Cockfosters, North London Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, on your wallet anyway.

'Cause that'd be rocking.

Oh, and speaking of wallets and money, Daniel, you still owe me for the second night's ticket!

:evil:

I was planning on paying you back on either the Tuesday or Wednesday, depends on how much cash I have with me when I get back from Sydney. Either way, you will be paid!

Baaaahahaha. I'm just going through gathering links to the pre-Superthread postwhorehouse threads (I'll post them when I'm done), and our thread over on POTDB is STILL almost on the first page. It's just four threads off. Ha. What a dead forum.

I bet you'd change your tune if you could only go shopping outside of business hours. Especially if you had to try and find a car park at Chadstone.

:crack:

FYI - never ever EVER go to Chaddy on Xmas Eve. Just DON'T. I have never seen so many people jammed into an enclosed space, and I was GA at U2.

It's called the first weekend after 13/12, and DIY gifts. Alternatively, it's called being the worst gift-giver ever. If people need a card and a gift from me to know I care about them, they obviously aren't terribly perceptive. A perceptive person would know that cards and gifts from me invariably suck and they're better off without them!

I was at Melbourne Central on about the 21st or 22nd last year. That was quite bad enough.

Btw, Daniel, how was Bloc Party?

Bloc Party were brilliant.

Myself and Festival Hall were shit :lol:

I was really worn down from going out on thursday night and a tough day at work friday. (I took my first ever powernap on the drive down) Festival Halls sound system was really crap for people with side stage seating, I could barley make out what was being said during the small talk before songs.

But Bloc Party were brilliant, my only quip They Didn't play "I Still Remember"....oh and Kele saved someone from being kicked out....This guy had gone over the rail and started dancing on the roof where the soundboard was, security were about to remove him when Kele goes "Hey Hey Hey, wait up, that guy was doing an amazing dance, you can't kick him out!...OI!!! This is Kele from Bloc Party....leave him...let him stay, as long has he doesn't do it again, let him stay"

Good Times!

Hey Ax... (or anyone else who feels like venturing an opinion)... If you were going to put together an 80-minute CD of all-Muse songs, what would you put on it?

Bloc Party were brilliant.

Myself and Festival Hall were shit :lol:

Haha, that's awesome about the dancing guy. :up:

I always snark at those "Take a powernap NOW!" signs when I'm driving to my parents' place... I'm all, "What, right now, this very second while I'm driving? Okay! zzzzzz"

And Festival Hall sucks donkey balls. I had side seating there for Placebo, while my friends were being crushed in the mosh pit.
I can never understand most of what people say between songs at concerts, anyway...

... Except the Skipping Girl Vinegar guy. :crack:

Hey Ax... (or anyone else who feels like venturing an opinion)... If you were going to put together an 80-minute CD of all-Muse songs, what would you put on it?

I would insist upon Hysteria, Newborn, Micro Cuts, Sunburn, Apocalypse Please, Starlight, Stockholm Syndrome, Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution, and Plug-in Baby.

Haha, that's awesome about the dancing guy. :up:

I always snark at those "Take a powernap NOW!" signs when I'm driving to my parents' place... I'm all, "What, right now, this very second while I'm driving? Okay! zzzzzz"

And Festival Hall sucks donkey balls. I had side seating there for Placebo, while my friends were being crushed in the mosh pit.
I can never understand most of what people say between songs at concerts, anyway...

:lol:

Oh Placebo would have been good to see, when did yo see them?

I'm going through a(nother) Muse phase... :D

I would insist upon Hysteria, Newborn, Micro Cuts, Sunburn, Apocalypse Please, Starlight, Stockholm Syndrome, Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution, and Plug-in Baby.

Muscle Museum, Map Of The Problematique, Unintended, Showbiz, Bliss, Perhaps Space Dementia, Assassin, Knights Of Cydonia, Take A Bow

If you put Knights and Take A Bow , one most open the cd, and the other close :D

Erm, I think it was a couple of years ago, now... It was after Meds came out.

Ah yeah, probably about the time I discovered and really overplayed them....Heheh....

I have a habit of getting into bands that I have just missed the tours....Tori Amos is the perfect example :grumpy:

Muscle Museum, Map Of The Problematique, Unintended, Showbiz, Bliss, Perhaps Space Dementia, Assassin, Knights Of Cydonia, Take A Bow

If you put Knights and Take A Bow , one most open the cd, and the other close :D

... It's been so long since I listened to Origin of Symmetry, I forgot what song Bliss was... :reject:

Yes, I phail.

Am compiling prospective list...

I did that with Muse. :grumpy:

:hug:

Ah my timing with Muse was perfect. I got into them just as Black Holes came out. I actually thought the band members were pictured on the album cover :lol: (I had not seen or heard them before)

I've seen seen them live 4 times!.....We'll have to go when they come back Ali. Another interference meet up.

oh and Kele saved someone from being kicked out....This guy had gone over the rail and started dancing on the roof where the soundboard was, security were about to remove him when Kele goes "Hey Hey Hey, wait up, that guy was doing an amazing dance, you can't kick him out!...OI!!! This is Kele from Bloc Party....leave him...let him stay, as long has he doesn't do it again, let him stay"

Good Times!

That's pretty cool.

Must admit I love the early U2 boots where Bono yells at/harasses security.

Starlight is the only song from BHAR worth including.

That's pretty cool.

Must admit I love the early U2 boots where Bono yells at/harasses security.

It brought a smile to my face, and to be honest (this was just before "Flux", which was about the 4th last song) it lifted the crowd to just another level, and the rest of the show was amazing!

Starlight is the only song from BHAR worth including.

:mad:

We need to do a muse listening party! .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom