Congrats, Bama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkey79

Acrobat
Nice *convincing* win this week AT a tough LSU. So, ya think Bama's the best team in the SEC right now? Probably so....

What a finish to the UGA/AU game, huh? Doesn't matter how you get to 10-1 as long as you get there.... same goes for Ohio State being undefeated.

Thank you, Monkey79. I must say that a 31-0 shutout was a surprise to me. I went and watched it with some Bama friends as my wife was on her way back from the Auburn/UGA game. Going into the game, LSU had the #1 defense in the nation and we had the #3 defense in the nation; what I am reading tonight is that we flip-flopped.

I refuse to be confident about facing Auburn this weekend; it is almost an inverse situation from last year; we have never scored on them on our own campus (but we have only played them there 3 times - it was in B'ham until 1998).

UGA and Auburn played a very exciting game; congrats to UGA (if that is who you were leaning towards). I am glad that UGA finally gets to go to the SEC Championship Game; it also makes it more intesteing that UGA will likely face a team they have not yet played (LSU or Arkansas), since Auburn only has a remote shot at getting back there.

Let me wait until next Saturday to tell you if I think we are the best in the SEC; I can say we are the best in the SEC West (we haven't played AU yet, though they have 3 conference losses and we are about even on margins over common opponents, except Arkansas who beat them). One thing that I hate for UGA is that Florida has one unofficial "claim" over them: Florida beat every team in the SEC East, including UGA; that is why I am apprehensive of saying we are the best in the SEC (or SEC West) until after next Saturday.

What could have been...if not for NCAA sanctions, we could be facing a re-match with UGA in the SEC Champ Game, and then possibly a re-match with Oklahoma in a BCS Bowl game...our 2 close losses. Oh well; at least we face them both next year.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom