Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just having a dig at those people from the Northern Hemisphere who don't realise that, while the climate gets warmer from north to south on their side of the planet, the opposite is true for us in the Southern Hemisphere. So they hear that Hobart is a long way south of Brisbane, for instance, and assume that Hobart is warmer than Brisbane. And it's resoundingly not. :lol:

Well that's just stupid. Jesus.

There's one version of Pride I REALLY like and I can't remember what it is. It might be R&H...the only thing I can remember to help (And this is not going to be helpful :lol: ) is that Bono goes "For Dr. King...Sing" (In the naaaaaaaaaaaaame...)

Ax?

Didn't he do that at, like, all of them?

I have GOT to stop saying "like" so much.

:lmao:

I got my brother a t-shirt from the Weebl and Bob site (if you know it) ... it has a skeletal monkey on it, with the words "Lo, I am become Death, Stealer of Pie".

He likes it. :D

Weebl and Bob site! :drool: I really don't watch a lot of their videos, but the OTHER videos on that site omg

erk fuck. just interjaecting some random stalker info here -
i am being pranked at all hours of the day and night the last couple of days,

whitepages.com.au

i have to be taken out of the phone book stat whitepages gives not only the adress but a MAP to the persons house. that is very uncool .

Ok, this little speech Bono gave right before Knocking on Heaven's Door is the exact reason why I hate the Bono of today. WHERE DID THAT GUY GO!? "It's not about amplifiers and stadiums..." vs. Whatever he said about hearing thousands of people scream his name

Weebl and Bob site! :drool: I really don't watch a lot of their videos, but the OTHER videos on that site omg

I've seen a bit of the Weebl and Bob vids from a couple of years ago, I've lost track of it lately. Not seen the others so much.

Aaw, Bono's telling us about The Song!
omg, Knockin' on Heaven's Door... :lol: :rockon:

erk fuck. just interjaecting some random stalker info here -
i am being pranked at all hours of the day and night the last couple of days,

whitepages.com.au

i have to be taken out of the phone book stat whitepages gives not only the adress but a MAP to the persons house. that is very uncool .
That sucks Jen. ANd I didn't know whitepages did that!

Ok, this little speech Bono gave right before Knocking on Heaven's Door is the exact reason why I hate the Bono of today. WHERE DID THAT GUY GO!? "It's not about amplifiers and stadiums..." vs. Whatever he said about hearing thousands of people scream his name

Yeah... the breathless incoherent speeches are so much more sincere than the more recent rehearsed bits.

I guess he mellowed or something? :shrug:
(Might as well come right out and say it... breathless sincere incoherence is for your younger rock stars, I guess.)

Yeah... the breathless incoherent speeches are so much more sincere than the more recent rehearsed bits.

I guess he mellowed or something? :shrug:
(Might as well come right out and say it... breathless sincere incoherence is for your younger rock stars, I guess.)

*Needs a time machine*

Damn phone calls interrupting my Superthreading!

There's one version of Pride I REALLY like and I can't remember what it is. It might be R&H...the only thing I can remember to help (And this is not going to be helpful :lol: ) is that Bono goes "For Dr. King...Sing" (In the naaaaaaaaaaaaame...)

Ax?

Yeah, that's pretty much half of the performances of Pride ever done.

Damn phone calls interrupting my Superthreading!

Yeah, that's pretty much half of the performances of Pride ever done.

I just know it was one that was on a DVD/CD not sure which though that's the problem. Grr. I really think it's R&H though, so no worries

18 November 1989, Sydney has this awesome Knockin' On Heaven's Door cover where Bono goes on one of his great unrehearsed political tangents. It just always comes across as so much more meaningful and powerful when it's not a carefully timed, well-rehearsed speech.

*considers rapidly expanding Bootleg folder*

I am not looking forward to splicing all these two-part boots into one folder for each show. :crack:

18 November 1989, Sydney has this awesome Knockin' On Heaven's Door cover where Bono goes on one of his great unrehearsed political tangents. It just always comes across as so much more meaningful and powerful when it's not a carefully timed, well-rehearsed speech.

*checks* Hey, I have that one too. And I love that the first track is called "Evacuation announcement" ... :lol:

I just know it was one that was on a DVD/CD not sure which though that's the problem. Grr. I really think it's R&H though, so no worries

Probably RAH. I, for the record, have not listened to Pride from RAH in about four years.

If you want a really good live Pride, try either 31 August 1984, Wellington or the Old Grey Whistle Test performance from 8 March 1987. Both beat the studio version. No others do.

God I know. That Bono was a different person that's for sure. I know this guy still means well, but it just feels flat when it's repeated at every single show.

Hey Ax, Bruce hit 30 songs at a show the other day btw, Has U2 ever even come close to that mark (especially) while they were young?

Probably RAH. I, for the record, have not listened to Pride from RAH in about four years.

If you want a really good live Pride, try either 31 August 1984, Wellington or the Old Grey Whistle Test performance from 8 March 1987. Both beat the studio version. No others do.

Perhaps I will check that out :hmm:

*checks* Hey, I have that one too. And I love that the first track is called "Evacuation announcement" ... :lol:

Yep, that's the Bomb Threat show. Somebody phoned in a bomb threat, so the entire venue had to be evacuated before the show so that the police could search it. Of course, there was no bomb.

The end result was that the band played an amazing show, though. Bono's quite passionate, and he makes a number of references/jokes about the evacuation.

I got the bass tab for 40, a while back. I've got no hope of playing it though, since a) I can't use a pick (yet), and b) it's not an Adam bassline. Damn you, Edge! *shakes fist*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom