College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screwtape2 said:
I'll start watching in few weeks after the early cupcake games are out of the way. :wink:
Iowa over Montana :eek: :wink: Go Hawkeyes!

Right now Memorial Stadium represents the third largest city in my state. That's really sad.

Next week is Penn State-Notre Dame! Cupcake game???

The Lions are up 10-0 on Akron right now and the new QB Morelli looks great.

I was about to make this thread earlier after I got back from the game. Instead I'll just post this:

colttb9.png

phillyfan26 said:

Next week is Penn State-Notre Dame! Cupcake game???

The Lions are up 10-0 on Akron right now and the new QB Morelli looks great.

Also, you have Miami vs Florida State monday and next weekend there is Texas vs Ohio State! I wouldnt consider any of those cupcake games.

Mr. BAW said:
Very pleased with last night's performance even when it was a game in the first-half....

usc-spts-logo-left-thumb.gif

I will be rooting against you in every game except when you play Notre Dame. :wink: :laugh: Not sure how the Pac 10 is going to be this year. Cal got their butts handed to them yesterday. So it could be a favorable schedule for you guys.

Oregon has always and still frightens me....

ps, I've been a Trojan-fan since childhood...I did NOT attend USC but grew up within 15 miles of downtown LA...I did play HS football with several former old-school players throughout the LA County area...in 1968, former Trojan and NFL running back Sam Cunningham ran my ass down (I still have the cleatmarks on my chest) that should counts as something! :lol:

And...I'm related to former Troj' Shaun Cody...I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon....I'm riding shotgun! I'm hoping for a very good year...

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
Oregon has always and still frightens me....

ps, I've been a Trojan-fan since childhood...I did NOT attend USC but grew up within 15 miles of downtown LA...I did play HS football with several former old-school players throughout the LA County area...in 1968, former Trojan and NFL running back Sam Cunningham ran my ass down (I still have the cleatmarks on my chest) that should counts as something! :lol:

And...I'm related to former Troj' Shaun Cody...I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon....I'm riding shotgun! I'm hoping for a very good year...

My team is Michigan and I didnt go to school there either. But I grew up in Ann Arbor and my family has had season tickets since the 60's (we even kept them when we lived out of state). So I can understand your perspective as I grew up a Michigan fan.

We have Oregon coming in next year. I'm not looking forward to that one either. Just make sure you guys beat Notre Dame this year! :laugh: I'm not sure about Michigan yet, defense looks good, but they were playing Vandy so its hard to say.

300px-Penn_State_Nittany_Lions_Logo.jpg

All the way! I really like their chances this year, the D is great, the receivers and backs are outstanding, and if the QB is half of what is said about him we're top ten for sure.

phillyfan26 said:
300px-Penn_State_Nittany_Lions_Logo.jpg

All the way! I really like their chances this year, the D is great, the receivers and backs are outstanding, and if the QB is half of what is said about him we're top ten for sure.

Well, I hope you win this weekend. But I'm not sure you can tell all of that after a match up with Akron. Alot of football to be played before we really know who the good teams are this year.

Blue Room said:

Well, I hope you win this weekend. But I'm not sure you can tell all of that after a match up with Akron. Alot of football to be played before we really know who the good teams are this year.

:up: I agree with that. I'm still unsure about a lot of things.

Notre Dame seemed to struggle with Georgia Tech, so I think Penn State has a chance. I'll definitely be cheering for them. Morelli looked pretty good for his first game, especially that first long bomb for the first score of the game. The o-line needs to get better, though, because I don't think they can keep winning if Tony Hunt isn't getting more yards per game.

Penn State got robbed in the rankings this year, too. :mad:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Notre Dame seemed to struggle with Georgia Tech, so I think Penn State has a chance.

Penn State got robbed in the rankings this year, too. :mad:
And who in the hell put CAL #9 ??????

How about last nights game; UK vs. Louisville ... the announcer mentioned that the starters should be given the night off after building up a lead; next quarter, Louisville RB Michael Bush breaks his leg in two places and is gone!!! :yikes:

kellyahern said:

Weird that this time, we actually won by a field goal - we're always supposed to lose to Miami because of a field goal :lol:.

What was FSU's rushing total at the end? I turned it off at halftime when it was 0 yards :reject:.

I think it was a combined 5 yards for both teams, some sick number like that.

It was a nasty game to watch, but still great they won! :rockon:

kellyahern said:

So that's why he picked Miami last night :hmm:. And I was all set to be mad at him for being a traitor :shifty: :wink:.

:laugh: Yeah, if Lee likes your team you are in trouble! None of the prognosticator "experts" like my team this year and I like that!

inmyplace13 said:

:angry:

Seriously, though, are you actually coming down here?

Yeah, I'll be there. They're estimating about 35,000 to 45,000 OSU fans will be in Austin this weekend.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I think it was a combined 5 yards for both teams, some sick number like that.

It was a nasty game to watch, but still great they won! :rockon:

It was 3 combined rushing yards which is stunning. I have no idea what to make of FSU. If ever there was a game where you could not gage where a team was at, it was this one.

ESPN must be kicking themselves after playing the ugliest game of the last couple of years on three of thier channels and from a hundred different angles.

FSU - Miami games are always ugly, this year was really no different.

Only that FSU won by a field goal, which is like Bizarro FSU.

U2ME3 said:

Yeah, I'll be there. They're estimating about 35,000 to 45,000 OSU fans will be in Austin this weekend.

Yeah, I hear they've got Stubb's (my favorite restaurant) and the Erwin Center rented out throughout the weekend. Ought to be a good time for yous guys.

I'll be tailgating outside the Texas History Museum from about 10 am Saturday to game time (part of Rookie Week for this group I'm trying to join called Hellraisers), so it ought to be a good time for us guys as well.

Back
Top Bottom