Coldplay News via Billboard.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Coldplay Taking 'Blood' To Clubs, Arenas

coldplay2.gif

U.K. rock outfit Coldplay has unveiled details for a U.S. club tour in August and a U.K. arena tour in October. The U.S. dates begin Aug. 6 in Boston and wrap Aug. 20 in Los Angeles, while the U.K. dates get underway Oct. 4 in Glasgow and wrap Oct. 23 in Belfast. Tickets for these shows will be available in advance to registered members of Coldplay's official Web site.

The shows come in support of the group's hotly anticipated sophomore Parlophone/Capitol album, "A Rush of Blood to the Head," due Aug. 27. First single "In My Place" is already getting significant airplay on such U.S. rock radio outlets as KFSD San Diego, WHFS Washington, D.C., and WOXY Cincinnati. Two editions of a commercial single for the track, each with different B-sides, will be released Aug. 5 internationally.

Before the album's release, Coldplay has a handful of European festival and headlining appearances on tap, beginning tonight (July 2) in Stockholm.

Here are Coldplay's tour dates:

July 2: Stockholm (Gota Kallare)
July 3: Odense, Denmark (Midtfyns Festival)
July 5: Amsterdam (Melkweg)
July 7: Rome (Valle Giulia)
July 9: Hamburg, Germany (Grosse Freheit 36)
July 12: Oslo (Rockefeller Music Hall)
Aug. 6: Boston (Paradise)
Aug. 7: Philadelphia (TLA)
Aug. 10: Washington, D.C. (9:30 Club)
Aug. 12: New York (Bowery Ballroom)
Aug. 14: Minneapolis (1st Avenue)
Aug. 18: San Francisco (Bimbo's)
Aug. 20: Los Angeles (El Rey Theatre)
Aug. 27: Paris (Olympia)
Oct. 4: Glasgow (SECC)
Oct. 5: Newcastle, England (Telewest Arena)
Oct. 7: Birmingham, England (N.I.A.)
Oct. 8: Nottingham, England (Arena)
Oct. 11: Manchester, England (Evening News Arena)
Oct. 14: Brighton, England (Brighton Centre)
Oct. 15: Bournemouth, England (International Center)
Oct. 17: Plymouth, England (Pavilions)
Oct. 18: Port Talbot, Wales (Afan Lido)
Oct. 20: London (Wembley Arena)
Oct. 23: Belfast, Ireland (Odyssey Arena)

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Re: yeah!!!!

zonelistener said:
Megannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnieeeeeeeeeeee -

What's the $2 MTV2 thing in Chicago, and how do I get tickets.

You just have to keep watching the MTV2 site and having people in Chicago keep you informed about what's said on the radio, in the local papers, etc. MTV is notoriously bad at organization. They had the Hives in Baltimore and didn't announce it or where to get tickets until a week before, and it was just insanely impossible to get tickets. I just found out about this one by overhearing other people when I was waiting in line at Doves and Elbow (it pays to be quiet! :mac: ) I doubt I'll know anything else ahead of time, but if I do, I'll post it here.

DiGi said:

Can't wait for this show! Its going to be awesome imo

:yes: But I probably won't see Coldplay because if Ash opens, I will probably try to jump onto the stage to hug DMH (the bass player :heart: ) when they play "Burn, Baby, Burn." And then I will be kicked out. ;)

(Seriously, even if I were VERY drunk, I would never do that. So just in case some girl DOES jump on stage, it isn't me.)

meegannie said:

:yes: But I probably won't see Coldplay because if Ash opens, I will probably try to jump onto the stage to hug DMH (the bass player :heart: ) when they play "Burn, Baby, Burn." And then I will be kicked out. ;)

(Seriously, even if I were VERY drunk, I would never do that. So just in case some girl DOES jump on stage, it isn't me.)

Never underestimate the power of alcohol ;-)

Damn! There isn't a date near where I live... I would nearly fly to see these guys.... but not quite yet. lol Only U2 get the honours. I was lucky to see them twice last year... so hopefully they'll add some more dates to the tour after the album is released and I'll get to see them again!!

Strange how they are touring so much prior to the album's release. :huh:

Coldplay tour- Uk And US

Thank you to mr desert sky for this info

it says Coldplay will be playing a series of small club dates in the US in August. Tickets for these dates will all be available exclusively through coldplay.com

And they r playing in the UK and they are coming to the Odyssey wooooohooooooo *BV hopes she meets them again* :D

No probs Bono-vox. :) Anyone in the UK can get the tickets from Wayahead.com. If anyone is going to the Plymouth Pavilions show then let me know! :wink:

I did not get the email either.

Found this on the Coldplay message board this morning

Hello All

Sorry the email system seems to be very slow for some reason so you should get the email very soon but if you don't then please email me your email address and I will send you it personally just in case.

Email it info@outsideline.co.uk

Thanks
ant

a friend got this from a coldplay message board

The Coldplay August US club tour goes on sale tomorrow Tuesday July 9th at 1pm (EST)

Tickets for all the shows are available exclusively to all coldplay.com registered members for the first 24 hours from the on sale date and then they will be made public on the site.

meegannie said:

We definitely should meet up. Jkayet will be there, and hopefully Zonelistener as well. Yay! :D
Yay! :D Can't wait...I welcome cohorts to aid in holding meegannie back during Ash too.;) On second thought, I might join in on the stage rushing...

meegannie said:

We definitely should meet up. Jkayet will be there, and hopefully Zonelistener as well. Yay! :D

Indeed! Elizabeth and her husband (good friends of mine) will be at this show as well. Could be an interference night at the 9:30

I bought Ed H tickets today as well.

DiGi said:

Indeed! Elizabeth and her husband (good friends of mine) will be at this show as well. Could be an interference night at the 9:30

Great! Is this Elizabeth with the Adam pants?

I bought Ed H tickets today as well.

ED!! THAT will be the show when I need to be held back! :|

or else god have mercy on their souls.

i'm very jealous of this interference coldplay party. i better get those damn mtv2 tix for chicago.

Back
Top Bottom