Concerts at my school!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
I know some of you will appreciate at least 2 of these groups or singers.

I'm headed back to school here in a couple weeks, and I found out there is going to be a little music festival at the end of March. Here's the small lineup.

Friday, March 30
* Sufjan Stevens
* Anathallo

Saturday, March 31
* Neko Case
* Emmylou Harris

I really know Sufjan and Emmylou, but does anyone know of these others? Neko and Anathallo both have a few songs on their websites so I'm checking that out. But does anyone know of these guys?

Neko Case has an amazing voice. I'm not a huge fan, but she's definitely worth a listen.

Emmylou Harris!!! I'm so jealous.

I'd really like to hear Emmylou do something with Sufjan. She's collaborated with pretty much everyone else so far.

Got Philk? said:

Saturday, March 31
* Neko Case
* Emmylou Harris

I've never heard of her, but she very nearly has my name :hyper: A celebrity with my name (I'm Emma Harris.. weird!)

Re: Re: Concerts at my school!

partygirlvox said:

I've never heard of her, but she very nearly has my name :hyper: A celebrity with my name (I'm Emma Harris.. weird!)

NEVER HEARD OF EMMYLOU HARRIS!!?? :ohmy: :ohmy:

One of my all time favourite Country singers, she does a version of Jesse Winchester's Song Bird which is to die for. If you like old school country (not the new crap these days) check her out.

Emmylou Harris' voice ... :drool:

Check out one of her Daniel Lanois-produced albums, "Wrecking Ball" or "Red Dirt Girl." Both are amazing.

Re: Re: Re: Concerts at my school!

elevated_u2_fan said:

NEVER HEARD OF EMMYLOU HARRIS!!?? :ohmy: :ohmy:

One of my all time favourite Country singers, she does a version of Jesse Winchester's Song Bird which is to die for. If you like old school country (not the new crap these days) check her out.

No I hadn't :reject: I don't really listen to that sort of music, maybe I should start :hmm:

Don't worry, she's not twangy, annoying country. She's good country, with an amazing voice and great songwriting. (Wrecking Ball, which I recommended, is mostly covers of people like Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Neil Young, but there are a couple originals on it as well.)

I'm not sure what Larry did drums on, to be honest.

I find most country music annoying to be honest, except dolly parton (there's something about her you have to love!). Oh I think I've heard of that album, if Larry played drums on it?

Re: Re: Concerts at my school!

partygirlvox said:

OK if you weren't from the UK, I'd give you shit! :wink:

Emmylou is amazing. She is what country was and should have stayed. Not country-western, mind you. Proper folk country/bluegrass. I hate country, I don't even like Alison Krauss, and I love Emmylou. Emmylou is like Dolly Parton but without the boobs and the nast-factor :blech:

If anyone local wants a cheap ticket ($25 for all acts currently listed and yet to book), PM me.

Back
Top Bottom