Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Keep Talking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine. I don't know what any of you hipster doofuses expect from the band whose first big single was 'Yellow'. Stop being pretentious asses. Complaining that a Coldplay song is "cheesy" is like complaining that American Idol's new winner doesn't write their own music. No shit, Sherlock. Welcome to years and years ago.

Not liking a song by a band that I enjoy a great deal makes me a pretentious ass?

With Coldplay, on this message board, there seems to be two extreme sides. Either you love the band, and everyone else is a hipster doofus for not liking them, or you loathe the band and can't take anything they do seriously because at the end of the day Chris Martin has a Bono-Complex.

Whatever, I don't give a shit. I like the band, I am NOT impressed by this song. I'm a little disappointed, but I am by no means any less excited for their new album.

u2popmofo said:
It's fine. I don't know what any of you hipster doofuses expect from the band whose first big single was 'Yellow'. Stop being pretentious asses. Complaining that a Coldplay song is "cheesy" is like complaining that American Idol's new winner doesn't write their own music. No shit, Sherlock. Welcome to years and years ago.

I somewhat agree with this post, but you a) are being kind of a Utahn asshole in return and b) chose the incorrect Coldplay song as an example. I don't believe Coldplay has always been this absurd: I love Parachutes in general because it ISN'T bombastic like this new bullshit. In My Place, Fix You, Speed of Sound and Viva La Vida would have all been better examples their sky-scraping, panty-flinging absurdity. Plus, like Cobbler said, this track takes it to greater degrees than ever before, which does matter. Laz laughed harder than he normally would have.

u2popmofo said:

:heart:

39L

Also, according to Setlist.fm, it appears they played seven new songs (counting ETIAW) tonight.
Coldplay Concert Setlist at Rock im Park, Nuremberg on June 3, 2011 | setlist.fm

It's basically an uptempo Strawberry Swing. Sweet and catchy, but not the most memorable song on the album. The drum track is really uninspiring. That said, I still think it'll be huge live.

It's basically an uptempo Strawberry Swing. Sweet and catchy, but not the most memorable song on the album. The drum track is really uninspiring. That said, I still think it'll be huge live.

Yeah, that was also my opinion when I heard the new song. It's kinda meh to me. I hope the new material won't be another X&Y. They had a nice rebound with Viva La Vida... but they need to show that X&Y was an uncharacteristic dip, not the start of a decline.

Strawberry Swing is the best song on Viva La Vida.

I don't agree with that opinion, but irrespective of that, that doesn't mean that it needs a remake. Just like Clocks was maybe the best song on A Rush Of Blood To The Head, but that doesn't mean they needed to do a bland remake as a lead-off single for their next record.

Magnificent the song or magnificent the adjective?

"Magnificent" the U2 song kinda sucks so, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom