College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - Recruiting

We're Linebacker U!

ETA: I went to Football Eve last night and Paterno gave a few minute speech, in which he began rambling incoherently about how practices were more difficult this year because somehow summer classes interfered or something. It didn't make sense or have any relevance.

Other great quotes: "You guys are the best. And when I say guys, I mean girls too. I know the girls are out here too. I may be old, but I still know what a girl looks like."

"I know you college maniacs haven't seen noon on a Saturday in years, but I'm gonna need all of you to get your, pardon my language ladies, rear ends out here tomorrow for the game."

He's the best.

Can we fucking get a little acknowledgement of who created that spot?

horrible display of football by the Hawkeyes. And to come up with 2 block kicks in a row,incredible.

but i question the rule allowing UNI to get the 2nd kick.

Iowa better get it together or they'll get blown out inB10 play

horrible display of football by the Hawkeyes. And to come up with 2 block kicks in a row,incredible.

but i question the rule allowing UNI to get the 2nd kick.

Iowa better get it together or they'll get blown out inB10 play

You question the rule itself, or you question the referee's call?

Ohio St. looked like hell. Just one boneheaded play after another. Unfortunately, Navy was mediocre enough to allow them to pull through. I would have enjoyed that upset. :lol:

Something I hate about college football when compared to the pros is that you kind of have to root for team's you hate to win, otherwise your team's wins won't be credited enough in the system. I heard from someone in the stadium "29-27, two point try coming up!" and had two conflicting reactions immediately. Which is terrible. I should want to see tOSU get killed every week, like I do with Dallas, New York, and Washington.

That was the reason for my short-lived JoePa signature a couple weeks ago.

I figured, but now it all makes sense.

Alligator and Sad Songs are now in my possession. Yes.

Gonna be a nail-biter for Florida tonight.

1. Alligator
2. Sad Songs
3. Boxer

Alligator is one of my five favorite albums ever. I love every track on it. But they're all awesome.

You question the rule itself, or you question the referee's call?

sorry, the rule itself. so you can have a kick blocked, go fall on it, and you don't run any clock off? seems just very odd. the ball never changed possesion, so I would imagine the clock should have kept running.

who knows. it worked out in the end, but sad it came to that.

feel bit uneasy about rest of the year, but it was only one game.

Hahaha, poor GAF.

That could apply to anything, but in this case, I'm referring to the Illini.

sorry, the rule itself. so you can have a kick blocked, go fall on it, and you don't run any clock off? seems just very odd. the ball never changed possesion, so I would imagine the clock should have kept running.

who knows. it worked out in the end, but sad it came to that.

feel bit uneasy about rest of the year, but it was only one game.

We are trying to get a clarification from Bill Corollo, the new head of Big Ten officiating, as to why the clock did not run. The rest of the ruling makes sense to us but we're confused on the clock issue.

Iowa has so much trouble moving the ball on the ground, wow. Some nice completions in the 2nd half, though.

Alabama @ Va Tech is proving to be as epic as promised. 16-10 Crimson Tide ( :( ), 3 mins left in the half.

Alabama really doesn't want to win this game, do they? Two personal foul penalties in one play, plus a pass interference earlier in the drive. :lmao: 17-16 Va Tech, even though their offense is just barely functional tonight.

I always feel terrible when I see guys like Bradford go down with an injury. I'd like to think that if I had been an amazing athlete, I too would have spurned the millions to soak up the college life, but I probably wouldn't.

54 yard field goal? Kickers career high is 42? I understand the reasoning, but I don't take that route in that situation.

Yep. Although asking a freshman QB to convert a 4th and 14 isn't much of an improvement. They were pretty much fucked either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom