College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree; USC has been mechanical about their work but they just don't have that X-factor that can lead to a big win over a big team...and, I'm not really sure that Notre Dame is as strong as claimed...UCLA took ND to the end and they're a weak 6-5 team...I don't know, if 'SC can stay focused and play 4th qtr. ball throughout the game, it might show SC's strength...otherise, OSU vs. Mich. SC vs. Florida, ND vs. Ark....how about that?

OSU vs. Mich. SC vs. Florida, ND vs. Ark....how about that?

those teams in a playoff would be pretty sweet :wink:

Michigan is still #2 in the AP poll

Mr. BAW said:
I agree; USC has been mechanical about their work but they just don't have that X-factor that can lead to a big win over a big team...and, I'm not really sure that Notre Dame is as strong as claimed...UCLA took ND to the end and they're a weak 6-5 team...I don't know, if 'SC can stay focused and play 4th qtr. ball throughout the game, it might show SC's strength...otherise, OSU vs. Mich. SC vs. Florida, ND vs. Ark....how about that?

Notre Dame is not as strong as claimed (by NBC and much of the national media). They just suck. Period.

Also, Michigan handed Wisconsin (#9-10ish) its only loss of the season.

The only legitimate contenders for the BCS championship berth, in my opinion, are Michigan, USC and Boise State (assuming the last two teams win out).

(No, really, USC lost to Oregon State 33-31. Boise State is undefeated and beat Oregon State 42-14. Score chains are fun!)

Last edited:
Bowl Champ. Series - 11/19/06

Here it is...no major changes, SC bumped up one..

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Arkansas
7. West Virginia
8. Wisconsin
9. Louisville
10. LSU
11. Boise State
12. Auburn
13. Texas
14. Rutgers
15. Oklahoma
16. Georgia Tech
17. Virginia Tech
18. Boston College
19. California
20. Tennessee
21. Wake Forest
22. Nebraska
23. Brigham Young
24. Clemson
25. Penn State

kellyahern said:

Btw LemonMacPhisto, Stephen Colbert said he could not take the job, but that he was "willing to not do the job for … $100,000 a year." :wink:

Like Jeff, so there's really no difference there.

Oh a 28-20 score to Western Michigan overwhelms me with joy.

:sigh:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Like Jeff, so there's really no difference there.

Oh a 28-20 score to Western Michigan overwhelms me with joy.

:sigh:

Respect the Broncos. They beat Virginia, who beat NC State, who beat BC, who beat Virginia Tech, who beat Cincinnati, who beat Rutgers, who beat Louisvile, who beat Kansas State, who beat Texas, who beat Oklahoma, who beat Washington, who beat UCLA, who beat Arizona, who beat Washington State, who beat Oregon State, who beat USC. Why is nobody mentioning them as a contender for the National Championship?

Addendum: I'd like to throw in a plug for my own alma mater:

Harvard > Cornell > Princeton > Lehigh > Villanova > James Madison > New Hampshire> Northwestern > Iowa > Montana > Montana State > Portland State > New Mexico > Texas-El Paso > Tulane > Rice > Tulsa > Navy > UConn > Indiana > Western Michigan > Virginia > NC State > Boston College > Virginia Tech > Cincinnati > Rutgers > Louisville > Kansas State > Texas > Oklahoma > Washington > UCLA > Oregon State > USC > Arkansas > Auburn > Florida

Mr. BAW said:
Bowl Champ. Series - 11/19/06

Here it is...no major changes, SC bumped up one..

14. Rutgers
Well a drop from 6 to 14 is major.
The classic letdown...couldn't handle success...and the bastards cost me 50% share of $500 on a football card, 6 winners (BC, USC, UCLA, Louisville, Tennesee and Kansas) and Rutgers...oh well at least RU was my partner's pick.

So it looks like the AP has set the rematch up...I wonder if Michigan hadn't slipped in the late score and lost by 11 if they'd have dropped one more slot and given USC a shot at OSU( assuming USC wins out, not a given).

Rematch...yay...not.

Michigan barely leads USC in the BCS

If USC beats ND and UCLA they should jump Michigan in the standings

speedracer said:
Addendum: I'd like to throw in a plug for my own alma mater:

Harvard > Cornell > Princeton > Lehigh > Villanova > James Madison > New Hampshire> Northwestern > Iowa > Montana > Montana State > Portland State > New Mexico > Texas-El Paso > Tulane > Rice > Tulsa > Navy > UConn > Indiana > Western Michigan > Virginia > NC State > Boston College > Virginia Tech > Cincinnati > Rutgers > Louisville > Kansas State > Texas > Oklahoma > Washington > UCLA > Oregon State > USC > Arkansas > Auburn > Florida
They'd still only be #3 in the BCS.

My Alma Mater is hosting a 1-AA playoff game Saturday after a one loss season, a single point loss to Navy and Navy cheated, they put an aircraft carier on the goal line making it hard for the opponent to score.

Go UMass. :wink:

Hewson said:
UCLA is gonna take them down.

This is what we were all hoping and praying for last year, and it didn't turn out so well.

USC is way weaker than last year, but UCLA has fallen even farther down.

Hope to see a repeat of this picture. Love the Rome quote.

Don't care who OSU plays. I'll take my chances.

tressromequote1xj2.png

Well played Ohio State fans.

I can't remember the last time I had that much fun (read: Beer). Great game. Terrible loss. Lots of beer. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I'm not for a rematch, but those are certainly the top 2 teams in the country.

Dalton said:
I'm not for a rematch, but those are certainly the top 2 teams in the country.

I don't understand why people say this. Shouldn't a championship game feature the top 2 teams in the country?

Chizip said:

I don't understand why people say this. Shouldn't a championship game feature the top 2 teams in the country?

It should, but those teams have already played obviously. As a Michigan fan I can understand why alot of people are saying it. Because deep down we would like to see a rematch at a neutral site but know the odds of it are slim. It comes down to Michigan had their shot and basically blew it. I think Michigan is the 2nd best team but a team like USC if they do win out probably deserves a shot at it, since Michigan had theirs already. Maybe even Florida deserves a shot if they win out (although I have watched some of their games and I dont think they are even close to USC, but they play in a tough conference). If USC and Florida both lose another game, then Michigan should get another shot. Otherwise I dont think they really deserve it. On to the Rose Bowl, finish the year 12-1 (after going 7-5) and get ready for another run next year. They have the team coming back to have a shot at it. At least we dont have to worry about them facing off against Rutgers. That was exposed for the joke it was this weekend at least.

Last edited:
Chizip said:

It is. What would really screw Michigan over is if some human pollsters start voting them #4 or #5 because they believe that "Michigan had their chance already". That is not supposed to be taken into consideration when the ballots are filled out -- pollsters aren't supposed to game the system -- but what can you do.

USC might be as good as or better than Michigan (I really don't think any of the other teams are close). But if you rely on the "they already had their chance" theory, then you have to ask if USC blew their chance by losing to an unranked Oregon State team.

speedracer said:

USC might be as good as or better than Michigan (I really don't think any of the other teams are close). But if you rely on the "they already had their chance" theory, then you have to ask if USC blew their chance by losing to an unranked Oregon State team.

I dont think they are better than Michigan. Actually the theory is that IF USC wins out they will have alot of quality wins.

Cal
ND
UCLA
Nebraska
Oregon
Arkansas (crushed them)

and that will vault them over in Michigan in the computers because obviously Michigan is still #2 currently in the BCS.

VertigoGal said:
I'm really looking forward to watching USC destroy Notre Dame.
:up:

I think you may be right on that one. Its a tough game for me. I hate ND, but if they somehow beat USC, it would give Michigan a great shot at the title game. While I would love to see the rematch and like Michigans chances on a nuetral site. I think it would still be anybodies game. The thought of losing to the Buckeyes twice in the same year isnt very appealing. :laugh: I also think Michigan already had their shot to be there as I indicated previously.

I just hope Michigan faces a decent team in the Rose Bowl. If someone like Rutgers or Boise State goes that will stink and will be a huge joke. Its a no win for Michigan in that scenario. They are suppose to win, BIG. Then if its a close game they look bad even if they do win. If they absolutely destroy the opponent its not a big deal either as they were suppose to.

Back
Top Bottom