College Football --- 6 days away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bu2iful

Babyface
Any thoughts on this season? Who is your fav. team(S)? My fav. is the defending national champs Oklahoma Sooners, Whose defense maybe the best in the country!!! Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

BOOMER!!
SOONER!!

Originally posted by bu2iful:
Any thoughts on this season? Who is your fav. team(S)? My fav. is the defending national champs Oklahoma Sooners, Whose defense maybe the best in the country!!! Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

BOOMER!!
SOONER!!

I'm a Nittany Lion thru and thru. I hope we get our act together We open at home w/ the 'Canes (Gulp!)- I'm going to that one. You guys do have a great team, but another undefeated run thru the Big12? You're just like us-making the mistake of playing in a big time conference. Most of the future National Champs will come from the patsy leagues (ACC, Big East)until they finally get a play-off. Mrs. Bowden didn't raise any fool. I do like Oregon St's chances. Loved how they kicked Notre Dame's asses in Tempe last year!! Kind of funny how I probably hate U2's fave college team!

------------------
WWBD?--What Would Bono Do?

[This message has been edited by StarsnStripes (edited 08-22-2001).]

Actually it began Thursday night, Louisville-New Mexico State; whoopee.

FSU had a chance to join the SEC but they reasoned that they could win more games in the ACC. Funny, but true.

JoePa will win the record in a couple of weeks. Probably no one Bear Bryant would rather pass it down to than him.

Oklahoma will do well again this year; maybe not another Championship, but I think a match-up with Florida in the Rose Bowl IS a possibility.

Roll Tide, in case you didn't know.

~U2Alabama

Well my Sooners played pretty well on D. The offense still needs some tweeking obviously. But a win is a win, bring on Air Force!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Yes, I found it strange that OU is travelling TO Air FOrce for that game; must have been scheduled during OU's "down" years?

We open with UCLA in 5 days!

~U2Alabama

the Sooners put 41 points on the board, that's not too shabby, I was a bit surprised they allowed nearly 30 points though, they will be a major bowl team but will not win another national title -- that will go to the Miami Hurricanes if they can get through one of the most difficult schedules in the nation, if not the most difficult

now comes the part where you will all laugh, but my alma-mater the Rutgers Scarlet Knights will soon be a powerhouse under new coach Greg Shiano (assistant, Miami); he has landed some big recruits already at every position; even Mel Kiper has gone on record as saying he thinks Rutgers will be a Big East powerhouse within 2 or 3 years

Well, good luck to the Scarlet Knights, then. God knows they need it!

biggrin.gif
Sorry, it's hard to be humble when you're an Oklahoma Sooner!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I went to the game Saturday and although our offense was a little shaky, I think we should have another great year. Seeing Rocky Calmus play in person is an experience unto itself. He's amazing.

Good luck Bama against UCLA. That should be a good game. How do you guys like your new coach? It's Franchione, right?

Originally posted by StarsnStripes:
Loved how they kicked Notre Dame's asses in Tempe last year!! Kind of funny how I probably hate U2's fave college team!

I'm a Wolverine, so you're not alone in your dislike. This is the first year that I haven't paid any attention to any pre-season predictions. Being out here in California I just pray to be able to find a Michigan game on TV!! Thank God for satellite TV.

Thanks, HeartlandGirl; yes, Fran is the new man in Tuscaloosa; everybody is pretty hopeful about him; I'm glad we finally went "out of the family."

I cannot find tickets for this game and I am beginning to despair. They are starting at $75 each on fansites, even though the face is only $30!

I hope to visit Norman, Oklahoma Sept. 7, 2002 when Alabama travels out there; my wife and I went to the Alabama-UCLA game in LA last year, going to the Auburn at Syracuse game in a few weeks (she's an Aubie), and hope to fly to LA next year (8/31/02) and drive back through the southwest for THE game a week later. Maybe we'll see you there.

Roll Tide...

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 08-28-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:

(she's an Aubie)

Brrrrrr!! Must get awful chilly in the U2Bama household every year in mid-November!

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Originally posted by The Wanderer:

now comes the part where you will all laugh, but my alma-mater the Rutgers Scarlet Knights will soon be a powerhouse under new coach Greg Shiano (assistant, Miami); he has landed some big recruits already at every position; even Mel Kiper has gone on record as saying he thinks Rutgers will be a Big East powerhouse within 2 or 3 years

I don't think Paterno's laughing, he wanted a few of those Jersey kids wearing blue and white. Seriously, I don't think "powerhouse" is a word that will be used around North Jersey just because they can finally keep some of their in-state talent. It will, however, make them competative for the first time in a long while. I'd love to see them rough Pitt up annually!

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
thanks HeartlandGirl
rolleyes.gif

I did notice that Heupel (sp.?) was released today by whoever it was that drafted him, it's off to the CFL for him!!!

That was the Miami Dolphins that released him. Heupel was great at OU but everybody said he wouldn't do well in the pros. As popular of a guy as he is around here, he could just come back here and run for governor.

Originally posted by U2Bama:

I hope to visit Norman, Oklahoma Sept. 7, 2002 when Alabama travels out there; my wife and I went to the Alabama-UCLA game in LA last year, going to the Auburn at Syracuse game in a few weeks (she's an Aubie), and hope to fly to LA next year (8/31/02) and drive back through the southwest for THE game a week later. Maybe we'll see you there.

Roll Tide...

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 08-28-2001).]

Come on down! I realize it is a year away, but I actually live a stone throw away from the stadium so give me a shout!

Back
Top Bottom