Concert of the Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
I'm gonna try to put up a new concert each week, likely to be british in origin.

here's the first -
Suede played a string of shows in london in 2003, each one comprised of a complete performance of one of their albums.
On september 23, 2003, they presented their masterpiece, a landmark in modern rock - 'Dog Man Star'. it feels like a broadway musical, the tale of 2 lovers at war with their inner demons and the spectres of temptation. in the end, love wins (i reckon). it's a majestic ride, and performed flawlessly. Richard Oakes deftly inhabits the virtousic guitar style of Bernard Butler, and the addition of Neil Codling on keys allows the sound to fill out as it did on the record. Simon Gilbert and Matt Osman make up a rhythm section reminiscent of the smiths, creating an impressive foundation for the inventive guitar squalls and the Brett Anderson's over the top (just enough) vocal warblings. Brett's voice is a slight bit more ragged here (nearly 10 years of rocking and rolling after the original recording - cigarettes and life begin to show their handywork), and personally i love it.
anyway, it's a hell of a ride, and should be digested straight through, but if you feel the need to skip around, spend some time with epically romantic 'wild ones', the ziggy stardust-esque 'we are the pigs', and the haunting 'the asphalt world'. really no bad songs here. stay tuned for more live music.
help keep this circulating by reposting tunes as the links expire....
the link will download a word document with links to all the tunes.
enjoy, and peace to all....

http://s50.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=01GOIIL6V1WPJ150TTQDLV82UD

Awesome stuff. DMS is a fantastic album, one of the best of all time. I'm still pissed that I passed up the chance to see Suede the year before they broke up when they came down here, but in my defence I wasn't that familiar with their music at the time.

Back
Top Bottom