College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

I'm still amazed we have a basketball team. Who knew?

Although this does explain that group of tall guys that were introduced at the homecoming pep rally. I was wondering who those guys were.

This could be the first year the basketball is actually better than the football team. I never thought I'd see the day.

Is there anything better than seeing Duke lose 4 in a row? They may get one for the thumb when they play BC.

The best part about Duke's loss to at Maryland? The fans didn't even rush the court afterwards.

I only saw bits and pieces of the Umass/FU game...but yeah the quality of play overall this season seems to have dropped a notch or 2 since last, and it wasn't exactly poetry in motion the last few seasons.

At our 10:30 intramural game tonight, Kevin Durant was lingering around towards the end of the second half near the goalpost. As the game ended, I hit a turnaround jumper about 8 feet away from him on the baseline.

Sources say Durant was not impressed.

:mad:

You know what I meant.

The post...of the goal.

Aw, nevermind.

Georgetown, baby, Georgetown.

We have a shirt on campus that says: "Some have forgotten. We will remind them."

Today's game against Pitt was close....but still came out nicely. If nothing else, it showed that we can still win even when The Hib is essentially shut down.

That was, by far, one of the best basketball games I've ever been to.

I hat ESPN for a few reasons, but, starting yesterday, ESPN's family of networks gets fucking crazy with college hoops. I love these conference tourneys where the winner goes to the NCAA's and the loser is done. All of these games feel pretty big. Yesterday, watched the VMI/Winthrop game, and VMI just shoots and shoots and shoots...they were a 6 seed in their conference tourney, so winning their conf tourney was the only way to the dance...they lost by 3, fun game to watch. Winthrop, though, to be honest, if they lost, probably would have gotten an invite, but for VMI, it was all or nothing. Get ready for a few more days of that shit.

Back
Top Bottom