Coffin Bay, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
?!

Ben Cousins training for half a game the other day made the Age's front page. THE AGE.

:rolleyes:

NAB Cup opener, West Coast vs Collingwood. Hey it's Bonnie's Weagles!

And good lord! I thought only the Hun would stoop to that.

Kahn.........poor "een" :(

Before I left my office tonight, I decided to check on a flight headed to Memphis and noticed that it had an extensive delay. Then I checked a few "other things" and saw that suddenly Phoenix was in the picture.

Poor guy.

NAB Cup opener, West Coast vs Collingwood. Hey it's Bonnie's Weagles!

And good lord! I thought only the Hun would stoop to that.

I think the Age's current editor used to work at the Hun. A sad turn of events. :sigh:

BTW, u2.com emailed me to tell me about the GOYB video. They've finally put it up there.

I think the Age's current editor used to work at the Hun. A sad turn of events. :sigh:

BTW, u2.com emailed me to tell me about the GOYB video. They've finally put it up there.

Oh, so now it's same shit, different bias?

Ha, yeah, I saw that on WTAHAN last night. Apparently it's just like that rough cut but without the embarrassing watermark.

Oh, so now it's same shit, different bias?

Ha, yeah, I saw that on WTAHAN last night. Apparently it's just like that rough cut but without the embarrassing watermark.

I guess so...

*L* I didn't even notice the watermark, the one time I saw the leaked video.

The only Mormon I've ever met was a lovely person. But then she was broad-minded enough to spend a semester studying overseas, so....

Sign it's a wee bit too warm: there is no real difference between turning on the cold or hot tap.

I guess so...

*L* I didn't even notice the watermark, the one time I saw the leaked video.

Nor did I, but I can't say I was paying that close attention.

The only Mormon I've ever met was a lovely person. But then she was broad-minded enough to spend a semester studying overseas, so....

There were these two Mormon sisters at my high school who were easily two of the most wonderful people I've ever met. They left when I was in grade 10 to be missionaries in ... Auckland. Not Kinshasa or N'Djamena or Phnom Penh. Auckland! It was their father's idea.

There were these two Mormon sisters at my high school who were easily two of the most wonderful people I've ever met. They left when I was in grade 10 to be missionaries in ... Auckland. Not Kinshasa or N'Djamena or Phnom Penh. Auckland! It was their father's idea.

This girl I met at Uni later came back to Aus to be a missionary in Sydney. :shrug:

:wave: Just a fly by post....it was officially 43.2 degrees C in my backyard this afternoon...fuck me it was hot!! Wondered how I could keep breathing!!!

Daaamn, bushfires have closed the Seymour and Warrnambool railway lines as well as Gippsland, and both the Hume and Princes Highways are cut by fire.

My sister is a Mormon. She was raised the same as me though, so she's pretty much a Mormon in little more than name only.

What makes a Mormon? Lifestyle, family upbringing, parentage, beliefs...?

(You don't seem to identify yourself as Mormon, but your sister does? Was your family Mormon?)

Tell me to shut up if I'm being nosy... :D

Kim, I'll take that slightly cooler weather, thanks. :laugh:

Gawd, those poor firefighters...

The cool change isn't good news for them either, given that the shift in wind direction will just expand the fire front.

Bunyip State Park is apparently going up as we speak and there's another substantial blaze up Kilmore East way.

This is why I stick to the inner city, people!

*removes same link Ax posted two pages ago* :der:

There don't seem to be as many power outages as last week, though, which is something.

What makes a Mormon? Lifestyle, family upbringing, parentage, beliefs...?

(You don't seem to identify yourself as Mormon, but your sister does? Was your family Mormon?)

Tell me to shut up if I'm being nosy... :D
Beliefs and lifestyle are what make a Mormon. We were raised protestant but only went to church when we were little. Then when we were all older, we got mixed up with the evangelicals. My sister became a Mormon because the missionaries were hot. She started hanging out with them and they eventually converted her. I think now she stays because she'd made so many Mormon friends. They tend to be snobbish uppity people, like herself.

And to Ax, yes, the missionaries came from Utah to Kentucky. Christians send missionaries to the dark corners of the world. Mormons send missionaries to populous western cities, because the crowd they go after are Christians/agnostics who already have an understanding of biblical beliefs.

And to Ax, yes, the missionaries came from Utah to Kentucky. Christians send missionaries to the dark corners of the world. Mormons send missionaries to populous western cities, because the crowd they go after are Christians/agnostics who already have an understanding of biblical beliefs.

It just seems hilarious to me. My impression of missionary work is that the first priority is to help people in need, not cosy Westerners, and only secondly to convert. Or more to the point, to let the good deeds do the preaching for them. What's that quote? I think it's St Francis of Assisi; "Preach the gospel; if necessary, use words." One of my Catholic friends likes to quote it so I should know it! In any case, this so-called missionary work just seems to turn the whole thing on its head; beat people over the head with religion, and maybe help them if it comes up. It'd be one thing if they were going to work with the homeless or whatever, but out of all those I've known, they haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom