College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
tyler hansbrough and roy williams need to shut the hell up... there's no way that was an intentional hit to the nose. it happens.

Agreed. Few things bother me more than Big time coaches with an overheightened sense of entitlement. It's basketball. It's a physical sport. Shit happens.

Winthrop almost lost to VMI in their conference tourney. I watched that game, it was a fun game, but, I cannot say I was overly impressed with Winthrop, especially considering the fact that VMI was a 6 seed in the tourney. Perhaps they were tired, it might have been their 3rd game in 3 days, and VMI does play at a relentless pace.

tyler hansbrough and roy williams need to shut the hell up... there's no way that was an intentional hit to the nose. it happens.
I was watching the game, I think there was some intent with that hit...not intented to break his nose, but I think he took a clear shot at Hansborough.

Hewson said:
I was watching the game, I think there was some intent with that hit...not intented to break his nose, but I think he took a clear shot at Hansborough.

yep. he came in after the shot had left his hand, definetly a frustration foul.

formfitting.jpg

that's god awful

could there have been frustration behind the swing of his arm? sure... did he play the ball, miss and end up cracking hansbrough in the nose? absolutely. there is no way he jumped in the air with the intention of taking hansbrough out.

i agree not trying to crack him in the nose, but he wasn't playing the ball. I also agree he wasn't trying to injure him or take him out, but to say it was purely the result of missing the ball on a block it a stretch (mcdonald's all-americans playing at duke don't miss time a block by that bad- maybe in a scrub pick-up game but not at the highest level of d-1). he went in there to foul him hard. he saw an oppontunity to take out his frustration with a hard foul, and hide it under the guise of that he is going for a block happens all the time (charles oakley made a career out of it), to think he missed the ball and it was completely accidental is a little naive. especially considering duke was getting there asses handed to them again against the most hated rival, and there is a minute left in an unwinnable game. i personally can't stand duke or unc, but this type of thing happens all the time but not usually resulting in a serious injury- just a hard foul.

can you honestly say in playing hoops your whole life you never went to foul some hard out of frustration? i've never tried to hurt someone, but many times, while going for a block, (wink, wink) i have given hard fouls.

jphelmet said:

i agree not trying to crack him in the nose, but he wasn't playing the ball. I also agree he wasn't trying to injure him or take him out, but to say it was purely the result of missing the ball on a block it a stretch (mcdonald's all-americans playing at duke don't miss time a block by that bad- maybe in a scrub pick-up game but not at the highest level of d-1). he went in there to foul him hard. he saw an oppontunity to take out his frustration with a hard foul, and hide it under the guise of that he is going for a block happens all the time (charles oakley made a career out of it), to think he missed the ball and it was completely accidental is a little naive. especially considering duke was getting there asses handed to them again against the most hated rival, and there is a minute left in an unwinnable game. i personally can't stand duke or unc, but this type of thing happens all the time but not usually resulting in a serious injury- just a hard foul.

there is no way in hell he left his feet with the thought that he was gonna smack hansbrough in the face with an open hand. watch the video, when he starts his jump his eyes are on the ball, his hand is up. as he starts to swing down the ball is knocked out by another defender. henderson's arm continues to swing down. at this point, does he decide at a split second to hit tyler in the face? somehow i doubt that. does an inner frustration take over and he does it sub-consciously? that i can believe... but when he left his feet, his eyes are clearly looking at the ball, not hansbrough.

can you honestly say in playing hoops your whole life you never went to foul some hard out of frustration? i've never tried to hurt someone, but many times, while going for a block, (wink, wink) i have given hard fouls.

very rarely, and never in the face. ever. there are some cardinal sins in basketball... don't intentionaly hit someone in the face and don't intentionaly take out their legs.

and nothing beats a good old fashioned blind back screen for sending messages.

there is no way in hell he left his feet with the thought that he was gonna smack hansbrough in the face with an open hand. watch the video, when he starts his jump his eyes are on the ball, his hand is up. as he starts to swing down the ball is knocked out by another defender. henderson's arm continues to swing down. at this point, does he decide at a split second to hit tyler in the face? somehow i doubt that. does an inner frustration take over and he does it sub-consciously? that i can believe... but when he left his feet, his eyes are clearly looking at the ball, not hansbrough.

very rarely, and never in the face. ever. there are some cardinal sins in basketball... don't intentionaly hit someone in the face and don't intentionaly take out their legs.

and nothing beats a good old fashioned blind back screen for sending messages.

i think we are saying the same thing. I agree with what you are saying. i don't think we was trying to hit him in the face but i do think it was a frustration foul.

yeah i never hit anyone in the face or took out someone's legs, but i have gotten through some picks and made sure a lay-up wasn't going to get above the rim on occasion.

Begin rant:

Providence needs to fire Tim Welch. I realize that Providence is not a powerhouse school, but they have decent talent and it's always young talent. We're always going to put it together next year, but with the exception of Ryan Gomes, no one has truly made improvements under Welch. Countless players have quit the team or transferred. The man is 1-8 in Big East tourny games. Something like an 8-19 record in march at the school. It's disgusting. Maybe Billy Donovan wants to come home. :sad: :sad:

End rant.

Last edited:
remember how after Jim Calhoun suspended A.J. Price for a full season and only suspended Marcus Williams until January, Calhoun made the statement that A.J. Price was the best player in the program?

How's that working out for him...

i said it then and i repeat it now... i coached against price. he's a solid player, he ain't no marcus williams. he was made an example of... if he had the skill that marcus williams had, he wouldn't have been suspended a full season. calhoun's a hypocrite.

Well from a betting man's perspective, this next 3 day stretch is awesome, with the opening 2 rounds of the tourney a close 2nd.

But Thurs-Sun both this week and next will be a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom