Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeVar Burton just twitted a few pics of him on set for an upcoming episode. Playing himself! This sounds wonderful.

It's On Demand right now too, finally got to watch it the other day, so brilliant!

"What are you doing here"

"We're learning how to teleport!"

According to the guide on my TV, they'll show that episode again on Christmas evening, so anyone who wants to see it again can do so then. Woo!

Also, mobvok, I love your avatar :D.

Angela

:heart: Thanks. I really like the idea of the gang peering in on whatever crap I'm posting. :) Five years of the stock Star/Zoo Baby/Trabant pic got a little old.

Here's some behind-the-scenes footage that for whatever reason, didn't make it on the Season 1 DVD:

YouTube - Hanging With the Community Cast: Table Read

Oldie but a goodie- Dan Harmon tells the cast about the S2 pick up:

YouTube - Community: Season 2 Pick Up

Alison Brie is Adorable, Take 300

YouTube - Hanging With the Community Cast: Downtime

Mini-ep #1 from the DVD:

YouTube - Community: Study Break Mini Episode #1

:heart: Thanks. I really like the idea of the gang peering in on whatever crap I'm posting. :) Five years of the stock Star/Zoo Baby/Trabant pic got a little old.

Haha, I like that line of thinking :D. Understandable.

*Looks over at the pic she's had since day one, wonders to self about changing...*

Awesome clips. I love the table read, so many quotable moments there and the chemistry's apparent even there. It's clear they really love working with each other.

And Troy and Abed getting all "tough" in the one clip: "I'M GONNA READ SOME BOOKS!" :lmao:. They are so fantastic together, seriously.

And them finding out they've been renewed :cute:. Dan's an evil little mind-messer, apparently :wink:.

Thanks for sharing all that stuff, very entertaining :up:.

Angela

okay i've seen like the first five or six eps, this show is good. glad i trusted GAF, Angela, et al. the most recent one i watched (Troy joining the football team) was probably the best yet.

"Wow, Yoko Ono much?"

=

Oh, it just keeps getting better. I haven't fallen in love with a comedy this hard since 30 Rock, and this is the sitcom with the most depth and character development since Scrubs.

okay i've seen like the first five or six eps, this show is good. glad i trusted GAF, Angela, et al. the most recent one i watched (Troy joining the football team) was probably the best yet.

"Wow, Yoko Ono much?"

=

The most quotable bit from that episode is the Troy/Jeff exchange on the field. But.

There's a special place in my heart for this:

Troy: Hip, hop, body don't stop. Riverside got the broom, don't need a mop. Put your team in the box, put a ribbon on top, we're not John Kerry 'cause we don't flip-flop.
Annie: Troy, why are you doing our politically conservative high school's shamefully outdated fight rap?
Troy: Bing, bong, sing along. Your team's Al Gore 'cause your views are wrong.

Donald Glover is amazing. It's not going to be long before he's a big star.

Some vague spoilers for those interested, mostly focusing on the general direction of the show over the next several episodes:

Looks like Dan Harmon & co. decided there will be a broad push towards introducing new characters/love interests. Based on upcoming reports, we'll have Shirley's punk ex, (I think) a new boy for Annie, and (this part confirmed) guest stars for Britta and Abed. There's also going to be some resolution about Chang and who gets to join the study group:

mcce3s.jpg

9gy99i.jpg

Rapproachement! And a good old fashioned entry competition! As far as subtext in the first image, I'm pretty sure there was some Annie/Banana hints laid back in the Halloween episode.

I claim no special powers here, but I've done a pretty good job anticipating some of the character shifts. After Anthropology 101 I was thinking by the end of the second season we might have Jeff tempted to return to the law practice, of course that happened next episode. And my impression of the bar episode in response to criticism that it wasn't exciting was that the show was burning off some of the existing character relationships in order to move forward. Between all the new characters and bringing the Chang issue to a head, I think Dan Harmon's got some brilliant stuff coming down the pipe for us. And Shirley's baby, which, holy crap, I still do not have a good feeling about. By February she'll be 4 months pregnant!

The most quotable bit from that episode is the Troy/Jeff exchange on the field.
You're saying I could be a lawyer.
I'm saying you could be a football player! It's in your blood!
That's racist.
It's in your soul?
That's racist.
It's in your eyes?
That's gay?
That's homophobic.
That's black.
That's racist!
... Damn.

the moment when Annie let her hair down when her and Jeff were studying for the people are good/evil debate, and then sort of leant over his shoulder with her chesticles in view of the camera, well. i'd like to see how Britta can top that.

this show is brilliant.

Best American comedy with 30 Rock.

Just thinking about some of the stuff on this show makes me smile. Like Chang's rap and "I am a man who cannot die!". Maybe that's true, but you're certainly a man who can be robbed at the Y.

You're saying I could be a lawyer.
I'm saying you could be a football player! It's in your blood!
That's racist.
It's in your soul?
That's racist.
It's in your eyes?
That's gay?
That's homophobic.
That's black.
That's racist!
... Damn.

:lol: :up: Loved that.

Gah. I'm totally in the mood to go watch these shows again now. Will do that over the next couple days.

I'm glad you went with our recommendation, cobl, and are liking the show.

mobvok, thanks for sharing that info with us. I'm curious about the baby thing, too, how the hell is that going to go, I wonder? Sounds like things could get very intriguing here, can't wait to see what comes of all that news.

Did anyone catch "The Soup" this past Friday? Yvette popped up for a brief moment-here's the bit with her:

YouTube - Yvette Nicole Brown on The Soup 01.07.2011

I love her ending comment about Donald :D. I'd actually watch that network! She seems like such a sweetheart, seriously.

Angela

She was in one of my favourite bits of The Office too, when Dwight gets a job at Staples.

"I don't like him, his big head, or his beady little eyes. And that's all I got to say on that matter."

You made me so happy I just peed a little.

Actually one tiny modest criticism I have for the show is that certain punchlines have been recycled- this line appears again in Season 2, for example. I can't remember any others at the moment....which probably means I should start watching the DVDs again!

I just got the first season of "The Office" for Christmas, will have to check that out, then :).

She was in one of my favourite bits of The Office too, when Dwight gets a job at Staples.

"I don't like him, his big head, or his beady little eyes. And that's all I got to say on that matter."

:lol:

I'd be inclined to agree with her. Dwight is creepy.

Yes. I wanted Joel's jacket and vest.

Also, I'm three episodes into the S1 commentaries, and I'm finding them hilarious and occasionally insightful.

Hehe. He does indeed dress quite sharp on that show...

There was a thread about that show that was going for a while. We need to bring it back up.

I like commentaries, too. Done right they can be very fun to watch, it's always neat to get a bit of perspective from the cast and everything. And it's fun if they start gently ragging on each other a bit, too :p.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom