Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Keep Talking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, I'm slightly tempted to dl the EP since I know they'll be playing tracks from it on Saturday. I still won't though. I hate going to shows where they play a high number of songs you haven't heard before that you'd enjoy much more if you at least knew what they were. Oh wellz.

yeah, it's stale cause the same old anti-Chris Martin jealousy/prejudice/tall poppy syndrome always prevails.....

No downloading 4 mii.

If it ends up streaming somewhere before tomorrow night though, someone please tell me!

Delete the remixes and you've got a pretty killer EP.

"Life in Technicolor ii" is pretty good, but I prefer the instrumental.

"Postcards from Far Away" - Gorgeous.

"Glass of Water" - I prefer restrained Coldplay to bombastic Coldplay, but this chorus is very good. I like this song more each time I listen to it. The loudness, the epicness of that chorus doesn't seem forced in this one. Which is a step in the right direction for them. The coda should have lasted longer.

"Rainy Day" - This one is an oddball. I like the effects on the vocals. It's a pretty ambitious song (for them). The strings in the chorus are beautiful.

"Prospekt's March" - This will be one of my favorite Coldplay songs ever. A great example of the restraint I think serves them well. Plaintive and beautiful. The "Poppyfields" coda is great too, although muted and brief.

"Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground" - More restraint, more good results. The horns add a lot.

I'm tremendously happy with this EP. After the album and now with this, I can safely say they put together a good body of work this year when they desperately needed it.

Delete the remixes and you've got a pretty killer EP.

"Life in Technicolor ii" is pretty good, but I prefer the instrumental.

"Postcards from Far Away" - Gorgeous.

"Glass of Water" - I prefer restrained Coldplay to bombastic Coldplay, but this chorus is very good. I like this song more each time I listen to it. The loudness, the epicness of that chorus doesn't seem forced in this one. Which is a step in the right direction for them. The coda should have lasted longer.

"Rainy Day" - This one is an oddball. I like the effects on the vocals. It's a pretty ambitious song (for them). The strings in the chorus are beautiful.

"Prospekt's March" - This will be one of my favorite Coldplay songs ever. A great example of the restraint I think serves them well. Plaintive and beautiful. The "Poppyfields" coda is great too, although muted and brief.

"Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground" - More restraint, more good results. The horns add a lot.

I'm tremendously happy with this EP. After the album and now with this, I can safely say they put together a good body of work this year when they desperately needed it.

I agree with all of this and not to start with comparisons but Postcards from Far Away is Coldplay's Faust ARP, awesome song which needs to be 2 to 3 times longer...

Alright, yes, this is a lovely little EP. I'm down with it.

Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground reminds me of 'Til Kingdom Come...and that's a very good thing. Glass of Water, Rainy Day, and Prospekt's March are all goodies and seem like they'll probably only get better with more listens.

Cracking work C'Play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom