College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if you believe the experts at ESPN The Ragazine...three of the final 4 teams are already set as each and every one has selected Florida, UNC and Kansas to make the final 4.
So this year we're gonna have 62 other teams fight it out for the right to be the 4th team and give those 3 a pass to the final weekend so they don't get George Masoned along the way and screw up ratings.

Washington vs. LSU with LSU as national champions

A few predictions:
1. A Missouri Valley Conference team will reach the Elite 8 and lose to an SEC team.
2. Glen Davis will spark a long media discussion over the number "requirements" a player of the year must meet. In the end, Joakim Noah will take the various best player awards.
3. None of this year's final four teams are in the AP top 25's top four.
4. The Big 12 will send more teams to the group of 64 than the Big East.
5. The Big Ten will have a repeat of last year's tournament failures.
6. Creighton will win the MVC.

Go Creighton! :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
It's gettin' crackin'... Preseason NIT starts tonight.

I gotta go with Ohio Stae - UNC for the title, Ohio State winning it all

Without Oden I doubt it, once he gets healthy though they'll be a force.

I went to our season opener a few nights ago. We've got six true freshmen on the team and the leader of the team is sophomore AJ Abrams. This season could end really well or really bad. Either way, it's a rebuilding year and could be a lot of fun to watch.

oden will be back on the court by january... even if then needs a month or so to get back into game shape, which he shouldn't 'cause he can still run with his injury... he'll be fine by february. which means by march he'll be in full beast mode... so unless he's a complete bust, which is always possible, i fully expect to see ohio state there.

i'm only picking two teams... not 4. i expect at least one more mid-major team to make a run at the final 4. just watching these early scores coming in tells the story... vermont beat #14 BC convincingly, butler beat notre dame, northern arizona beat arizona state, idaho state almost beat # 17 marquette, fordham gave # 24 tennessee a scare, eastern illinois lost by 2 to iowa state, clemson barely beat old dominion, and my personal favorite, D2 franklin pierce beat New Hampshire in UNH's annual "let's give a local school from a lower division a shot to play us so that we can beat the piss out of them and get a win on our schedule" game... having played in said game when i was in college, it's nice to see someone finally beat 'em.

welcome to college basketball... those with "tremendous upside potential" go to the big schools, while those with actual skill but perhaps undersized and/or not as athleticly gifted go to the mid majors and lower division schools.

this, of course, has always been the case. college coaches would rather take the potential of what the player can be over the player that is... but year after year the lack of skill of the "tremendous upside potential" player is getting larger and large, and more and more mid major schools are taking advantage. creighton's in the top 25 for pete's sake.

i love it.

Florida is gonna take it down again...returning all 5 starters and Joakim Noah is a man among boys.

It's gettin' crackin'... Preseason NIT starts tonight.

I gotta go with Ohio Stae - UNC for the title, Ohio State winning it all

oops i thought you meant ohio st would win the preseason NIT. i guess that would have been hard since they arent in it

I'm still not 100% sold on OSU though, they lost a lot of their veteran scoring/leadership and are counting on their freshman studs to lead them to the promised land. And while these guys are good, Oden will be coming off an inury, and you can never be 100% sure with freshmen.

But Oden is a beast and could quite possibly lead them to a title.

unlike last year where i stood rock solid on my championship pick straight through till it went up in flames against LSU (which i'm still bitter about, btw)... i will flip flop like john kerry all year long this year.

i'm already rethinking my pick and leaning towards carolina... georgetown will also be on my radar, as will be pitt & kansas. i'm seeing a second round "stunning" upset for florida.

jay wright's brain has been too saturated by hair gel

That could be true. Just as long as Sumpter's knee makes it through a couple conference games before its inevitable collapse, and I think we'll be alright.

the mid major revolution continues...

4226265e-4511-4e07-b074-43409c8c7adc.jpg

:drool:

i love it i love it i love it.

Last edited:
^ this is pretty exciting.

They play in Hinkle Fieldhouse where "Hoosiers" was filmed (and where they actually played the real game). I live about 1 1/2 miles from the campus. I want to get to a game this year!

Go Butler!

i only watched the first half of the UNC/Ohio State game... but if you would have told me at half time that UNC would come back and win that game i woulda said you were crazy. Ohio St. looked dominant in the first half.

will be very interesting to see them once oden comes back... if oden is even close to what everyone says he is, i would have to think that ohio state will roll to the national title... if oden is over-rated, all bets are off and some mid-major team could actually pull it off. that would be droolworthy :drool:

OSU was on fire from 3-point range in the first half (8-13), then cooled down in the second half (5-13). They need to learn to rely less on the long ball (I think this was a problem for them last year as well). Other than that, they look solid.

gonna try to swing over and catch villanova tonight if my own scrimmage finishes in time.

they're plaing at stony brook. why? i do not know. i guess as a favor to some folks jay met when he was on the island. :shrug: ya'd think he'd go play at hofstra if he was gonna play anywhere on long island, but hey... i'm not complaining.

the mid major revolution continues...

looks like pat forde's been scanning interference and stealing my lines :mad:

Did Mason's run start a full-fledged revolution?
By Pat Forde
ESPN.com

After watching a November stuffed with a startling amount of mid-major muscle flexing and high-major humility, I have a two-word question to pose:

What if?

What if George Mason's once-in-a-lifetime Final Four run last spring turns out to be less rare than we thought? What if it wasn't a fluke?

What if it was a sign of things to come?

A sign of a peasant uprising? A sign of a new Hoopsworld order? A sign of nationwide egalitarianism in a system that discourages upward mobility?

What if history looks back a decade or two from now and recalls it as the beginning of the Mason Revolution?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colu...de_pat&id=2680012&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

i knew i should have pattened it :madspit::wink:

Back
Top Bottom