Coldplay's 'Fix You' video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 didn't invent videos, but you can tell from earlier ones, they didn't quite know what to do in them.

If you've ever seen it "A Celebration," it's madness, U2 running around a jail, oh and the special effects of the day, lol!

I think it was Adam who said, ye know, at least Coldplay admit to being influenced by U2. Some bands wouldn't or don't, it's "not cool" or whatever.

Even the Beatles didn't invent music videos, they copied or borrowed from others too, rock music wasn't even started in England.

I'm just wondering, where'd Adam get the idea to put a Fender Jazz neck on a Fender Precision bass?

I didn't think that could be done actually.

I'd much rather see bands respect U2 rather than bash them.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, yadda yadda.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the new video and this is the first I've heard that Fix You is the new single.

A shame, one of my least liked tracks on the album, and it won't get anyone new into Coldplay. SHould have released TALK!

I saw it for the first time last night and I liked it. As the man said, it's slow at first and then it takes off. Even if they were on stage it would've been all Chris for the first half.

Anyway Chris walks very well! :lol:

I like the vid and the song:up:

I like the song, i hate the video.

There's no creativity to it at all, and it's just like ALL of their other videos.

I think it's a naff song too, and I don't care at all for any videos. Worst song off a album that suffers because their other two were so good, it's by no means a horrible album, just not as good as the first two. If AROBTTH was their Joshua Tree, I was hoping for a more Achtung Baby, rocked up style of album, but they went the other way instead. Low is a good example of the sort of song I was hoping for, something in the Crests Of Waves / 1.36 vein.

However, far, far more importantly - I AM IN THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, now suddenly I have people stopping me in the streets asking if I'm that guy from the new Coldplay video (although most seem to think I'm the bassist as no-one knows what the other 3 look like). Having waited outside in the pouring, lashing rain since 9am and nearly being carried away by the medics at the front, it was a well deserved starring role by me I thinks.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling now.

Back
Top Bottom