Coldplay on strike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:
The strike has begun!

11888.jpg

chrismartin.jpg

Wow, who's your friend in 2010 that sends stuff to you from the future?

I'm looking forward to hearing this album... I hope their troubles with EMI settle soon.

it's amazing how funny some people think they are...

Frankly I'm just looking forward to a Coldplay album with some competant production.

The only thing they came up with on X&Y was drumming on coffee mugs. Come on, guys :|

Dorian Gray said:
I'm looking forward to hearing this album... I hope their troubles with EMI settle soon.

it's amazing how funny some people think they are...

read in the guardian, maybe it was the times today how emi plans on restructuring. included are around 2-3000 redundancies. unreal.

i don't think it's coldplay who need to get their shit together, i think it's emi. guy hands or whatever his name is sounds like an absolute monster.

I think it's really sad. I worked at EMI for 4-5 years. Great people, great company. The "evil record company" stereotype is for the most part complete and total bullshit. It ignores 99% of the typical employees of a company like that, and about 98% of the companies work. I think the next round of ownership of record co's will be like this. Equity companies who will search only for the dollar and destroy everything that doesn't earn it quickly, or IT/communications companies who will just use and abuse them as the bright, flashing lights that attract the moths. The end of these companies won't come from them failing to find a way to make money from the new music world, it will come from this new wave of owners knowing exactly where the money is to be made. Protection of the artists rights, development of anything thats even a little left field and knowingly doesn't stand a chance of selling a mint - gone. Fucking gone.

I'm really looking forward to the record but I think the title of it is a bit crap. I can think of a few nu-metal/post-grunge bands that could go on strike though.

Slipstream said:
I'm really looking forward to the record but I think the title of it is a bit crap. I can think of a few nu-metal/post-grunge bands that could go on strike though.

Politik :drool: :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

See, now "Politik" wasn't all that bad for a song title.

Prospekt, on the other hand... I have this horrific vision in my head of Chris Martin looking into a camera and saying "prospekt, yo."

^he he

Apparently the last song on the record is called "Prospekt's March".

Me thinks this song, and a couple others on the album, has a whole military thing about it.

GibsonGirl said:

See, now "Politik" wasn't all that bad for a song title.

Prospekt, on the other hand... I have this horrific vision in my head of Chris Martin looking into a camera and saying "prospekt, yo."

see GG, you do like coldplay :wink:

Zoomerang96 said:

read in the guardian, maybe it was the times today how emi plans on restructuring. included are around 2-3000 redundancies. unreal.

i don't think it's coldplay who need to get their shit together, i think it's emi. guy hands or whatever his name is sounds like an absolute monster.

what happened to the rumours/news that they were selling off their catalogue and folding?

‘Famous Old Painters’
‘Glass Of Water’
‘Lost!’
‘Cemeteries of London’
‘Violet Hill’
‘Poppy Fields’
‘42’
‘Yes!’
‘Leftrightleftright’
‘Rainy Day’
‘Prospeckt's March’

comes out on may 19!!!!!!

sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!
coldplay!!!!!

its probably going to be named propekt!

monke said:
‘Famous Old Painters’
‘Glass Of Water’
‘Lost!’
‘Cemeteries of London’
‘Violet Hill’
‘Poppy Fields’
‘42’
‘Yes!’
‘Leftrightleftright’
‘Rainy Day’
‘Prospeckt's March’

sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!
coldplay!!!!!

so its like a war theme :eyebrow:

monke said:
‘Famous Old Painters’
‘Glass Of Water’
‘Lost!’
‘Cemeteries of London’
‘Violet Hill’
‘Poppy Fields’
‘42’
‘Yes!’
‘Leftrightleftright’
‘Rainy Day’
‘Prospeckt's March’

sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!
coldplay!!!!!

So, where'd you get the info?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

right... 'cause with all the idiocy on this forum, my post just pushes it over the top.

just asking dude.. trying to keep this on topic.

is that the official tracklisting? definitely getting a war vibe from the titles.. funny, that's not something I picture them pulling off well. hoping I'm wrong

Those song titles don't excite me very much, but who knows, maybe they'll be good songs.

Back
Top Bottom