Cockburn, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rolling Stone NLOTH thread is a microcosm of everything that's wrong with Interference. Still a good read.

I'm moderately excited for the new album, but I'm not expecting to be wowed. An improvement over ATYCLB and HTDAAB is all I ask for.

The Rolling Stone page won't load for me :grumpy:, but I don't really care, I'm so tired of hearing about what's supposedly going to be on this damn album. I want to hear something, not read about it.

:listens to Space Moon list for the fifth time:

The Rolling Stone NLOTH thread is a microcosm of everything that's wrong with Interference. Still a good read.

Going by RS's descriptions (a dangerous thing to do, of course), some of the songs on NLOTH may just be a microcosm of everything that's wrong with 2000s U2.

I expect an improvement over the last two, and that's about it. Gotta say, that would make me extremely happy. I'm not looking for anything specific from the musical direction, just quality songwriting.

I expect something good, and I don't expect to be disappointed, simply because it is U2 making the music. There I said it :madspit:

Going by RS's descriptions (a dangerous thing to do, of course), some of the songs on NLOTH may just be a microcosm of everything that's wrong with 2000s U2.

I cannot tell a damn thing from the descriptions, to be honest. Descriptions of songs only work for me after I've heard them, not before.

I expect an improvement over the last two, and that's about it. Gotta say, that would make me extremely happy. I'm not looking for anything specific from the musical direction, just quality songwriting.

I'm hoping it holds up as a cohesive album rather than just being a collection of tracks like HTDAAB was. Even if I don't dig the music itself all that much, a return to making proper albums would be nice

Between Frusciante, Springsteen, Franz Ferdinand, U2, and Mute Math, January-March 2009 looks awesome.

I cannot tell a damn thing from the descriptions, to be honest. Descriptions of songs only work for me after I've heard them, not before.

"Crazy Tonight"
"It's kind of like this album's 'Beautiful Day' — it has that kind of joy to it," Bono says. With the refrain "I know I'll go crazy/If I don't go crazy tonight," it's the band's most unabashed pop tune since "Sweetest Thing."

I'm trying to figure out how this could possibly be a good song despite the description, and I can't.

(And it's not helping that I'm hearing the refrain to the tune of Chicken Tonight television ads.)

Crazy Tonight is the one song I pegged as "the song I can see being terrible."

I haven't heard the beach clips (by choice), so I have no clue what to expect.

Hey, with this new laptop, it's going to make me normal in the whole file-sharing thing. So, I'll be able to upload and send albums with the ease you have all enjoyed for quite a while.

Crazy Tonight is the one song I pegged as "the song I can see being terrible."

I haven't heard the beach clips (by choice), so I have no clue what to expect.

After the experience of the 2004 beach clips, I'm not putting too much stock in the current ones anyway. I remember how utterly deceptive the Miracle Drug clip was - we all expected it to be something in the vein of UF.

"Unknown Caller"
This midtempo track could have fit on All That You Can't Leave Behind. "The idea is that the narrator is in an altered state, and his phone starts talking to him," says the Edge.

So has someone in WTAHAN gone "ZOMG THE FLY PART II THIS IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT ACHTUNG BABY!!?!!AKJD;LJAD:SWOON::combust::faint:" yet?

On this album, you can feel what is going on in the world at the window, scratching at the windowpane

What?

Damn I shouldn't have read this. None of these sound like songs I'd like. But, like Peef, it's hard to be SURE what it would sound like based on words.

"Unknown Caller"
This midtempo track could have fit on All That You Can't Leave Behind. "The idea is that the narrator is in an altered state, and his phone starts talking to him," says the Edge.

So has someone in WTAHAN gone "ZOMG THE FLY PART II THIS IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT ACHTUNG BABY!!?!!AKJD;LJAD:SWOON::combust::faint:" yet?

I can't be bothered reading the rest of the thread, but I'm assuming more than one person has thrown a fit due to the ATYCLB comparison.

After the experience of the 2004 beach clips, I'm not putting too much stock in the current ones anyway. I remember how utterly deceptive the Miracle Drug clip was - we all expected it to be something in the vein of UF.

What was deceptive about it? What part of Miracle Drug was the clip from?

What was deceptive about it? What part of Miracle Drug was the clip from?

It was the part of the solo before Edge really kicks in. So we thought we had some kind of sprawling atmospheric track reminiscent of UF on our hands.

Seriously? None of them?

I'm serious. I didn't expect to feel like that. What happened to all the talk of the potential for atmospheric on this album? They didn't mention it once in THIS article. Granted this is the only one I've read all the way through, and now I remember why I'm not reading, listening to, or speculating on ANYTHING about the album.

I'm serious. I didn't expect to feel like that. What happened to all the talk of the potential for atmospheric on this album? They didn't mention it once in THIS article. Granted this is the only one I've read all the way through, and now I remember why I'm not reading, listening to, or speculating on ANYTHING about the album.

The Q magazine article alluded to a lot of atmosphere.

Hello beautiful people of the Superthread. I am in need of help. I'm trying to put together my playlist for this Space Moon thing and I can't remember how to get it all zipped up or whatever so that all you have to do is just download the whole thing instead of the individual songs. I have all the songs ready and I'm using MediaFire. Can anyone explain?

Thanks. The pathetic thing is that this was explained to me a few months ago for Desert Island.

Also, I have a feeling that I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight. :drool:

Right click and go to new, and then create a new compressed/ZIP folder. Then, take all the music files you want to upload, copy them, and paste them in said folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom