Cockhill, Buncrana, Donegal, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any particular reason you chose Diary? Eh, you might like it the best. My favourite by them is How It Feels To Be Something On.

I've just heard a whole lot about it. I think it's their most acclaimed by a fair amount. Plus, the couple of tracks I heard beforehand were appealing to me.

Get yourself a cane and you're sweet. Tip: If anybody is ever suspicious that you can see more than they think you should be able to, just use the line "low vision does not mean no vision".

I'm not joking when I say legal blindness is one of the best things that's ever happened to me.
My vision's pretty bad, though I haven't had it checked in years. If it got worse to the point of legal blindness, I can't say I wouldn't be pleased.

Hey Ashley, I'm feeling a ton better than I was earlier. We went and hung out with the German Boys, and it was cool to have a bit of a social life for a change.

Then we spent the last two and a half hours just lying together and talking, and I did get slightly weepy at one point (fucking hormones) because things are ~serious~ and ~complicated~. I think too much, I know. I just wish I knew a government official or something who could pull some strings, so that miles of red tape could be avoided.

Hey Ashley, I'm feeling a ton better than I was earlier. We went and hung out with the German Boys, and it was cool to have a bit of a social life for a change.

Then we spent the last two and a half hours just lying together and talking, and I did get slightly weepy at one point (fucking hormones) because things are ~serious~ and ~complicated~. I think too much, I know. I just wish I knew a government official or something who could pull some strings, so that miles of red tape could be avoided.

I'm glad to hear that it's good for you to get out

I really wish I knew what to tell you guys. That whole situation sucks on so many different levels :(

Red Rain is pouring down, Ashley. Pouring all over me.

CHASS! Raingasm :lol:

Ugh, listening to my record player with headphones on reminds me how badly I need a new needle :sad: I hate having a roommate, even if it's a roommate I don't actually share a room with (complicated explanation required)

Ugh, listening to my record player with headphones on reminds me how badly I need a new needle :sad: I hate having a roommate, even if it's a roommate I don't actually share a room with (complicated explanation required)

I don't think the headphones work on mine anymore. :( We had to go out of town to get a new needle for ours, because, well, nobody around here uses them anymore. :sad:

I don't think the headphones work on mine anymore. :( We had to go out of town to get a new needle for ours, because, well, nobody around here uses them anymore. :sad:

There is a record store that sells everything I need LITERALLY right down the street :love:

I wanna unplug the headphones though, this sound is driving me nuts :scream:

There is a record store that sells everything I need LITERALLY right down the street :love:

I wanna unplug the headphones though, this sound is driving me nuts :scream:

:rant:

I once saw this jukebox-looking thing that played CDs, cassettes, and vinyl records for $150. Should have picked that up, but it was too huge and gaudy to place anywhere in the house.

:rant:

I once saw this jukebox-looking thing that played CDs, cassettes, and vinyl records for $150. Should have picked that up, but it was too huge and gaudy to place anywhere in the house.

I've shown you mine right? My big regret about mine now is that it can't just automatically convert everything to CD like one I found for just $50 more can :banghead:

I'm glad to hear that it's good for you to get out

I really wish I knew what to tell you guys. That whole situation sucks on so many different levels :(
It's just... he's going to have to go back to Guadalajara eventually, and who knows how long it would be before he's able to come back (legally this time!), and it just sucks. I would seriously fall apart without him, and it scares me so much. I don't want to go back to how I was before.

CHASS! Raingasm :lol:
:uhoh: Did he catch it from Bono? Is it contagious?

My vision's pretty bad, though I haven't had it checked in years. If it got worse to the point of legal blindness, I can't say I wouldn't be pleased.

What pisses me off is that if you're just legally blind (like I am), you get plenty of assistance and perks, while if you're only faintly on the other side of the line, you get nothing. At least, that's how it is here. For most of my life, I believed I wasn't legally blind, because in controlled clinical conditions, I don't actually test as legally blind unless the person doing the test is familiar with my eye disorders (i.e. if they know nothing of my conditions and just get me to read an eye chart, I'm not at the level of legal blindness). So when I struck a guy with a clue this year and he found me to be legally blind - I was honestly elated. Everything's been better since then.

I've shown you mine right? My big regret about mine now is that it can't just automatically convert everything to CD like one I found for just $50 more can :banghead:

No, I don't think so. :hmm:

My record player is just a plain ol' wooden one from the 70's. It's vintage x10.

What pisses me off is that if you're just legally blind (like I am), you get plenty of assistance and perks, while if you're only faintly on the other side of the line, you get nothing. At least, that's how it is here. For most of my life, I believed I wasn't legally blind, because in controlled clinical conditions, I don't actually test as legally blind unless the person doing the test is familiar with my eye disorders (i.e. if they know nothing of my conditions and just get me to read an eye chart, I'm not at the level of legal blindness). So when I struck a guy with a clue this year and he found me to be legally blind - I was honestly elated. Everything's been better since then.
For curiosity's sake, how bad is your vision without glasses?

I've only heard his music on DI, but I'm not impressed with it.

Bah, everyone always uses the slowest and least catchy Peter Gabriel stuff (myself included :uhoh: ) for atmosphere's sake. Sledgehammer and Solsbury Hill are too awesome and catchy to be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom