2004.Please copy and paste this Internet link for more information on the incident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4340881.stm

Our life together as man and wife lasted for three decades without child. My husband and I made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged. I can adduce this to the fact that he needed a Child from this relationship, which never came.

When my late husband was alive, he made a safe deposit of a certain sum which I will disclose to you on my plan on what I will want you to do. This fund was derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market) with his bank in Europe.

Recently, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems I am suffering from. I have decided to donate this fund to you and want you to use this gift which comes from my husbands’ effort to fund the upkeep of widows, widowers, orphans, destitute, and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped financially.

Being aware of the bourgeois religion of my relatives and the misused of his previous investment and ventures. I have decided to put smile on the face of the less privileged.
Reach me with my private email: hughtoreth@yahoo.com.hk

Sincerely Yours,

Toreth Hughes

GibsonGirl said:
He still calls up his "Nigerian friend" every now and then, just to keep him on his toes.

:lol: Good for him! He had the guts to make that guy accountable :up:

Before that Nigerian scam was all over the place, I was at my grandma's reading a Reader's Digest article about a man who tried to help the e-mail writer out...I feel like it went so far that the scammed ended up IN Nigeria, meeting the scammer and that he was left there after the money was taken with no way back or something like that...seriously though, it was unreal.

Back
Top Bottom