College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bayou12780 said:
Louisville could be the sleeper

I got em in the elite 8, then losing to Oden State.
They looked good yesterday, but teams are so jeckyll and hyde you can't put too much stock in one game.

Hewson said:
They looked good yesterday, but teams are so jeckyll and hyde you can't put too much stock in one game.

I've been worried about L'Ville all along. Don't take too much from yesterdays game, A&M will have no trouble with that press (See games vs. Texas & Kansas). Think A&M vs L'Ville will be a great game, but will look nothing like the game L'Ville v. Stanford (a team that had no right to even be in the tourney).

March Madness - The Best Time of Year

Originally posted by jphelmet

I've been worried about L'Ville all along. Don't take too much from yesterdays game, A&M will have no trouble with that press (See games vs. Texas & Kansas). Think A&M vs L'Ville will be a great game, but will look nothing like the game L'Ville v. Stanford (a team that had no right to even be in the tourney).

Yeah, I got A&M beating L'ville but a reliable source predicted LV would be the spoiler. I didn't have the guts to pick 'em. Of course, I've got A&M in the final 4 so that could be wishful thinking.

Re: March Madness - The Best Time of Year

bayou12780 said:

but a reliable source predicted LV would be the spoiler.

Do you know a player/coach who's going to throw the game? :hmm:

:wink:

Is anyone watching the UVA/Albany game? WTF is going on? I expected Albany to lose, but they're acting like 9-year-olds playing the stupidest basketball I've ever seen. Half the guys are ready to foul out in the first half because of ridiculous blocking fouls (i.e., running in front of a guy on a fast break x 2), and the just look awkward as hell. It's painful just to watch the game. :tsk:

I still haven't lost anybody going further than the second round, but the Creighton loss was frustrating for my bracket.

With Creighton and Old Dominion out of the picture it seems like Southern Illionis might be the only mid-major with a chance to go deep this year. As fan of mid-majors that makes me sad. :sad:

That and Creighton's inability to win a fucking first round game. :mad:

Some great games earlier today. My bracket is doing well. I just need to pray for louisville over A and M.

It seems like the theme for the day is that the higher-ranked team needs to spend the first half down by ten...:huh:

Texas really got the lion's share of the calls. That was the most lopsided officiating I've seen so far.

Villanova's foul troubles are killing me so far.

I watched a lot of the Texas game and thought the same thing. Just checked the box score, and Texas shot more than double the amount of free throws that NM St shot. Amazing how easy Durant makes it look sometimes. Nova/Kentucky game is a classic 8/9 game, close all the way through the first half.

They should create a drinking game for every time Dante Cunningham double takes or dribbles with the ball right underneath the basket.

redhotswami said:
WOW! Did anybody see the VT/Ill game? OMG my heart stopped beating for those last 30 seconds. :faint:

I did. I've seen everything. I've been on my couch since 9am PT. I like March Madness, you could say.

:)

Nova/Kentucky still close. Holy Cross hanging around. Arkansas too.

I wish Gus Johnson could call every close game.

No spoken words said:

I did. I've seen everything. I've been on my couch since 9am PT. I like March Madness, you could say.

:)

That's awesome! I've been flipping radio stations and checking scores online. Here they even play the games at the grocery store over the intercom!!!

I like MM too :)

I'm a Virginia fan, because when I was a kid, Ralph Sampson was there and I was fascinated by his height. Been a fan ever since. Glad to see them back in the tourney and getting a win.

Nice to see former Providence coaches and players are 3-0 in the tourney so far and yet our current Providence coach sits at home after a first round NIT loss. Thanks Tim Welsh. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
this tournament has sucked so far, and not just because my attempt to be clever with the committee's shitful job of seeding has completely blown up in my face. i never win this shit anyway... i finished second once. i can sit and watch hundreds and hundreds of college games all year long, like i do, and still lose to someone who picked their bracket 'cause of the pretty colors on the uniforms. it's the nature of the beast. so i don't really care about that... i just want some drama.

upsets? none. winthrop doesn't count as an upset 'cause they shouldn't have been that low a seed in the first place.

buzzer beaters? none.

of the 32 first round games, 9 of them were decided by a single digit margin. and of those 9, only 4 were one posession games.

worst... first round... ever...

I'm 82% on my bracket so far...second best in my pool, down by a point. And none of my sweet 16 teams are out, while everyone else has at least Duke going to the 16. Woo-hoo!

I agree that there was some questionable seeding. But I also think the games have been a combination of shitty playing by some teams and fiery playing by the lower-seeded teams. It really is true that in most of the games so far, the lower-seeded team took the lead early on. It seems like all of the seed-underdogs are fired up this year.......they just can't all hold on for the whole game.

phillyfan26 said:
Texas really got the lion's share of the calls. That was the most lopsided officiating I've seen so far.
/B]

i hate tu, so i'm biased but its been this way all year. durant gets the jordan rules, you breath on him at its a foul.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i can sit and watch hundreds and hundreds of college games all year long, like i do, and still lose to someone who picked their bracket 'cause of the pretty colors on the uniforms.

I don't remember the last time over-analysis of teams/match-ups has been correlated with bracket success.

I loved seeing one of the gaurds on UNLV hold a gaurd on GT for 5 seconds closely gaurded. That was the best play of the first round.

Back
Top Bottom