Coldplay fans - whats the name of this song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I heard a song on the radio today that I think was by Coldplay. At first I thought it was Dave Matthews cuz for some reason I think they sound the same. :coocoo:

Anyway I tried to remember a few of the lyrics..

Home
Home
Where I wanted to go

and

Nothing else compares

????

Thats all I can remember. This is the first song by Coldplay that I actually like so if anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about that'd be great.

I knew it would be you

ooo * goes to download to see if its that song

* edit.. actually I have it live.. lol.. someone must have uploaded it to me

* listens

Yeah the piano is really nice. For some reason it makes me think of one of those windy days with fast moving, fluffy clouds.

It's funny that you picked up on that Coldplay song, Doodle, because that was the first one of theirs that I thought sounded like it was made by a raging U2 fan (which Chris Martin has admitted to being!) :up:

Yeah I dunno what it is about this particular song. because none of their other stuff really grabs me

I think its the piano. :drool:

piano :hyper: piano :hyper: piano

Sicy said:
Yeah I dunno what it is about this particular song.

I think its the piano. :drool:

piano :hyper: piano :hyper: piano

I think "Clocks" is very reminiscent of old U2. :shrug: That's what I always think of when I hear it.

I saw the live video for "Clocks" on MTV2 yesterday. :drool:

I better take it off repeat before I get sick of it.

* considers listening to one of my coldplay boots that someone uploaded for me that I just keep on my ftp for others to download

Its my fave song on the album. I was very excited when they started playing it on the radio. :hyper:

i hope I dont get sick of it due to overplayed ness...:huh:

Sicy said:
I heard a song on the radio today that I think was by Coldplay. At first I thought it was Dave Matthews cuz for some reason I think they sound the same. :coocoo:

You're not the only :coocoo:. The first time I heard a Coldplay song ("Spies") two year ago, I thought it was Dave Matthews. :reject:

Clocks! Talk about an Echo and the Bunnymen acid trip flashback. Beautiful song. Even more beautiful album. My best purchase since All That... .

Last edited:
like DMB?
interesting......Sicy give The Scientist a listen if you like the piano from Clocks. The version from the Paris Concert that I uploaded is great in my opinion.

That Paris concert is great. Listen to it sometime, won't you? :)

Re: Re: Coldplay fans - whats the name of this song?

dizzy said:

You're not the only :coocoo:. The first time I heard a Coldplay song ("Spies") two year ago, I thought it was Dave Matthews. :reject:

I saw them first on Saturday Night Live, and I knew that wasn't Dave Matthews singing, but that's who I compared them to when I was trying to figure out who they were :shrug:

DiGi said:
like DMB?
interesting......Sicy give The Scientist a listen if you like the piano from Clocks. The version from the Paris Concert that I uploaded is great in my opinion.

So that's where it came from.

I dont care for the scientist.. but the quality of that boot is excellent

Back
Top Bottom