Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The album seems solid enough to me overall, nothing stands out as being bad which is definitely a plus. Lykke Li song is fantastic

I've got it open in the iTunes Store right now, it even says Purchased, but nothing shows up in my iTunes library - and if I click play in the Store, it's just previews, not the full song.

I feel like a n00b right now. Good grief Ax.

I've got it open in the iTunes Store right now, it even says Purchased, but nothing shows up in my iTunes library - and if I click play in the Store, it's just previews, not the full song.

I feel like a n00b right now. Good grief Ax.

If you right click it is there a download option?

I didn't have massively high expectations but this is turning out to be pretty good. Hell, I would've been happy with half a dozen good songs.

The fact that they actually released an album for free is impressive enough to me.

Theeeeere we go, the update sorted things out.

Now to actually listen... or go to work and listen there?

Seriously guys, "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)"? How can this NOT suck?

And oh jesus, ANOTHER song named after a place in America?

It starts off with a Santa Barbara chant.

It's clearly the greatest moment of their career.

OK so this song is fairly alright. Not because of anything Bono's doing, mind. But Edge is in decent form.

Now "Every Breaking Wave". Is this the only one of the songs debuted on 360 to be on the album, or are some of the later ones evolutions of those tracks under different titles?

Oh and Ax - the album is dedicated to Paul McGuinness. Have that in mind when you're listening.

Isn't it beautiful that the cheap, greedy swine gets a dedication on an album that has been given away for free?

I love this.

It starts off with a Santa Barbara chant.

It's clearly the greatest moment of their career.

Oh my god I just got to this and I want to kick every single one of them.

This is Miami all over again.

OK so this song is fairly alright. Not because of anything Bono's doing, mind. But Edge is in decent form.

Now "Every Breaking Wave". Is this the only one of the songs debuted on 360 to be on the album, or are some of the later ones evolutions of those tracks under different titles?

Troubles is the beach clip with the female vocal on it and there's some of Glasto in Volcano.

Isn't it beautiful that the cheap, greedy swine gets a dedication on an album that has been given away for free?

I love this.

Given away for "free" after Apple paid for it. I wonder how much. Presumably a fucking mint. Goddamn that's clever, give away an album while still getting to roll around in money.

The new added part to Every Breaking Wave makes me recollect everything I hate about U2 of the 21st century.

The 2nd half is better though. The album, not the song. That one is useless after the first thirty seconds.

Troubles is the beach clip with the female vocal on it and there's some of Glasto in Volcano.

Cool, cheers. I'm not sure if I heard that beach clip or not. Probably. I only listened to them once this time out of curiosity, rather than 1,000 times like I did in 2004 and 2006.

I'm surprised North Star hasn't been given a proper official release. I see in October there's a physical edition coming with more songs, but no North Star. Not that I care that much.

And I love that Bono's now blabbed about some Songs of Experience second album. He's got the "there'll be another new album!" in before we've even heard the first one, good job! I can't wait for it to come out in 2023.

Given away for "free" after Apple paid for it. I wonder how much. Presumably a fucking mint. Goddamn that's clever, give away an album while still getting to roll around in money.

Yeah, I know, but still... I seem to recall an interview after Radiohead's In Rainbows came out that the "giving away for free" thing won't happen on his watch.

Good thing he retired.

Honestly not a fan of the opening of that song at all, but I think it recovers pretty okay

Yeah you're right, it improves. That said, so does Miami. Its segue into Bullet live almost made you want to forgive them for putting such a turd on record. Almost.

Do you guys like how Bono goes on about various places in his U2.com blurb that U2 has never toured and probably never will?

What's the betting somebody on EYKIW uses this as the basis of a rumour thread about "zomg U2 gunna tour IDNIA AND ACRIFA!!!111!1"

I liked the fact that the sixth hello was in Croatian after all the big world languages.

I almost started to like him again. Then I heard the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom