College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
Texas bites the dust versus an overenergetic KSU

Sorry we lost our legitimate Heisman candidate quarterback after the first drive.

I guarantee had Colt been in, we would have won. The BCS is bullshit and it makes me sick that we will lose our shot at a repeat title because our quarterback got hurt in a game against a barely bowl eligible team.

Snead suck and he's an idiot. The people I know around campus that know him say he's a complete dumbass. They say the opposite about Colt (try me, I know people who live only a few doors down from him) and that makes all the difference. Our record setting, redshirt freshman bad ass quarterback was hurt and that's the only reason K State won.

inmyplace13 said:

Sorry we lost our legitimate Heisman candidate quarterback after the first drive.

I guarantee had Colt been in, we would have won. The BCS is bullshit and it makes me sick that we will lose our shot at a repeat title because our quarterback got hurt in a game against a barely bowl eligible team.

Snead suck and he's an idiot. The people I know around campus that know him say he's a complete dumbass. They say the opposite about Colt (try me, I know people who live only a few doors down from him) and that makes all the difference. Our record setting, redshirt freshman bad ass quarterback was hurt and that's the only reason K State won.

You're not going to win many games when you give up 45.

Sorry to see Texas lose though. I really enjoyed the few days I spent in Austin to see the Buckeye game this year. Great city, great fans. With McCoy around for a few more years, I would bet we'll see Texas playing for another championship sooner rather than later.

inmyplace13 said:

I guarantee had Colt been in, we would have won.

Does Colt play defense ?

inmyplace13 said:

Our record setting, redshirt freshman bad ass quarterback was hurt and that's the only reason K State won.

That, and K-State's 45 points !

No serious contender for a National Championship can be giving away 45 points to an unranked team.

toscano said:

Does Colt play defense ?

No, but when he's on offense, he doesn't have them going 3 and out each time, resulting in a tired defense. The secondary is spotty enough as it is, it's worse when they don't get to rest their asses once in awhile.

It's amazing to me that McCoy vs. Snead was even a debate before the season started.

U2ME3 said:

Sorry to see Texas lose though. I really enjoyed the few days I spent in Austin to see the Buckeye game this year. Great city, great fans. With McCoy around for a few more years, I would bet we'll see Texas playing for another championship sooner rather than later.

Thank you, and we enjoyed you guys coming down here. The Buckeyes fans that I encountered were all pretty classy people. And yeah, I know the best is yet to come because we've got at least two more years of Colt, but all the pieces were falling into place to make a run this year and now, if we go on to win the Big 12 like we should, we'll be in the Fiesta Bowl playing Boise State. Boise State is a lose/lose situation. If we lose to them, it's just god awful. If we win, it proves nothing.

Mack Brown makes a living off of 10-2 seasons.

Last edited:
But 45 points?! Come on. 45 points is unforgivable starting QB or no starting QB.

The back-up QB managed to lead the offense to 35 points. I don't care how many 3 & outs a team has. 42 points is good enough to win almost any game.

inmyplace13 said:

No, but when he's on offense, he doesn't have them going 3 and out each time, resulting in a tired defense. The secondary is spotty enough as it is, it's worse when they don't get to rest their asses once in awhile.

They had exactly 2 3-and-outs

How bout Penn State beating up on Temple? The Nittany Lions are on fire! And they did it without JoePa! Who could've seen it coming?

:|

WildHoneyAlways said:
But 45 points?! Come on. 45 points is unforgivable starting QB or no starting QB.

The back-up QB managed to lead the offense to 35 points. I don't care how many 3 & outs a team has. 42 points is good enough to win almost any game.

I have to agree, this was my impression of it as well. If you are the #4 team in the country and you put 42 points on the board. Playing an unranked opponent that should be enough to win, period. I would look more at your defense and special teams versus blaming the #2 QB.

U2ME3 said:
1338775671_m.jpg

In Tressel We Trust :rockon:

Clark W. Griswold said:

1986 was my freshman year at PSU. The Rutgers game was the first game I attended as a student, so he probably was on the field that day. I'm sorry if hit him with a marshmellow. Ah the good ole days....
He played at about 270lbs, so I doubt the marshmallow bothered him. :wink:

Well things went nicely for RU Saturday, the lone exception being South Carolina's kicking woes costing them the upset of Fla.

But if they win out (still a huge if, they face a possible letdown scenario this week vs Cinn and real difficult game 12/2 at W. VA), they may actually get to the title game. The computer actually has them at #2 (higher than Ohio State, Mich is #1 in Computer Rankings) and a win at West VA will only help them.

There are 5 teams ahead of them in the BCS standings, 4 of them square off before season's end, guaranteeing 2 teams above them will lose. They still need help, but basically if they win out, hope for Cal to beat USC, then USC to beat ND, and FSU to shock FLA (this year it'd be a shock), ARK to lose to LSU or lose the SEC title game and finally the OSU/Mich game needs to be a route so there is no talk of a rematch.

Still a longshot, but much closer to reality than it was a few days ago.
It would set the BCS on its ear...lets hope.

rutgers could be the best thing to ever happen to college football...

if rutgere somehow gets into the national championship game against, say ohio state... and they proceed to get their asses completely handed to them... it could actually help the prospects of a playoff system.

there is no playoff because all the NCAA and the schools and the corporations care about is money from bowl games. but if a smaller school gets in, ratings are low, and the game is a blowout while michigan or notre dame or usc looks dominating in their respective bowl games...

no one in the BCS is going to shed a tear for Rutgers if they don't get into the title game... but they will shed a tear if the computer puts htem in, they get killed, the ratings get killed, and their wallets get killed.

then one of two things happen... they devise a playoff system, or they just tweek the computer again so that strength of schedule weighs heavier... they'll probably do choice B, but a man can dream.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and say I was irrational the past few days. Apologies for that.

Yes, the pass defense is atrocious and teams like that should never score in the 40's. I'll agree with that. I do think that Colt would have at least helped Texas outscore K State. He wouldn't have got sacked all those times, most likely, because he's actually got pocket presence. He also wouldn't be throwing over receivers' heads on 3rd and long.

Fiesta Bowl or bust.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

there is no playoff because all the NCAA and the schools and the corporations care about is money from bowl games. but if a smaller school gets in, ratings are low, and the game is a blowout while michigan or notre dame or usc looks dominating in their respective bowl games...

You're right, that is part of it. But thats not all of it. The other part is the smaller to mid range schools don't really want it either. Michigan ran into something similiar this past year when the 12th game was added. Michigan's AD proposed that all the Big 10 teams play each other. Makes sense, then there is a true Big 10 champ. (IE we would have seen Ohio State play Wisconsin, would have been interesting this year) The mid range to lower end Big 10 teams wanted no part of it. The reason? Because they wanted to be able to schedule some patsies to build their record so they could get to a bowl game. You go to a playoff system, you will have 16 teams most likely at the most making it. The new measuring stick for success would be getting into the playoff. Sort of like getting into the tournament is in College basketball now. Difference being only 16 would make it. Makes it alot harder to make the alumni happy.

Blue Room said:

My team is Michigan and I didnt go to school there either. But I grew up in Ann Arbor and my family has had season tickets since the 60's (we even kept them when we lived out of state). So I can understand your perspective as I grew up a Michigan fan.

We have Oregon coming in next year. I'm not looking forward to that one either. Just make sure you guys beat Notre Dame this year! :laugh: I'm not sure about Michigan yet, defense looks good, but they were playing Vandy so its hard to say.

I lived in A2 and whent to school there for 8 years. I bleed blue thru and thru. It looks like the rest of the U.S. feels we won't win. I hope we show them.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!:mad:

gherman said:

I lived in A2 and whent to school there for 8 years. I bleed blue thru and thru. It looks like the rest of the U.S. feels we won't win. I hope we show them.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!:mad:

I think thats actually perfect. When Michigan goes in as an underdog and no one thinks they can win, they typically play very well. Remember the ND game this year? Everyone was hailing Charlie Weis as the 2nd coming and Michigan might as well not show up. OSU is obviously a better team than ND, but I like Michigan's chances. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched, so its anyones game. Probably will come down to a few breaks, whoever gets them or the most, wins.

Blue Room said:

I think thats actually perfect. When Michigan goes in as an underdog and no one thinks they can win, they typically play very well. Remember the ND game this year? Everyone was hailing Charlie Weis as the 2nd coming and Michigan might as well not show up. OSU is obviously a better team than ND, but I like Michigan's chances. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched, so its anyones game. Probably will come down to a few breaks, whoever gets them or the most, wins.

There are two games a year that Michigan plays that it really doesn't matter who is the "better" team in my opinion. That is Michigan State and OSU. What happens before those games for those teams doesn't matter. It is a whole new season when those games are played. I love it to when others doubt UofM because they just play harder. Sorry for the language but "FUCK OSU!!!!" I hate them and I hope we win. :mad:

gherman said:

There are two games a year that Michigan plays that it really doesn't matter who is the "better" team in my opinion. That is Michigan State and OSU. What happens before those games for those teams doesn't matter. It is a whole new season when those games are played. I love it to when others doubt UofM because they just play harder. Sorry for the language but "FUCK OSU!!!!" I hate them and I hope we win. :mad:

:lol:

OSU does not need doubters to have them play harder. They play hard EVERY game. If tsun needs that motivation, so be it.

One thing that is for certain is that Coach Tressel will have his team ready this Saturday. Hope LLLLoyd does the same.

Hewson said:
OSU 31
Mich 13

Wow! I like how you think but do you believe OSU will score any defense or special teams touchdowns to get to 31?

Back
Top Bottom