Coffee & TV - CSGW Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't the believe the shit they're planning with regards to this single... isn't it going to be a one off play, too?
For fucks sake. Why? Have we not all been loyal enough fans waiting 4 fucking years and going to so many shows and putting up with u218 etc etc?!
... I know this is their management and not them, but still. Bloody Universal.

I know! :down: It's just one song. Isn't the idea of a single to promote an album by having every possible person hearing it? :shrug:

I know! :down: It's just one song. Isn't the idea of a single to promote an album anyways? :shrug:

They're sucking absolutely all the fun out of and if they're not too careful they're going to put people off the new album too :down:

Let's just hope that the album lives up to the hype and secrecy... If it doesn't, then it's going to be one crap album and they're out and not two.

Yay people love Milky. :heart:

And yeah that's really disappointing about the single...but I'm still hoping that if they cut the live stream it'll somehow leak.

At the end of the day they're U2 and don't think they'll ever make a 'crap' album sales wise, because people will keep buying them.
So it just depends on what they deem to be crap... and would they put something out if they thought it was crap: :huh:

Yay people love Milky. :heart:

And yeah that's really disappointing about the single...but I'm still hoping that if they cut the live stream it'll somehow leak.

It will, even if people have to manually record it off the radio it can be done. They're just making our work SLIGHTLY harder :shrug:

At the end of the day they're U2 and don't think they'll ever make a 'crap' album sales wise, because people will keep buying them.
So it just depends on what they deem to be crap... and would they put something out if they thought it was crap: :huh:

I meant the general public thinking it crap and obviously not them

I think one possibility is that they think so much of the album that the reaction might never reach their expectations. That could equal a crap album in their minds.

Justin, why hasen't this song leaked?

Security at a ridiculous level. :lol:

I'm looking forward to this leak a lot, this is only the third time I've ever listened to the radio waiting for the a single to play :lol:

I dunno.... for some reason I feel it's just way too over hyped. They should let the music speak for itself on pure merit :shrug:

Few artists ever get in their position so you'd think they'd use that freedom and power for the fans. Do they really need the money that they "might" lose if there is a leak? :shrug:

It's not them though, is it, it's completely Universal... and a company like that always needs the money :lol:

Which brings it down to being a product they're selling, not music. Which cheapens it completely.

I dunno.... for some reason I feel it's just way too over hyped. They should let the music speak for itself on pure merit :shrug:

I know what you mean, people have really high expectations and they should just wait until they hear it - especially if they intend to bash it.
I honestly think I'll like it whatever it sounds like. Because it's by my favourite band and I don't care what direction they choose to go in.

It's not them though, is it, it's completely Universal... and a company like that always needs the money :lol:

Which brings it down to being a product they're selling, not music. Which cheapens it completely.

It is Universal but the band must have some say. I hope, at least. If U2 doesn't then I don't know if any artist actually does. :lol:

I know what you mean, people have really high expectations and they should just wait until they hear it - especially if they intend to bash it.
I honestly think I'll like it whatever it sounds like. Because it's by my favourite band and I don't care what direction they choose to go in.

Same here. I've honestly never been disappointed by anything they've released. :shrug:

And I just expect that good album, I'm not even thinking about what it'll sound like or anything; I haven't even read 99% of the descriptions and discussions going on here, I'll form my opinion about it when I listen to it.

Same here. I've honestly never been disappointed by anything they've released. :shrug:

And I just expect that good album, I'm not even thinking about what it'll sound like or anything; I haven't even read 99% of the descriptions and discussions going on here, I'll form my opinion about it when I listen to it.

:yes: :up:

I'm not swayed at the reviews at all - I've read some of them, and one made me quite excited, but a review couldn't possibly dampen my spirits. Peoples tastes are different :shrug: How can you base your opinion on something you haven't even heard?

Let's all big up U2! :D

It is Universal but the band must have some say. I hope, at least. If U2 doesn't then I don't know if any artist actually does. :lol:

I know it's a little over the top but they probably set a release date for a good reason, maybe they want to time single release, with tracklist, album cover announcement or maybe they want an iTunes release on the same day. I guess they must have something big planned for Monday or there wouldn't be so much security

French/English actress Charlotte Rampling in the avatar and a Chekhov play in the signature :up:

I thought I recognized her in your av. I want to add that I know Charlotte Rampling from two movies that couldn't be further apart. :lol: The first is a b-movie called Orca, about a killer whale taking revenge on a whaler, and The Swimming Pool, a dark foreign film that couldn't be any further from a b-movie. :wink:

:yes: :up:

I'm not swayed at the reviews at all - I've read some of them, and one made me quite excited, but a review couldn't possibly dampen my spirits. Peoples tastes are different :shrug: How can you base your opinion on something you haven't even heard?

Let's all big up U2! :D

I like reading the descriptions of the songs, I really couldn't care less what the person thinks. The descriptions make me excited though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom