Come By Chance, Newfoundland and Labrador, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the Winter term I have four 9 am starts, which probably means leaving the house at 7:20-7:30 because crappy canadian winter adds a good half hour to my already hour-long commute. :sigh:

:lol: It's like the Superthread backwards.

Ouch! What do you study? I've heard of some faculties outside of Arts having pretty crappy schedules here, but Arts is mostly a bludge. It helps that we even have lectureers who refuse to lecture before a certain hour.

Happen to have a UK railway company's most recent annual report handy? :wink:

No, but I have the report of the 1930 New Zealand Railways Royal Commission handy!

I'm not even kidding. It was a birthday present this year. I actually asked for it.

Ouch! What do you study? I've heard of some faculties outside of Arts having pretty crappy schedules here, but Arts is mostly a bludge. It helps that we even have lectureers who refuse to lecture before a certain hour.

I do Arts (don't ask me what exactly...I'm in my first year so I actually have no clue, but I'll most likely end up with English as my major if all goes well), actually. The four early starts a week are partially my fault for taking French, but I really want to learn a third language so... :shrug:

Ha! I saw "Newfoundland" listed, and I couldn't resist! Very impressed that Bono_212 included the "Labrador" component of the province...it's often overlooked!

I can confirm that Come By Chance is an actual place, and a pretty desolate one, at that. There's a giant oil refinery there, which looks like a giant spaceship at night.

It's also a town that's very proud of its giant water tower:

march28comebychancezu5.jpg

No, but I have the report of the 1930 New Zealand Railways Royal Commission handy!

I'm not even kidding. It was a birthday present this year. I actually asked for it.

A little out of date :wink:

I thought it'd be cool if I could do a record label then I could have...

"How to lose money in the digital age 101"

as my essay title :wink:

I can confirm that Come By Chance is an actual place, and a pretty desolate one, at that. There's a giant oil refinery there, which looks like a giant spaceship at night.

So desolate that you really do only come by chance, in more ways than one? :wink:

Oh wow...you never cease to impress... :p

Hey Anna! :wave:

A little out of date :wink:

I thought it'd be cool if I could do a record label then I could have...

"How to lose money in the digital age 101"

as my essay title :wink:

You could fudge it so that 1930 is actually ... uh ... 19/03, their report of the 19th of March this year.

Haha, that'd be awesome. But I imagine McGuinne$$ and his lot don't exactly publish their stuff for all to examine. :wink:

I do Arts (don't ask me what exactly...I'm in my first year so I actually have no clue, but I'll most likely end up with English as my major if all goes well), actually. The four early starts a week are partially my fault for taking French, but I really want to learn a third language so... :shrug:

Ahh, I think I have heard of people here having dodgy, unfortunate hours for languages within Arts. History and PolSci are such a bludge, it's ridiculous. I don't know how we get away with being the highest ranked university in the Southern Hemisphere, I truly don't.

Ahh, I think I have heard of people here having dodgy, unfortunate hours for languages within Arts. History and PolSci are such a bludge, it's ridiculous. I don't know how we get away with being the highest ranked university in the Southern Hemisphere, I truly don't.

Are you at RMIT?

I'm worried by what you said about somebody else leaving your work soon. Who will keep the threads alive in our morning?

If someone wants to get me some sort of iPhone or Blueberry or raspberry or whatever they are called, I suppose I could make some pretty crappy one liner posts to save us from the hurricanes!

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Emily Play! :dance:

Haha, that'd be awesome. But I imagine McGuinne$$ and his lot don't exactly publish their stuff for all to examine. :wink:

EMI did until last year when they were bought out

But I decided to go with HMV in the end; they're a "music" store so they're kinda the same :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom