College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do some 0-1 teams stay ranked while others don't? You know, like when you lose on a last-second play.

tOSU = 3rd in the conference this season. Watch and see.

Considering you're a high powered executive, this might be a valid prediction. Who do you have as one-two then?

How do some 0-1 teams stay ranked while others don't? You know, like when you lose on a last-second play.

Every other 0-1 Top 25 team lost to another ranked team. You can't fault Georgia much for losing to Top 10 Okie Lite in Stillwater. VT lost to Top 10 Alabama at a neutral site. Land Thief lost to ranked BYU at a neutral site amidst a slew of injuries.

Now, I don't necessarily agree with FSU being unranked. But losing at home to then unranked Miama (although they do deserve to be in there and likely will beat OU) doesn't help them at all, especially because they controlled their own destiny there at the end and couldn't punch it in. They'll be back though.

No love for Iowa? THEY JUST BEAT NORTHERN IOWA, MAN!

No love for Iowa? THEY JUST BEAT NORTHERN IOWA, MAN!

If they had Jewel Hampton all season then I'd have had more faith in them. They're still going to a bowl, but, with a fucked running game it's hard to see them being top 3 in the conference.

I could be VERY wrong about Wisconsin, I just have a feeling, that's all. Nobody really knows shit.

Penn State could sweep the whole Big Ten, which would be a fun journey. Till they get killed by whoever they play in a bowl game, of course.

We looked like hot, buttered crap on toast this past Saturday, but I wouldn't count us out of the Big Ten discussion. Just because.

Hell, we don't even have to play Wisconsin.

Also, the fact that the Michigan game is scheduled on Halloween makes me kinda wish I still went to school down there. Michigan games were always a blast. Add Halloween costumes into the mix? Shiiiiiiiiit.

Texas/Okie Lite is on Halloween. I want to road trip it. Dressed as Tommy Wiseau.

im suprised we didn't drop more, i guess we better roll some fucking points on Idaho State or it really wont even matter. Technically Sammy Boy could be back by Miami, which unless Landry Jones does something incredible will be a huge lift for the team. Of course we could be 1-2 at that point.

Seeing Oklahoma State in the top 10 is just ridiculous, i guess the tables really have turned somehow, for now at least. I hope Houston rolls the arrogant inbreds this week!

One game as an enrolled student and you're already a whining little bastard.

I can't disappoint.

Every other 0-1 Top 25 team lost to another ranked team. You can't fault Georgia much for losing to Top 10 Okie Lite in Stillwater. VT lost to Top 10 Alabama at a neutral site. Land Thief lost to ranked BYU at a neutral site amidst a slew of injuries.

Now, I don't necessarily agree with FSU being unranked. But losing at home to then unranked Miama (although they do deserve to be in there and likely will beat OU) doesn't help them at all, especially because they controlled their own destiny there at the end and couldn't punch it in. They'll be back though.

That's totally fair. It was more of a general question than anything else. Do you think tOSU would've stayed ranked if they lost to Navy?

I see my namesake finishing in the 20-25 range this year anyway. 8 wins or so... don't know too much about the other teams in our division of the ACC to say for sure though.

Jim Gaffigan's coming to Homecoming. I'm gonna bust out a Hot Pocket.

Texas/Okie Lite is on Halloween. I want to road trip it. Dressed as Tommy Wiseau.

you really don't mean that do you? They say Stoolwater has the highest case of "swine flu" of any college in the nation, how fitting, considering all of the livestock in attendance. Of course thats just the women. And you wonder why the men are always shitfaced drunk year round...hey, they don't call their new digs Boones Farm for nothing.

im suprised we didn't drop more, i guess we better roll some fucking points on Idaho State or it really wont even matter. Technically Sammy Boy could be back by Miami, which unless Landry Jones does something incredible will be a huge lift for the team. Of course we could be 1-2 at that point.

Something tells me this is more serious than they're letting on. But knowing Stoopsie, Sammy will be out there no matter how much it may negatively impact the rest of his life.

News today said Gresham is done for the season. Ouch.

Do you think tOSU would've stayed ranked if they lost to Navy?

Absolutely, but they'd be on very thin ice for the rest of the season. Navy loss + USC loss might have knocked them out of the Top 25.

you really don't mean that do you? They say Stoolwater has the highest case of "swine flu" of any college in the nation, how fitting, considering all of the livestock in attendance. Of course thats just the women. And you wonder why the men are always shitfaced drunk year round...hey, they don't call their new digs Boones Farm for nothing.

I do, just because it's starting to look like the marquee game of the year unless OU rights its ship. One more OU loss and the Bradford injury being more serious than we think means a cheaper RRS ticket for me, though. Silver linings.

Having never been to Stillwater, I'm just going to have to take your word. Didn't know about the H1N1 deal. The trip won't happen, in all likelihood. But I didn't go to a road game last year for the first time as a student, and that needs to change.

Of course, it'd be a lot easier and cheaper to just go to the Baylor game.

If they had Jewel Hampton all season then I'd have had more faith in them. They're still going to a bowl, but, with a fucked running game it's hard to see them being top 3 in the conference.

I could be VERY wrong about Wisconsin, I just have a feeling, that's all. Nobody really knows shit.

Yeah, Iowa has a lot of work to do on the offensive side of the ball. Their OL has a few starters out from injury and suspension *they get their RT back this week though*

And as NSW mentioned, Hampton is out for the year, that left one RB with any expierence coming into this year....and he's more suited for special teams.

They have a RS Frosh RB who was coming on late last year in practice, but he got hurt at beginning of camp this year, and he'll slowly be worked back in (Brinson).

Defense will keep them in games, but it's going to be rough.

Happy birthday, Garry!

xqfi2q.jpg

Something tells me this is more serious than they're letting on. But knowing Stoopsie, Sammy will be out there no matter how much it may negatively impact the rest of his life.

News today said Gresham is done for the season. Ouch.

Dude, what the fuck is your deal? Do you really believe the bullshit your are writing here? Stoops wants to win, just like Mack Brown or any other coach does. But I seriously doubt he wants to kill or injure a player in the process. Eli Manning came back and won a superbowl after this type of injury, not comparing Bradford to Manning, just saying it happens. Even that QB from BYU had the very same injury and came back within a couple of weeks.

Honestly i think i speak for 99.9% of Sooner Nation when i say that if Bradford is not 100% healthy we don't want to see him out on that field...no matter how long it takes. With our patchwork line he could easily get hurt again, so if he never plays another down at OU, so be it. Sure i want to see him come back and compete....but in retrospect i would have rather he went into the draft this year and made millions.

And that, kiddies, is why I need to break my smilie moratorium and use the wink one more often.

No, I don't believe he wants to kill any of his players and/or doesn't care about their well-being.

I'd like to see Michigan beat Notre Dame, purely because I hate Charlie Weis, who's one of the five worst people in America.

It might be time to bring the Angry Lou avatar back.

Yep. Nothing was going Clemson's way in the first, so this comeback they've mounted is pretty impressive. Another great ACC game.

You're right, Jesse. The offense and the defense are both tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom