Commonwealth Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fly so high! said:

i can't beleive you said that.......???the Commonwealth Games is a huge deal!!

If it were a big deal countrys like england and canada would be investing more money and time to do well in them. Face it they've basically been 2 weeks of australia dominating everything and its boring as shit. Even i like to see australia get beaten once in a while and i love it when they win but i could nearly go insane if i heard our national anthem one more time

DignityPassesBy said:
Even i like to see australia get beaten once in a while and i love it

You'd have to watch from another network to see that :)

Did anyone else find the commentary annyoing when they were talking over the closing ceremony?

That closing ceremony blew a new record. Hey Melbourne, how about not being so insular to include something other than the fucking AFL? It means most to Victoria, not even all of Australia, and pretty much fuck all to the rest of the Commonwealth countries. It was like some big wankfest for a city which is known for having identity issues and the need to constantly be on par with other famous cities in the world.

But then, these things are always the same. Sydney was, apparently.
:shrug:

bono_man2002 said:

Did anyone else find the commentary annyoing when they were talking over the closing ceremony?

I'm annoyed any time Ray Martin opens his noise hole. Doesn't matter what's happening in the background.

bono_man2002 said:

Channel 9 doesn't know any other countries exist. No wonder some people here think Australia won everything plus half of the next Games' events: because Channel 9 never showed anyone else doing well!

Most people don't even seem to be aware England got over thirty golds. I also believe India owned the shooting, but I'm not sure because it's so bloody impossible to find out anything about anyone else. Well, I suppose I could look on Google, but I'm making a point about how much Channel 9 sucks here.

by the end i swear to god i would have shot my self and anybody nearby! if i heard advance australia fair one more time, and i dident even have U2 to help me forget that song!!!!

Back
Top Bottom