College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do matter and that's the problem. They give certain teams a great head start, and other teams too much to overcome.

I don't think there should be a poll until the OOC schedule is over.

I think they do matter and that's the problem. They give certain teams a great head start, and other teams too much to overcome.

I don't think there should be a poll until the OOC schedule is over.

Oh, the matter, for sure, because the system demands that they matter....just saying that they shouldn't, because nobody really knows a fucking thing for a few weeks, at the earliest.

True freshman Matt Barkley has been named starting QB at USC. I will need copious amounts of alcohol this year as he will make 1 boneheaded play for ever 2 or 3 brilliant ones. It will be like watching Brett Favre without the douchiness.

Cal and Oregon, this is your big shot, because next year Barkley will be a Heisman favorite, the kid will be a great one.

The fact that I'm on campus today for the first time this semester is getting me fucking pumped. Eight more days.

MichiganLogo5.jpg

haha....yes, you guys have won as many championships this decade as we have. How bout overall though.... Oh well who is counting right? While you struggled last year against a mediocre Ohio State we played (and should have beat) a dominant Florida team. At least we played them, while you got to watch. Sucks to get screwed out of a BCS National Championship just because of one play, now doesnt it? :sexywink:

2996776063_5240a8a524.jpg

its on this year BITCH!

Texas_Sucks.jpg

Yahoo! Image Detail for http://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx4.jpg

Hey, how'd they get that picture of my toilet?

You know you're ready for football season when you're killing time by watching Mizzou at OU 2007, your second "From the Big XII Archives" game of the week.

True freshman Matt Barkley has been named starting QB at USC. I will need copious amounts of alcohol this year as he will make 1 boneheaded play for ever 2 or 3 brilliant ones. It will be like watching Brett Favre without the douchiness.

Cal and Oregon, this is your big shot, because next year Barkley will be a Heisman favorite, the kid will be a great one.
Absolutely right about this kid; I raved about him in last year's college thread and he hadn't even started his senior year...

BTW, Aaron Corp went through some moves this week and said he's good but there yet; can't make the cuts or run as hard as he needs...he's a team player and concedes Matt has to be #1 right now.

Hey, how'd they get that picture of my toilet?

You know you're ready for football season when you're killing time by watching Mizzou at OU 2007, your second "From the Big XII Archives" game of the week.

if i had a toilet like that i would never be constipated....um....not that i am now anyways.

:sexywink::wave:

That was a good game you mention, Mizzou almost had us if i remember correctly. Because of that they talked a lot of trash too leading up to the Big 12 Championship later on that year...then we kicked their ass all over the field.

Did Lou Holth spend the offseason putting Sun-In in his hair?

Report: Michigan football players allege NCAA violations - ESPN

I'm not too concerned about these allegations for a couple of reasons:

1. Michigan will get off by saying that some of these practices are not mandatory (though they are).

2. I'm sure every program is doing similar things. I don't even know of any high school teams that aren't making their players put in more time than allowed.

What I AM concerned about is the fact that so many players are going public with this. Has RR lost his locker room?

Report: Michigan football players allege NCAA violations - ESPN

I'm not too concerned about these allegations for a couple of reasons:

1. Michigan will get off by saying that some of these practices are not mandatory (though they are).

2. I'm sure every program is doing similar things. I don't even know of any high school teams that aren't making their players put in more time than allowed.

What I AM concerned about is the fact that so many players are going public with this. Has RR lost his locker room?

An offseason regimen of 3 x 3 hours of lifting/week and 2 x 2 hours of track workouts really does not sound that bad to me at all. I'd be much more concerned about going over hours during the season.

An offseason regimen of 3 x 3 hours of lifting/week and 2 x 2 hours of track workouts really does not sound that bad to me at all. I'd be much more concerned about going over hours during the season.

It seems to me there is a lack of leadership. At most schools it's the upperclassmen who make sure everyone gets to these "voluntary" workouts. It's amazing how far Michigan has fallen so fast. Could you imagine this happening at Florida, USC, Oklahoma or Ohio State?

It seems to me there is a lack of leadership. At most schools it's the upperclassmen who make sure everyone gets to these "voluntary" workouts. It's amazing how far Michigan has fallen so fast. Could you imagine this happening at Florida, USC, Oklahoma or Ohio State?

Thing is, all of the upperclassmen trained under the old Lloyd Carr regime, which sounds like it was soft in comparison.

Then again, who needs to stay in shape when you have Charles Woodson on your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom