Coldplay concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morpheus

Babyface
Hi all.

Let me start by saying, that I absolutely LOVE U2. So much, actually, that all my friends and my family are going crazy over it...

I have been to many shows during the last 15 years, and noone else has ever come close to performing like the Irish lads.

HOWEVER - last week I went to see Coldplay perform in Denmark, and I was blown away. I like the studio versions of Coldplay?s material very much - but the live performance was very, VERY good! It?s been about 18 months since I last saw U2 in Denmark, and perhaps I don?t remember the show as vivid anymore - but (dare I say this?) I actually think, Chris Martin and the rest of Coldplay did a slightly better job!

Has anyone seen Coldplay live? What are your thoughts? I think the energy of Chris Martin is very simmilar to Bono?s - but more "real", if you know what I mean...

I can?t wait untill the next U2 show (summer 2004 is the last I?ve heard) - but maybe I?ll catch Coldplay a few more times before that...;-)

Lars.

I saw Coldplay in Belfast and it was a totally fantastic gig, one of the best I've to (ok I havent been to so many but still...)

The joint was totally jumping, Chris was on great form, as were the rest of the band and the audience responded to that. Coldplay are miles better live than they are recorded, just one of those bands. Though I do love their albums too, especially AROBTTH.

I have seen U2 in Belfast too, during the 1997 popmart tour, and of course its probably the best concert I've seen, as a spectical and musically. (Though I have to say Coldplay's support [Idlewild] were much better than U2's Ash and Howie B)
U2 do have a much bigger catalogue of material to draw on for their shows though, and Coldplay basically have to play just about every song off both cds.

But I think the atmosphere at Coldplay was incredible too, so much more intimate, we were much closer to the band and more in the thick of the fans so that made a difference too. But a tremendous experience, and I'd jump at the chance of seeing them play again (dont spend too long in the states guys!)

Back
Top Bottom