Coldplay is in fact not the "next U2' The...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rythemwire

The Fly
WALKMEN are!!!! the front guy sounds EXSACTLY LIKE BONO WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER I got there cd IT SOUNDS LIKE A MIXTURE BETWEEN WAR&POP IT IS SIMPLY AMAZING GO OUT AND GET THEIR CD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! THEY ARE IN FACT THE CLOSEST THING TO OUR BELOVED U2 AND THEIR BEAUIFUL.:yes: :love: :heart:

holy crap. My friend is in a band called Titan Moon, and they have just been hanging out and playing a bit with The Walkmen. He just told me about them last night and said they were really good. Kind of early U2 sounding he said. I will check them out immediately.

Glad you like them.....I remember not long ago you were searching for who they were
I have the album too and recommend it, although Im not sure if I buy into the U2 similarities....

regardless, its good stuff, enjoy :wink:

i heard one song. i forgot the title. i liked it. it really sounded like bono and really didn't at the same time though...

lol. ummm...why would I want a band that was lame enough to be a copycat band? :p ;)

in any case, if i get a chance I will listen. most likely won't happen for a few months tho. I'm stuck on a mountain.

elevatedmole said:
What song(s?) would be the best to download first? I would download the whole album, but I have 56k, and that would take a while. :der:

get "weve been had" or "im never bored" or maybe "thats the punchline"......

i like those the best so far, i dont hear the U2 comparision much honestly....

:|

Their best song is "Wake Up."

I enjoy them quite a bit, from time to time.

Of course Coldplay isn't the next U2. There isn't a "next U2." The Walkmen sound kinda interesting though so I'll have to check them out.
*have a beautiful day*

good point about there not being a "next u2". i've heard about half the "everyone who..." album. i played "we';ve been had" on my radio show last night. i didn't like anything else on the cd...

Desire4Bono said:
Is this the band I heard about on the radio that RS called the next u2? I missed the name and I'd been wondering.

Desire4Bono, Coldplay is the band that RS dubbed "our new U2." :)

Elvis Presley said:

get "weve been had" or "im never bored" or maybe "thats the punchline"......

i like those the best so far, i dont hear the U2 comparision much honestly....

:|

Thanks. I didn't really expect any U2eyness, but I'll still check them out. :)

ZewTeeVee said:
Of course Coldplay isn't the next U2. There isn't a "next U2." The Walkmen sound kinda interesting though so I'll have to check them out.
*have a beautiful day*

Isn't that the truth. I get tired of comparisons. It's not fair. I love Coldplay, but they're not the next U2. They're Coldplay. The Walkmen are the Walkmen. And so on and so on.

People think I'm crazy for this but I honestly think Coldplay sounds a little like "Dark Side of the Moon" era Pink Floyd. :lol: :lol:

"A Whisper" sounds like Pink Floyd? That's an interesting observation. I think the title track sounds like Pink Floyd too. "Dark Side" was made before Chris Martin was even born, but I wonder if he's ever listened to that album before anyway. It's entirely possible.

The only thing about Coldplay that reminds me of U2 at all is the guitar riff from "In My Place," which sounds exactly like something the Edge might play. To me Coldplay has a completely different vibe than U2. They are much more mellow - almost mopey at times. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but calling them the next U2 is laughable. And why exactly do we need a younger U2 sound-a-like band anyway? Shouldn't younger bands be developing their own unique sound and identity, just as U2 did all those years ago?

Stereo is my fav song. Must get more of them, I forgot about them for a bit.

Coldplay's clocks sounds slightly U2ey. Dunno about the rest though.

I love Coldplay, and am even a member of their official message board. They're mellow on record, but kick some serious :censored: live. Still God knows no one can replace U2. I don't think even they like the label "next U2".

Back
Top Bottom