College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
Those Hoyas will make you sweat...62-57.

Just like they said during the game, we (G'town) need to hustle the whole way through. There are definitely times when it seems like they're just going through the motions. I think one problem early in the 2nd half was that they were pulling up the ball way too fast---they were getting the ball, dribbling for two steps, then pulling up and looking for a pass...instead of pulling up when they had a pass. Made it much less organized and much more frantic than it needed to be.

the problem with the offense that georgetown runs is that if they get a little lazy and sloppy in their execution, which tends to happen when you absolutely dominate your opponent in the first half, the offense becomes very ineffective, leading to bad shots and turnovers... which is exactly what happened.

timing and spacing are the two most important elements in the princeton style offense... well... in any offense really, but especially in the princeton. if you don't execute properly and let it get sloppy and undisciplined, you can go into prolonged slumps... it's why not many teams run it.

Wow---G'town vs. Notre Dame was a great game. They owed us from 5 years ago...glad we got the win back.

kellyahern said:

About the time I had to drive through downtown Tampa and wondered, "Gee, it's only 2:00 p.m. Where did all this traffic come from? :hmm: "

Totally unrelated, but I hope Al Thornton is a lottery pick.

I can't believe UVA blew it in the first round of the ACC tourney! :banghead: First they miss their chance to win the title outright, then they pull this? I was sure hoping they'd make it to the NCAA for the first time in years, but now I wonder if they'll even get a low seed :sigh:

What kind of sign is it that your team went down 26-2 and came back from it to lose only by 5?

On the one hand, it's inconsistency, on the other hand, it's resiliance.

I don't know what to think. :huh:

Kevin Durant is unreal.

This has been a great few days for college hoops. The Mac and MEAC finishes were great yesterday. Even the Long Beach/Cal Poly game was a good one last night. Cannot wait for Thursday. Oh, and I got to attend the Pac-10 tourney 2 days in a row. Friday's games were ok, but, 2 of the Thursday games went into OT. Long day, but fun.

Can't wait for the selections. I hope UVA makes it even though they caved. As long as the "Smellheels" don't go to the Final Four this should be fun.

Crap! I just got home. Somebody told me they weren't done yet. I just found them online. I am glad VA got a 4 seed despite a pitiful tourney performance. Good to see VaTech and VCU in there too, and that they got sent out west.

Is it too late to play the Yahoo! thing for the whole tournament? No games have been played yet.

btw im going out to Sacramento for the IU-Gonzaga game :dancing:

too bad we're gonna lose

There's no way Drexel would be left out. No way. I won't believe it, even if Greg Gumbel tells me so.

Back
Top Bottom