Congrats to Aardvark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry if I misunderstood.

I just think these types of threads are not in the spirit of ONE or U2.

But then maybe I misunderstood the tone of the whole thread?...maybe I should just stay out of it...

cheers

Last edited:
Just to let a few of u know - I didn't ASK for this thread, nor did I specify for it to be voted 5 stars by anyone. I certainly didn't vote it myself.
And to the same ppl - i'm not some sort of layabout as u may think a great deal of us in the UK are! I have my own business, which I am here from 9-5 each day. and when I am not serving ppl, I like to chat to ppl I have met on here.

If that means end up posting 20 times a day, or 200 times a day - so fuckin be it! It makes no difference to me. And if I wanna play the name game 50 times a day, I bloody well will - THAT is what it is there for.

We are all on here for the same reason, true some of us are here more than others, but if anyone is thinking 'bad' of me, just for the amount of posts I have made in the time i've been here - then that's pretty crap.

End of rant

(btw - I don't work on sundays and I don't have a PC at home. So if u see me on here on ANY sunday, you have my permission to do THIS to me.....)

sterb113.gif

:wink:

Btw - this thread can be closed now, since the topic is 2 days old. Tho thanks to all the ppl for MY thanks!:wink:

...tho maybe the thread should remain open for when I get to 20,000........next week!:wink:

JOKE!!!!

the soul waits said:
What a bummer, Aardvark, what's up with some of the nasty comments you got on here, djeez people :madspit:

Not really *nasty* - but obvious that some ppl don't like the idea of someone posting all day long in this forum. Well get over it, it happens. And as long as I continue to have a job from 9-5 with a PC in front of me - ur stuck with me!!!:madspit:

:wink:

JessicaAnn said:
How did you manage to make 10,000 posts in less than a year? :ohmy:

One tactic is spamming the "Now Listening" thread in Bang and Clatter. That used to be my favorite thread. I'd read every page to learn about new artists and cool songs. I don't even bother with it anymore. :( Who wants to read 50, 100, 200 posts out of 500 by the same one or two people?

:down:

HeartlandGirl said:

One tactic is spamming the "Now Listening" thread in Bang and Clatter. That used to be my favorite thread. I'd read every page to learn about new artists and cool songs. I don't even bother with it anymore. :( Who wants to read 50, 100, 200 posts out of 500 by the same one or two people?

:down:

Yeah - it's such a 'tactic' isn't it?

:eyebrow:

Scene: A cafe. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings with horned
helmets on. A man and his wife enter.

Man (Eric Idle): You sit here, dear.
Wife (Graham Chapman in drag): All right.
Man (to Waitress): Morning!
Waitress (Terry Jones, in drag as a bit of a rat-bag): Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam;
egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage
and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam
bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings (starting to chant): Spam spam spam spam...
Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked
beans spam spam spam...
Vikings (singing): Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a
Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with
truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in
it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam (crescendo through next few lines)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)
Waitress: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon
spam and sausage without the spam.
Wife (shrieks): I don't like spam!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it.
I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam
spam and spam!
Vikings (singing): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and
the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings (singing elaborately): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful
spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam!
Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam
spam spam!

:wave:

WTF is going on now in this thread?I only started it off as a lighthearted,but heartfelt, congratulations to Aardvark and as per usual it has turned into a bitching session:( .Aardvark can post as often,and in as many forums,as he so wishes so what the fuck has it got to do with anyone else??????
Aardvark please do not feel you need to justify the reason for your post count....its got bugger all to do with them...the 'green eyed monster' can do terrible things to ppl:madspit: :mad: :madspit:

comment to mods...Hope you are as keen to e-mail other ppl as you are to email me 'politely reminding me' of my behaviour:rant:

I find it funny that people critique others' post counts and chat/game threads, yet when there was a poll a few months back for having a forum for such threads with the post counts disabled, people claim to not care about such things.

Anyway, aardvark congrats on the milestone.

myusernamehere said:
I find it funny that people critique others' post counts and chat/game threads, yet when there was a poll a few months back for having a forum for such threads with the post counts disabled, people claim to not care about such things.

Anyway, aardvark congrats on the milestone.

Good speech:wave:

What are you scared of Aardvark747? A bunch of fat lazy ignorant Americans? I mean this not to everyone just to those who are insulting Aardvark747. I like most of you on this forum but I hate the ones who bash threads. If you got a problem with this thread then you gotta problem with me. If you want to bully someone or or provoke them, then get up off your lazy arse and go pick on someone instead of hiding behind a computer eating your McDonalds and passing rude comments.

Mullen4Prez said:
What are you scared of Aardvark747? A bunch of fat lazy ignorant Americans? I mean this not to everyone just to those who are insulting Aardvark747. I like most of you on this forum but I hate the ones who bash threads. If you got a problem with this thread then you gotta problem with me. If you want to bully someone or or provoke them, then get up off your lazy arse and go pick on someone instead of hiding behind a computer eating your McDonalds and passing rude comments.

*waits for WW3 to errupt*

i'll get my tin hat.............................

Last edited:
Mullen4Prez said:

Easy there killer.

No point in getting too worked up.

my theory...most of the people who expressed disdain in this thread are bitter over other things about this site, and are taking it out here.

It's no secret to some that I have had a love/hate relationship with this site....but when you take a step back, in the grand scheme of things, this place is definately not worth being so emotional about.

Just do and post whatever you want; and as long as you aren't being an ass, who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom