College-People Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CampbellMSU

The Fly
In College/University, whatever? I am. What are you all doing, and where?

I'm a senior at Michigan State, b.s. in Food Industry Management. It's a combination of marketing, supply chain management stuff specifically in the food and beverage industry. I hope to work for a major brewery, winery or pop/soda/new age bev company because that's been my interest over the years.

Also, will any of your grades suffer as a result of the coming U2 tour?

U of Arkansas @ Fayetteville. Majoring in Psychology I'm a late junior, only 41 hours left after this semester. I don't even know if I'll use my degree when I graduate but I do know that my grades will probably suffer due to the tour. And the tour opens on Mar 1, I usually go to Mexico the 3rd week of March so that complicates things.

i'm a junior at UMASS amherst. i finally got around to declaring a friggin major. i'm actually officially still undeclared, so currently i'm an unofficial russian major, but i'm on my way to being official...i'm hoping to come out of this place with a history minor, as well.

not sure what i'd do with that degree...but college is pretty useless as far as i'm concerned. i really have no respect for about 90% of the college kids i've met. they're usually whiney, obnxious, and immature losers with bad taste in music, who spend all their time drunk or hungover. they come into the building when i'm at work and go on and on about how my life must suck and how they'd hate to be me because if you're working saturday night, you'll miss all sorts of good parties!! don't i want to go out and get wasted? wow, it must really suck to have to WORK! :rolleyes: that's probably about 70% of the people i've met right there. 20% more work office jobs where they whine when they have to actually DO something. like IT help desk consultants who write in their livejournals about how much it annoyed them that their tetris game as interrupted by some student with computer virus problems. so really, the only people i don't hate are security and dining hall workers. basically cos i work security, and the people who wash dishes have a far shittier job than i do...

no, my grades won't suffer because of a u2 tour.

Sooo, how do you really feel?
That sounds like you're pretty grounded which means you're already ahead of any trustfund baby at UMass.

I'm a first-year at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Canada. BA, with Honours in History! :)

And my grades will probably suffer from the tour, seeing as I'm going regardless of whether I have an exam at the time or not.

Gotta love doctors who write fake medical notes! :wink:

Bridgewater College- Tiny little liberal arts school in rural Virginia. I'm an English major, currently working towards a BA with aspirations of a Master's in Lit or Film Study and a PhD in Lit. :)

I also hate college kids. :mad:

I'm a sophojunior at The University of Texas.

I'm in Journalism right now, but I feel like selling my soul; so I'm moving over into PR.

university of ottawa in ottawa, ontario. masters in public administration. 1st yr, part time.

graduated from carleton university, also in ottawa with a B.A. honours in mass communication and economics last spring.

I'm a junior at Calvin College (in western Michigan) with majors in Sociology and Political Science and a minor in Linguistics.

:up: studying useless things.

I'm a senior at the Virginia Military Institute, majoring in International Studies and Political Science. The US Army owns my soul for the next 8 years, so it will be awhile before I get the chance to use my degree

The new tour is going to kill my already horrendous GPA because I'm not going to get the chance to go during the semester! They don't let us out too often :(

Kristie said:
Purdue, majoring in anthropology. Right now I'm donig a whole lot of archaeology research.

Cool place Kristie. If you ever come across a freshman named Adam Schafer with an Engineering major, tell him Andy Phelps sends his regards.

As for me, I attend Wilmington College. Only 1200 kids on the whole campus... very intimate setting!

I go to the University of California Riverside and I'm a 4th year Sociology major/political science minor. I don't think the tour will affect my grades. I'm not sure when the tour starts :uhoh:, but I graduate in June. I don't plan to go out on the road and follow them around anyhow because i'm sure there will be plenty of so cal dates for me to go to.

BSc in Environmental Science at the Van Hall Institute and MSc in Geochemistry at the University if Utrecht. I'm now working to get them both by the end of next year. :crazy:

right now...university of northern colorado as an english major...but i'm trying to transfer to concordia irvine to major in theology

and yes, my grades will probably suffer, who knows how many days i will miss

Last edited:
I'm a senior at Alverno College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I'm a senior majoring in Communications, Management, and Technology. The tour shouldn't affect my grades because I graduate on December 18th! Squeee!

second year at SUNY Stony Brook... currently a biochemistry major, but I'm thinking of switching to psychology.

I don't think the tour's going to affect my grades.... most likely I'm not going to be able to see a show :sad:

...have the hours of a senior several times over...:uhoh:

It's not as bad as that sounds...really.
I started at University of Georgia about 10 years ago and junior year, I decided to go out and work in "the real world". I'm glad I did because after 5 years, I realized I didn't want to be in that field for the rest of my life. I've recently come back to UGA to major in mathematics education, a career choice, I feel is a bit more meaningful and worthwhile (once you get past all of the red tape)...
The tour, timewise, shouldn't be too much of a problem, as they seem to be stopping by this part of the world around the time of spring break. Money to pay for tix is a whole 'nother subject.
Anybody want to be my sugar daddy?:flirt: :shifty:

I am doing Masters in industrial Engineering at the University of South Florida In Tampa. Its my first semester here, and I think my Grades will suffer as I have never been to a U2 concert before and i want to see as many times as i can on this tour -whatever the consequenses!
Oh, also there seem to be alot of U2 fans here in Tampa, we should all get together sometime .
:wave:

Just completed my first yr at Monash Uni - Dip. Foundation Studies in nursing. I had to get credit average in order to be accepted into the full degree, I'm pretty confident I managed it. :)

I'm in my second year at the University Of Winnipeg.

I'm currently working on a French Studies major and a Canadian History minor, and hoping to get into the after-degree Education program. Hopefully I'll be out of there and teaching in 5 years.

I'm planning on going to Quebec for a French exchange program next spring/summer, so hopefully I'll be back home if U2 comes to my neck of the woods. Or hopefully I'll have the time/money to see them if they go to Quebec. :wink:

I attend Metropolitan State College of Denver--the redheaded stepchild college of Colorado.

I'm a history major with a minor in English Literature. I had an extra minor in Journalism, but I decided it wasn't for me. I'm in my last 12 hours until graduation. I'm also one thesis away from graduating with honors, so I will probably be torturing myself with that next year.

I really want to teach, but the teacher education programs in Colorado are a mess, so I'm going to go on to grad school and get my masters in history. I really want to teach Russian-Eastern European history. :)

And no, my grades won't suffer due to the U2 tour. :wink:

Last edited:
4th Year, University of Toronto, studying Human Genetics. As per a survey apparently our *wonderful* uni has the highest rate of depression among undergrads and I'm not the least bit surprised!!:|

well, things work differently here, but I'm in University, my second year in Graphic Design...

I'm a professor at the University of Rocking Out.

Seriously, you dont even know. YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW!!!!!

I'm a student at Ohio State University. I'm an English major now...planning on switching to PR, I'd like to work in the music industry someday!

I am sure my grades will relfect the U2 tour...I already feel like I'm on U2 overload as it is. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom