COLDPLAY - Best Band in the world?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good point, Saracene. Most of the rock bands I enjoy most have that ability to break out on stage, to let go of all restraint. I think the best rock bands have always done this, come to think of it.

No, Salome usually has the best reply in every thread. And I'm not saying this because I'm currently listening to the Beach Boys. :D

Not including U2, yes they are the best.

I saw them live here in July and the show was amazing. I can't get over it. Just yesterday I got my first Coldplay bootlegs (Madison Square Garden and Splendour In The Grass) and they are also amazing. Can't wait for the DVD.

They haven't made a radio-friendly album in a while, but Pearl Jam is a damn good band, both technically and live.

Matt Cameron is as good a drummer as you're gonna find (did more challenging stuff with Soundgarden) and Mike McCready is phenomenal on lead guitar.

I went to one of the Seattle shows before Christmas last year and was amazed at their musicianship.

If they could set aside the "we don't want to be famous" credo for once and make an approachable album again - they'd give any band a run for their money.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
CHRIS IS HOT!!!! and that is what matters when it comes to music. it is all based on looks! :wink:

It is quite strange that most of my favourite bands have a really hot singer! :laugh:

Coldplay is an awesome band, there's no doubt about that. But I don't think they're the best in the world. I would rate them in the top 10 or so, though, after #1 -U2, and # 2- the Beatles. They have a big fan base, but there's just something about them that doesn't put them quite up to the level of bands like U2.

I have seen them twice and i like them a whole lot - but calling them the best band in the world is crazy in my opinion....never the less i do like them a lot.

COLDPLAY - Best Band in the world?

:lol: hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:censored: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:madspit: :lol: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahheehheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowowowow.

NO.

Coldplay is nice, but not the best band at all
I used to think Coldplay is a band full of strong feelings but now I think it?s not.
Lots of love songs which probably came from NOWHERE mustn?t belong a great band.

I still don?t know If I like or if I hate Hail to the Thief.

zonelistener said:
yeah...but Chris is so much more attractive than Bono.....

The only advantage that Mr. Paltrow has over Mr. Hewson look-wise is that he's taller. The rest... well for a start how can you beat that Roman nose, eh? :)

I've been told that Colplay's music is actually far more energetic and lively in concert, pity I had to miss out both times they came to Melbourne.

Saracene said:

I've been told that Colplay's music is actually far more energetic and lively in concert, pity I had to miss out both times they came to Melbourne.

Yeah that is true! A lot of songs on their album sounded sooo more ALIVE when they were played in concert! Politik is one that really gave me shivers when they start the gig with it! Amazing!!!

coldplay ought to do some iron maiden covers.

chris is perfectly suited to belting out 'the number of the beast', 'the trooper', 'hallowed be thy name', and other such classics.

AROBTTH was mediocre on my first listen. good on my subsequent listens, and now has become mediocre again. There's not enough meat in it...it seems flung together sometimes. The debut was better

all in all, both albums are no more than "good" albums. no greatness here, people. Half the bands in the world could write the same songs

Mrs. Stapp said:
Ewww not a chance :down: My vote goes to my man's band! :happy:

You mean Creed?

:D

Marty (who did type in C R double E D)

edit: Hey, it's working again. Creed is no longer edited away! :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom